StarCraft: Remastered Pre-purchase Available

General Discussion
1 2 3 11 Next
StarCraft: Remastered is now available for pre-purchase!

StarCraft: Remastered brings you the real-time strategy you know and love with modern luxuries. Experience the iconic story in new ways, revisit your favorite lines and audio like it’s the first time, and experience gameplay with unprecedented and incredible visual detail.

Pre-purchasing now will grant you access to multiple unlockable goodies, including three exclusive skins: the Char Hive, Korhal Command Center, and the Aiur Nexus! These skins will become available to use when the game goes live on August 14th, and are only available to those who pre-purchase before that date.

As an additional thank you, all players who purchase or upgrade to StarCraft: Remastered will unlock three portraits in StarCraft II, as well as the Stukov Co-op Missions Commander.

We’re extremely excited for the upcoming release of StarCraft: Remastered, and hope you are too!
Does buying the PC version also includes Mac in the future?
/e Faints
Yes, where is the Mac version? This will determine whether I buy or not.

Edit: I see the web page has been updated to include the Mac version. Thank you, Blizz.

Pre-purchased. :)
Is it download only, or will there be a hard copy available in stores?
We're excited to say that the game will be available for both Mac and PC! You should now see this reflected on the battle.net shop :)
I'd still really like to see a preview of the campaign. I'd like to know what the "enhanced storytelling" entails.
The preorder page says it requires StarCraft Anthology. Does this mean the remaster is just a patch on top of the original game or is this a completely new install?

Will StarCraft Remastered be integrated into the Blizzard client?

If you do not own the original, do you have to purchase the original first and then the remaster, or is there a separate page to purchase the full version?
I LOVE THAT CHAR HIVE
06/29/2017 07:09 PMPosted by Digitoxin
The preorder page says it requires StarCraft Anthology. Does this mean the remaster is just a patch on top of the original game or is this a completely new install?

If you do not own the original, do you have to purchase the original first and then the remaster, or is there a separate page to purchase the full version?

StarCraft Anthology is free now isn't it?
06/29/2017 07:16 PMPosted by DarkLord

StarCraft Anthology is free now isn't it?

You are right. I forgot about that one. The fact that it requires StarCraft Anthology makes me think it is a patch on top of the original game. If it was a standalone install, why would it require the original?

StarCraft Anthology is free. All you need to do is download it.

You'll need to install the free version before upgrading with the remastered version. And it will use the BattleNet desktop app.
06/29/2017 07:23 PMPosted by HyperTurtle

You'll need to install the free version before upgrading with the remastered version. And it will use the BattleNet desktop app.

When you say BattleNet desktop app do you mean the newly renamed Blizzard client? If so, why wouldn't this install like every other game in the Blizzard App using a one click install?
Anyone know if there will be a physical copy?
06/29/2017 07:36 PMPosted by DarkLord
Anyone know if there will be a physical copy?

Doesn't sound like it. There has been no mention of a physical copy and none of the retailers have a pre-orders up. I believe this is considered a digital upgrade to the original Starcraft.

[Correction] According to a few sites there will be a physical copy, but only in Korea.

https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/2261/starcraft-remastered-to-have-a-physical-deluxe-edition-and-an-early-netcafe-release-in-south-korea

Hopefully some of those physical items will be available through the Blizzars Gear store later. It'd be kind of heartbreaking otherwise.
Unfortunately, even as a massive StarCraft fan, I won't be buying this until I see solid evidence that the single player/story mode campaigns have been unaltered. After the retcons of StarCraft 2, I swore no more money on StarCraft products. I'll watch a "Let's Play" on Youtube first, to confirm that my beloved original StarCraft and Brood War story is still the same, including ALL the characters' dialogue throughout.
Can we pre-purchase this and gift it? My dad loves playing original Starcraft (only TvT against the computer.... grumble) so I want to surprise him by getting him this and changing the link from the desktop icon from the old game to the remastered one.
Nice Blizzard, really excited about this.
I would also be interested in a boxed copy of the game. If I preorder the digital version I will need to buy the boxed one after.....but will probably do that.
En taro Adun.
Is there going to be a Collector's Edition for this?