Artanis modelring is hmm...

General Discussion
artanis is kal`a.....
His BW model always had the severed appendages. I like that they're sticking to this detail, even if it seems odd at first.
This one really is odd to me. I'd have been fine with either BW or SC2 Artanis, but we got something that resembles neither.
It's hilarious because this is one of the few things they should have changed on this remastered version.

The original Artanis' portrait had severed nervecords by error. He is indeed a Khalai and must have long nervecords.

So, (contrary of what you usually read on this forums): change the original

Give Artanis his long time lost nervecords
Yeah, it's so ironic how they changed so many things they had no good reason to while keeping the ONE THING they should have changed because it was clearly an error in the original design.
They kept his cut cords but made him look like a completely different person, good s***!

http://imgur.com/a/T3BYT
08/02/2017 11:31 AMPosted by StratosTygo
They kept his cut cords but made him look like a completely different person, good s***!

http://imgur.com/a/T3BYT

Honestly, the thing that really makes him look odd is his big head plate. Remove that and he'd be a fairly faithful update. He was always the most generic looking protoss ever.
If they corrected the nerve chords they'd have to correct his outfit too and then that would open up all the other design choices in the game that came down to lack of communication between teams. I actually prefer them leaving those details to other Blizzard media.
08/02/2017 12:02 PMPosted by HyperTurtle
If they corrected the nerve chords they'd have to correct his outfit too and then that would open up all the other design choices in the game that came down to lack of communication between teams. I actually prefer them leaving those details to other Blizzard media.

Why his outfit? Just his nervecords
Because khalai warriors walk around in armor not robes.
I thought there was something wrong with his "hair."

I just played Legacy of the Void, and he did have his nerve cords in the first half of the game, so I was convinced it was a retcon, but no, I guess it was an error of the original game. I'm pretty sure it translated over to the cutscene "Fury of the Xel'Naga" in Brood War Ep IV also. Oops.
I would never recognized this new Artanis... thumb down Blizzard...

And what with Aldaris BTW ?!
08/03/2017 01:34 PMPosted by Achaean
Because khalai warriors walk around in armor not robes.

True.