Censorship fail

General Discussion
http://i.imgur.com/CyWIcLK.png
Does it work if you use a lobby name that is appropriate? That's what really matters.
same thing happened with "lurker defense xyz" for me
I hate that stuff. I wish they would not filter chat at all, stupid PC weenies.
We've raised this issue here several times - the filters are ridiculously sensitive, and block out even totally clean names and words in chat.

They've said they recognize the filter is over-the-top and that they plan to tweak it, but we've received no report that I can find or update on how or when that will occur.

Any private channel should have NO filter; all filters should be toggleable in general, and the public channel/game/user name filters should be NO more strict than the language used in the single player campaign, which is PG-13 at best.

Whether ANY of that will come to pass, or we'll be stuck with G-rated censorship of a military science fiction war game full of atrocities played on a 20-year-old platform that has survived for decades with FAR worse than any filter can imagine, who knows... they certainly haven't felt like updating us in the last few months on this, which is unfortunate, because it's just silly.
censorship for nonexistent crowd is stupid.
"what about the kids"
this game is old enough to drink
it is rated T, you hear worse at 5th grade
Here's another one: http://i.imgur.com/BTi6V0B.png
Remember when we could say anything without censorship in chat or name game lobbies with whatever the !@#$ we wanted? I remember...
07/07/2017 08:02 AMPosted by Zoey2070
same thing happened with "lurker defense xyz" for me

LOOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOL
07/07/2017 07:32 PMPosted by jayushigan
censorship for nonexistent crowd is stupid.
"what about the kids"
this game is old enough to drink
it is rated T, you hear worse at 5th grade

yeh what about the kids? The last thing we want to do is scare off kids in a sci-fi dark military warfare game

it's not like brood war already has blood, gore, in-game swearin in dialogue, religious and political under-tones and depictions of humans bein mutated and infested by the zerg, :^^^^
I have to wonder why, when pretty much every online game has a disclaimer of "Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB"
In an unfortunate defeat for Blizzard, they have no method to censor picture maps. You can't type kitty, but you can look at a kitty.
I think the censorship is also stupid. Most of the world can swear all the time without any censoring of "bad words". I really only know of the US (and Canada?) that are so afraid of them that they have to be censored and beeped out. Like wtf, sure maybe the teenage kids in countries were bad words are not censored swear a bit more, but seriously after one or two years every one of them stops and learns that you look and behave like a douche if you incorporate too many swearing into your vocabulary. They learn the social interaction with bad words much better than american kids.

Especially sometimes it is even fine to swear.. "FUUUUU-.CK" when something doesn't pan out the way you intended.
07/19/2017 01:01 AMPosted by chrisolo
I think the censorship is also stupid. Most of the world can swear all the time without any censoring of "bad words". I really only know of the US (and Canada?) that are so afraid of them that they have to be censored and beeped out. Like wtf, sure maybe the teenage kids in countries were bad words are not censored swear a bit more, but seriously after one or two years every one of them stops and learns that you look and behave like a douche if you incorporate too many swearing into your vocabulary. They learn the social interaction with bad words much better than american kids.

Especially sometimes it is even fine to swear.. "FUUUUU-.CK" when something doesn't pan out the way you intended.

The way I see it is that it's all in the intent behind the swear, like some ppl swear more aggressively, some more jokingly and so on, but at the same time it also depends how different ppl react to those things, some don't care either way and some fret about every little thing.
How about this. We implement a checkbox in the settings to replace foul language with asterisks. Solves all problems.

Although really, who cares about harsh words. Whatever happened to sticks and stones?
Blizzard just hates the word "cat"
Remember when the game was rated M for Mature before PC cancer in America spread?
Remember when the Marine said, "...chicken !@#$ outfit..."?
And don't tell me that they lowered to T rating to bring more people in
Mothers and Fathers take their kids to see R rated movies all the time, not to mention !@#$ is just a google away and parents really don't know how nor care to set filters.
07/19/2017 10:01 PMPosted by Pause
Remember when the game was rated M

Huh. Learn something new about the game every single day.
The industry as a whole is going through a very organized form of ideological nepotism. Writers, Localizers, translators, and a few entire companies are forcing their detested views down the throats of us regardless of what the playing audience thinks.

Have you seen the progression of game Mass Effect or Dragon Age? They're a clear example of the kind of useful idiots who are using their jobs to spite whoever doesn't agree with their self destructive agenda. The ESRB doesn't have a problem with it, it's the ones who have used diversity quotas and nepotism to reach their power tripping positions.

http://i.imgur.com/dUoyK8l.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/XvlDL