Any Custom Maps for BW Units in OG Campaign?

General Discussion
This has always been in the back of my mind ever since I first played Brood War in 2004, but I'm just curious if there are any custom campaigns that allow the use of Brood War units in the original campaign in a reasonable progression. Like adding Medics in Desperate Alliance, maybe Valkyries in The Big Push, Defilers in Agent of the Swarm, etc.

If it's not available, no need to tell me about Mass Recall. I play it on occasion.
You can find copies of the original campaigns online and run them as Custom maps under Brood War, which will allow Medics, Lurkers, Corsairs, etc. You can also extract the maps yourself from StarDat.MPQ and run them that way (tons of tutorials online).
Yeah, but keep in mind that it's going to make the campaigns far easier, and they're already easy as it is.
08/22/2017 08:30 AMPosted by Computer
Yeah, but keep in mind that it's going to make the campaigns far easier, and they're already easy as it is.

True. I've been replaying the SC1 campaigns for the first time since I was a kid in the 90's/early 2000's (where I just used cheats) and I'm finding them pretty easy as long as you mass the proper units. Having said that, I know that in Mass Recall they did tone down the Medics they allowed in Rebel Yell. It might be a fun project to go in and add some Brood War elements to the original SC1 campaigns but in a restricted way so that they're not insanely OP or lore breaking (i.e., disallow Protoss from building Dark Templar until Zeratul joins the player, maybe).
08/22/2017 08:34 AMPosted by ThePizzaGuy
but in a restricted way so that they're not insanely OP or lore breaking (i.e., disallow Protoss from building Dark Templar until Zeratul joins the player, maybe).

Tis why I said "In a reasonable progression." I've never used StarEdit, but surely there's a way to restrict what can be constructed or trained or researched?
08/22/2017 08:20 AMPosted by ThePizzaGuy
You can find copies of the original campaigns online and run them as Custom maps under Brood War, which will allow Medics, Lurkers, Corsairs, etc. You can also extract the maps yourself from StarDat.MPQ and run them that way (tons of tutorials online).
Will it though? As campaign missions, they will need to run under UMS. Under UMS they will run all the triggers, including the custom scripts for each mission that were specifically written for each specific mission to govern the unfolding of the original campaign, thus wont have instructions to build any of the BW units.

If you mean running it under Melee, then all the triggers will be ignored meaning all the story will be removed and essentially be reduced to playing a regular vs AI on a map from the campaign.

In order to actually play original missions with nothing changed at all except the use of the BW units, all the original scripts would need to be replaced with fan made scripts, if they exist.
Look out those 2 links, there are a variety of campaign versions including coop:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/starcraft-coop-campaign/addons
http://www.moddb.com/mods/starcraft-coop-campaign/downloads