On CCMU

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Howdy Friends,

We're days away from release, but we know Cannot Create More Units is a topic of great importance to the community.

There are massive implications for the engine and gameplay with this change. We haven't ruled it out, but we also haven't had time to land on the correct solution; "Don't break StarCraft."

We will delve deeper into the problem after release. See you soon.

Cheers,
Classic Games
Hello. Yes please fix that. It was one of the most hated things for me as a younger player of StarCraft. Couldn't lay Spider mines, Interceptors from Carriers broke the game in a 4v4. Larva stopped spawning. Etc. I'm sure you are well aware.

Since you've identified this problem already, I'm ecstatic to see what you can do.

Keep up the great work, seriously. Love everything. I'm a StarCraft veteran 1v1 Player and I can say that everything you've done to vanilla is just great. Keep it up. Blizzard is doing great things for their community.
08/10/2017 09:38 AMPosted by Pete Stilwell
Howdy Friends,

We're days away from release, but we know Cannot Create More Units is a topic of great importance to the community.

There are massive implications for the engine and gameplay with this change. We haven't ruled it out, but we also haven't had time to land on the correct solution; "Don't break StarCraft."

Cheers,
Classic Games

Do you know the time the game is releasing? Is it 9 AM PST or 12 AM?
Appreciate the update. Hope you arrive at a good solution because it is a problem that needs to be fixed.
08/10/2017 09:52 AMPosted by SepZ

I too would like to know this - I want to stay up to 00:01 to play it, but if it is released on a different time schedule then it would be troublesome to do
Howdy Friends,

Cheers,
Classic Games

we actualy recieved an answer !!

Thanks dad !!! bring back the TIMER in obs mode also !!! & add production bar.

I cant wait for our beautifull relationship after release. cheers.
Howdy Friends,

Cheers,
Classic Games

I love it. I'm happy there's finally an official answer and I'm happy that those who have been arguing for a change to this have some form of reassurance that they're not being ignored. Right before the release, too. Talk about an 11th hour response.
A user was already able to completely remove all unit and image limits in 1.16.1 and sacrificed very little vanilla functionality, if any at all, to my knowledge. The most limiting factors were SC's engine scaling. Though the code they used is not optimized, I would appreciate blizz taking a look at it if they're not already aware, as it could save them some time if SC:R's engine isn't drastically different than 1.16.1's.

http://www.staredit.net/topic/16823/
Thanks Pete. Keep up the good work and please do fix it.
Thank you for the post, wish it came sooner because this forum was going insane past 2 weeks. I just hope for the people who do deeply care about this that Blizzard doesn't treat it the same way they've been treating "Appear Offline" that never happened.
Hey Pete,

Thanks for responding on this issue.

A related issue is the sprite limit, however. I'm talking about cannons, dragoons, valkyries etc. failing to attack when there is too much going on. Your team has said in the past that this glaring problem would definitely be fixed for Remastered, but it is still present in all current builds of the game (including the closed beta).

While upping the CCMU limit would be fantastic, especially for the UMS community, I see it as a luxury. The sprite limit, however, affects gameplay and really has no business sticking around with today's hardware capabilities.

PS - removing or upping the string limit would also be a huge boon for UMS
How bout you stay on topic instead of hijacking a thread? There are countless threads already asking this that the devs have already seen and chosen to not respond to. Are you new here? They will anounce it the same way they always have for all their games... in an announcement.
08/10/2017 10:57 AMPosted by DeAdLiNe
Let me translate - "Don't get your hopes up". Blizzard also said there will be pvp battlegrounds in D3 after release, but there is no such thing.
They also came back publically later on and said that they changed their minds due to the logisitics involved. The same thing admitted here. Thats all we can ask for.
08/10/2017 11:04 AMPosted by GayVulture
I just hope for the people who do deeply care about this that Blizzard doesn't treat it the same way they've been treating "Appear Offline" that never happened.
Same thing. They didnt blow it off. They came back and said that it was being deprioritized due to the logisitics involved.

Its within their right to change their minds. Added to the fact that they did update us on all these, so far they have been very forthright.
in StrarCraft you can get max 200/200 unit so don't change that !

if you are in early game you need more pylon or overlord or supply depo to make more unit so don't change that !

you said its only graphic and some extra like matchmaking and you dont change other stuff so dont change !
08/10/2017 11:35 AMPosted by Diablo
in StrarCraft you can get max 200/200 unit so don't change that !

if you are in early game you need more pylon or overlord or supply depo to make more unit so don't change that !

you said its only graphic and some extra like matchmaking and you dont change other stuff so dont change !

You have no idea what we talking about do you? Here you go, take a look:

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starcraft/images/3/37/MapMax_SC1_Game1.png/revision/latest?cb=20080529104234
I don't really plan on playing money maps anyway. Still, I'm curious about what possible solutions are being looked into.
Howdy Friends,

Cheers,
Classic Games

Pls give us the release time
As long as it's on the list of things to fix, I'm happy. Thanks for the update Pete.
Will the sprite issue that prevent units like Valkyries from shooting be looked at after release too?
where is the first person view in replays? and timer in obs mode?