Feedback Request -- Leaderboard

General Discussion
StarCraft: Remastered will also add modern matchmaking and ladder functionality, including a Leaderboard.

After you've read through the blog, let us know your thoughts and feelings about these additions. Thank you!
Wouldn't it be hard to find matches on certain servers? Dont know how well it will work on US west.
"Not comfortable with others viewing your profile? Simply disable discoverability from your in-game Profile page."

Will it be an all or nothing disable or can we disable certain aspects like just if leaderboard shows if we're online or not?
06/09/2017 10:21 AMPosted by Dude
"Not comfortable with others viewing your profile? Simply disable discoverability from your in-game Profile page."

Will it be an all or nothing disable or can we disable certain aspects like just if leaderboard shows if we're online or not?
I'm curious about this sort of thing too. If you could go into more detail on what we're allowed to disable that'd be great. Also will we be able to make our matchmaking profile completely private, even from friends?
Is this a ladder or do we have a MMR rating? What do points represent?
Sounds like no matchmaking on release. Selling an unfinished product. I wont be buying it until matchmaking is here.
Matchmaking sounds good to find people closer to your rank to play with.
Also funny post :)
06/09/2017 10:40 AMPosted by Faent
Sounds like no matchmaking on release. Selling an unfinished product. I wont be buying it until matchmaking is here.

There is match making. They are not gonna match you up against GM players if you aren't close to that level aside from maybe placement matches.
While it needs some precaution with abuse when playing against only 1 account or fresh accounts, it'd be nice that the MMR gets calculated from ladder pool maps hosted or joined by players themselves outside of the matchmaking too.

Obviously you could host them without the rating for practise too.
Nice little update. Looks good.

06/09/2017 10:40 AMPosted by Faent

https://starcraft.com/en-gb/articles/20814255
My first thought is that I'm not a fan of that invisibility mode.
I don't want the leaderboard to not be a reflection of the reality.
But at the same time it could be a solution against some issues like smurfes/barcodes, ladder anxiety, ..
I'm not sure what's better.
Looks beautiful but when is this going to the PTR? For that matter, when are any of the previewed features going into testing?
06/09/2017 10:50 AMPosted by HaN
My first thought is that I'm not a fan of that invisibility mode.
I don't want the leaderboard to not be a reflection of the reality.
But at the same time it could be a solution against some issues like smurfes/barcodes, ladder anxiety, ..
I'm not sure what's better.

I think people need to be able to hide profile so that high level players can hide replays if they like.
Not comfortable with others viewing your profile? Simply disable discoverability from your in-game Profile page.

What does it mean? I hope even if you disable 'discoverability' you will still be shown on the leaderboard with your name, race, stats etc. but without people being able to PM or see your replays. I don't like the option of people not being displayed on the leaderboard at all - the leaderboard should represent the reality. And I don't have a problem with smurfs - it was always fun finding out who is who on Fish or Iccup.

--------------
I really like the remastered background pic.
I would consider adding a country's flag next to the Player's name.
I find Disconnects shown to be irrelevant - i would love to see Win Ratio instead

--------------
That animated portrait of the Hydralisk looks awesome, but I'm not sure about the background - a bit much like the it's body!
May be let people hide their win/lose and other information, but not rating and position in leaderboard. At least for top players, otherwise top ranks would be pretty meaningless.
Dragon님이 유명하다 ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
I like it, but to be honest, I liked the feel of "being inside a computer" theme that old battle net had.

Adding planets behind everything makes me think of sc2 :P
06/09/2017 11:32 AMPosted by idn
May be let people hide their win/lose and other information, but not rating and position in leaderboard. At least for top players, otherwise top ranks would be pretty meaningless.

LOL, no, no, no, if u wanna hide your loses go play sc2.
06/09/2017 11:57 AMPosted by poegim
06/09/2017 11:32 AMPosted by idn

LOL, no, no, no, if u wanna hide your loses go play sc2.

I want more people play bw, not sc2. Even if they like to hide their loses.
BTW please ADD country flags.