Question about Warcraft 1/2

General Discussion
If blizzard was the remaster warcraft,
would they only remaster warcraft 2 without doing warcraft 1?
would both warcraft 1/2 be remastered together?
Literally nobody here can answer you
I would like if Warcraft 1 was remade by Blizzard in the Starcraft 2 Engine as a more casual RTS, so my friends could play it.
It's extremely likely that anyone working at Blizzard that could answer this question would be contractually obligated not to respond. The best we can do is speculate.

The early Warcraft games aren't nearly as well loved, so it's unlikely they'll be remastered anytime soon (if at all). It would still be nice to see them released under the classic game clients section of Battle.net with DOSbox.
im more interested in warcraft 3 ROC / TFT. Fun days.
It's a long story, but here it goes:

Warcraft II received a remake back in 1999 called Battle.net Edition. They ditched plans to include new campaigns and limited gameplay changes to saving control groups and selecting multiple of the same unit. Beyond that it was Internet gameplay, compatibility updates, and a big pile of new multiplayer maps.

Three Blizzcons ago, they confirmed that they had a "side project" where they were working on updating Warcraft 1 and 2. At last year's Blizzcon, they said they found all the code they needed for WC1 but it was too much work and not enough fun to see it through(they didn't mention WC2 in that panel). Now keep in mind, this was not the Classic Games Team. This was people working on other projects and fooling around with updating the game in their spare time.

Right now the Classic Games Team has become a permanent group at Blizzard. Beyond SC1, they are about to open a PTR for players to try out some gameplay updates and quality of life changes for Warcraft 3. And they have been hiring additional developers specifically for Diablo 2. Right now SC1, D2, and WC3 are the game they are focusing on and with each one they plan to continue to support them for some time.

That doesn't answer the question, but it does provide the context for any theories you might want to put forth. Basically, there are only 10 legacy Blizzard games beyond SC1, D2, and WC3. Out of those, Justice League Task Force and The Death and Return of Superman are basically untouchable now that Warner Bros has their own game studio and Rock 'n' Roll Racing would need the majority of its licensed music replaced. So the odds are that once the current games are in a good spot, attention will turn to WC1, WC2, and D1. But it will be some time before we see if they decide to update them, remaster them, remake them completely, or just leave them be.
Personally I am only interested in a Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne remaster......the first 2 games didn't do it for me.

Omg and D2 remaster would be amazing xD
I think this guy is miles from the right forum.
07/04/2017 05:38 PMPosted by PheoNIX

Well I assume it's good for the Blizz team to gauge interest but I doubt it'll change too much unless people came out in droves (and obviously they would have to do one game at a time and finish sc1 first.)
Warcraft: Orcs & Humans (+more than 1v1 multiplayer).
Warcraft II
Diablo
Diablo II

Blackthorne
Lost Vikings
Lost Vikings 2

~there you have it!
Updating the graphics and boosting a few things like being able to select more than 4 or 9 units doesn't change the fact that the actual gameplay of these two games doesn't stand up well today.In War 1 daemons were ridiculously overpowered.It's got outdated mechanics like needing to build buildings next to roads.In War2 every game was mirror Orc v Orc because bloodlust was so much better than Heal.

Personally I would only ever want to see the campaigns for those games recreated in the future in a Warcraft 4 RTS game.Maybe as some kind of purchasable content by Blizzard.
07/04/2017 05:38 PMPosted by PheoNIX

The right forum is kind of off the beaten path. But for the record, here it is:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/12790218/
Warcraft: Orcs & Humans (+more than 1v1 multiplayer).
Warcraft II
Diablo
Diablo II

Blackthorne
Lost Vikings
Lost Vikings 2

~there you have it!

You forgot Rock n' Roll Racing and the crappy Marvel games
Warcraft 1 isn't fun by the today's standarts.
Starcraft 1 by the other side is fun and it has an ok gameplay for today's standarts.

think about the blizzard future remasters to be done into games where new generation are going to play those games if a remaster is done (for warcraft 1 and 2 the better would be a remake and not a remaster)
Since Blizzard will probably never do a WC4, it would be great to see remakes of WC1 and WC2. WC2 came out in Dec 95 and is the game that put Blizzard on the RTS map. Without the popularity of WC2, we may never have seen SC1.
If Warcraft 1 and 2 are going to be touched I would rather it be through a total remake rather than simply remastered graphics. Perhaps this could be achieved via additional campaigns to a Warcraft 3 remaster
If they did do WC1 and WC2 remastered, I'd like to see it as a duel game bundle. It would be cool to play through both on the same client and then be able to play people online in either game.

Honestly, WC2 is a very good game all around if they just maybe buffed the humans slightly to offset Orc's Bloodlust spell.

Other than that, the only other game I'd like to see remastered is Diablo 2. I don't really need Diablo 1 remastered as the game was very straight forward and simple.
07/04/2017 01:08 PMPosted by Alexgaby
I would like if Warcraft 1 was remade by Blizzard in the Starcraft 2 Engine as a more casual RTS, so my friends could play it.

Warcraft I and 2 wouldn't work in the StarCraft II engine.
07/05/2017 04:58 PMPosted by TerranicII
07/04/2017 01:08 PMPosted by Alexgaby

Warcraft I and 2 wouldn't work in the StarCraft II engine.

Actually there is already a WC2 arcade map that is basically a remake of WC2. It plays pretty well and it is really a cool map all around. As a WC2 fan I love the map.

I will say that ranged units are vastly OP on the map though due to them being able to stack behind one another like mutalisks in SC.