I miss the old Hydralisk

General Discussion
I miss the old hydralisk design, it kinda makes me a little sad tbh. I always loved the original Zerg victory screen Hydralisk, it's such an iconic SC1 image, and it's a style that you don't really see anywhere else anymore. Does anyone else agree? :(
The new design is supposed to match the game model a bit more closely,but I understand where you're coming from.
08/07/2017 09:04 PMPosted by MusicNote
The new design is supposed to match the game model a bit more closely,but I understand where you're coming from.

Thanks man. I get the pragmatic purpose, but it's just something I've always loved, ever since I was a kid.
I wonder if they're going to change the hydra in the cinematics..
08/07/2017 11:22 PMPosted by Smitherino
I wonder if they're going to change the hydra in the cinematics..

They won't be changing the cinematics. Just upscaling them to HD
08/08/2017 03:58 AMPosted by Fefnir

Really?.. With extremely low poly graphics that certainly did not age very well, wouldn't it be even more apparent with the cinematics merely being upscaled?
Just saying, have nothing against cinematics themselves, they scared the hell out of me when I was a kid X)
08/08/2017 04:05 AMPosted by EgoJisto
08/08/2017 03:58 AMPosted by Fefnir

Really?.. With extremely low poly graphics that certainly did not age very well, wouldn't it be even more apparent with the cinematics merely being upscaled?
Just saying, have nothing against cinematics themselves, they scared the hell out of me when I was a kid X)

Try watching the cinematics in windowed mode. They quality improves a lot, but at the same time you really see how aged it is.

I hope they upscale and then fix the minor issues that become clear with the better quality.
I feel beyond just increasing the quality, they'd likely have to possibly redo the cinematics beyond anything more than that.

The cinematics were only rendered for at most 1024x768, not 4K resolution. You CAN upscale it, but again, that only increases their quality, any other problems, like wierd low-poly stuff, wouldn't be fixable witohut either finding the original files for said cutscenes which they don't have most likely, or just doing it over again.

Personally, I'd prefer the wierd, low-poly stuff to stay in though. Including the wierdly plastic-y faces and awkward movements.

Only thing I will say though, is if the KErrigan model and portrait isn't !@#$nig scary and intimidating, also greenish and really CREEPY, I will probly seek a refund if possible, or just refuse to buy another Blizzard product.

I really despise how not-scary they made her in the SC2 campaign. COMPLETELY ruined her image for me. Not even vaguely worthy of the title Queen of Blades.
I am in favor of improving the definition and resolution of the cinematic, but nothing more. The design should not change.
The Sc1 cinematics used very good camera plans, played with lights and shadows, and transmitted a lot with a "dirty" and dark characters desings. Changing this would be like transforming Alien into Avatar.
08/08/2017 05:59 AMPosted by Minuro
I am in favor of improving the definition and resolution of the cinematic, but nothing more. The design should not change.
The Sc1 cinematics used very good camera plans, played with lights and shadows, and transmitted a lot with a "dirty" and dark characters desings. Changing this would be like transforming Alien into Avatar.

Prometheus? Flies away