Petition: Bring back extended player colours!

General Discussion
06/08/2017 06:58 PMPosted by Pete Stilwell
Friends,

Expanding team color options is in our backlog, but to manage expectation we're looking after SCR's release to get it in. For the record, I'll be picking crimson as my go to...

Cheers,
Pete

So is this still happening?
I think an array of preset colours from the ones available (single byte) would be enough. Something like a few points on a colour wheel, light/dark versions, with black and grey thrown in.
It'd be nice to be able to change the color for players 9-12.
So if i edited a Scenario with SCmdraft for example and use the extra colors like pale yellow, dark aqua, etc. those will appear in the remastered version too?!?
10/26/2017 09:48 PMPosted by Wertyu
So if i edited a Scenario with SCmdraft for example and use the extra colors like pale yellow, dark aqua, etc. those will appear in the remastered version too?!?

As of now, yes and no depending on the default slot. It's been removed. All colors revert to the slot it was assigned. Examples of this include player 6 always brown color, player 7 white, 8 is yellow, 9 as dark green etc... For colors beyond 12-256, you would need to use SCMDraft 2. As far as appearing in Remaster for the SPECIFIC COLORS YOU STATED, YES they do, but you need to use player 10 for pale yellow and player 11 for peach.

Additionally, with the removal of those colors, a unique feature such as increasing maximum unit cap by placing certain "units" or "buildings" owned by a "specific color" on the map also no longer works. An example of this would be placing a nuclear misslie for 'player 217' in SCMDraft 2 which gives 'player 1' or 'Red' an extra +400 Supply cap with zero supply depots or command centers. It works with several other units, but you'd need to find a way to destroy the buildings so they don't linger which is seen on many +exceeded supply cap maps. Here's an old guide if you care, but it doesn't work anymore:

http://www.moddb.com/groups/starcraft-fan-group/tutorials/how-to-exceed-the-200-supply-limit-in-starcraft

edit: what I hope for is not only colors, but more editable units in game. The current amount is just too little.
i would like to customize my ally colors. u know the colors that apear if u press shift and tab. I want my color to be green and the enemy to be black or red.

That would be awsome!
Yes
All for it.
Friends,

Expanding team color options is in our backlog, but to manage expectation we're looking after SCR's release to get it in. For the record, I'll be picking crimson as my go to...

Cheers,
Pete

Thanks Pete, I'm sure you all have enough on your plate, but the little things can be just as satisfying as the bigger things!
Oh look, another thing they never fixed. It takes 5+ months to put in colors? That were already there before?

I wonder if they're literally waiting for Christmas.
10/28/2017 05:45 PMPosted by Theroux
Oh look, another thing they never fixed. It takes 5+ months to put in colors? That were already there before?

I wonder if they're literally waiting for Christmas.

Were the custom colors even working at all? What some people call "extented player colors" was to me nothing but pixelated mess with black and random colors. Unit colors had no shading or consistency, it was just a mess. The only working colors back then and now were and are: Red, Blue, Teal, Purple, Orange, Brown, White, Yellow, Green, Pale Yellow, Tan and Dark Aqua. The rest were simply glitched sprites and minimap was making that player color always black. Thankfuly they've fixed that in Remastered because these colors were not even working as intented, selecting a Black Flag caused the game to crash. Should more colors be added? Yes, in some future, but removing glitchy colors(yes, Blueish Gray, Pale Green and Cyan were awfuly glitched colors) was also a right thing to do. They were never even working as they should have anyways, those were the colors scrapped from StarCraft Alpha.
Friends,

Cheers,
Pete

So.. any news?
11/27/2017 11:21 PMPosted by Fyrros
Friends,

Cheers,
Pete

So.. any news?

Based on the current situation, don't expect anything to happen until 2019 or hope the game stops being developed by Blizzard so we can go back to how things were the way before.
Any news on this implementation? I miss the variety of colors from Brood War (before remastered).
This been pro missed way back on release of BETA, the thing is if it has not been implemented yet i honestly dont think they will ever... but who knows, maybe on next patch?
Any updates on this?
Why did Blizzard remove this? Come on Blizzard, remaster is a post to be an upgrade to the original, not a downgrade. My favorite color's is green, brown and peach.
05/08/2018 07:13 PMPosted by FieryChar
Why did Blizzard remove this? Come on Blizzard, remaster is a post to be an upgrade to the original, not a downgrade. My favorite color's is green, brown and peach.

Green, Brown and Peach (it's called Tan) still exists in game as colors, you know...
Aesthetics will be the last update from the manager line to debut/improve. There are more real problems like to expand match to 2vs2/3vs3. I would not expect it so soon. Maybe next 6 monthes.

Green, Brown and Peach (it's called Tan) still exists in game as colors, you know...

How exactly do you get these colors to spawn in? Even in offline games or LAN?