Resolution Settings?

General Discussion
My monitor is 1080p, not "4k". StarCraft Remastered content on YouTube looks so much better than my game. There aren't many settings options. Why is this?

My point is that I know I don't have 4k, but why are there effects and details (like on units and structures) that I don't get even though they're not all that complicated. There should be settings for better resolution, more detail and effects.
Looking for this too! Did someone notice how pre-order buildings are more visually detailed than regular (HD) buildings? Everything looks pixelated next to pre-order buildings.
Actually, games still runs in 640x480 resolution just with new textures. Im sorry, but without hard modding there is no way to rise resolution.
08/16/2017 06:46 PMPosted by nanoswimz
Actually, games still runs in 640x480 resolution just with new textures. Im sorry, but without hard modding there is no way to rise resolution.

No, it doesn't. Resolution is not the same thing as zoom level.
08/16/2017 06:58 PMPosted by Tiranasta
08/16/2017 06:46 PMPosted by nanoswimz

Zoom is a part of resolution, check any other game. Sc remaster still runs in 640x480 and there is no way to change it. We need a modder to fix that.
08/16/2017 07:00 PMPosted by nanoswimz
08/16/2017 06:58 PMPosted by Tiranasta

Zoom is a part of resolution, check any other game. Sc remaster still runs in 640x480 and there is no way to change it. We need a modder to fix that.

I really don't think you understand what's going on.....
08/16/2017 07:00 PMPosted by nanoswimz
Zoom is a part of resolution, check any other game.

Take your own advice. For the vast majority of games from the late 90s onwards (including every 3D game Blizzard's ever made), resolution has no effect at all on zoom (aspect ratio generally affects the FOV, but that's the extent of it).