The Big Game Hunters map

General Discussion
Where do i download "The Big Game Hunters" map for the remastered version ? :D
You can use the old one. But the easiest is just to join a game on battle.net and it downloads to your Download folder.
thanks a lot, yup, it sounds so easy, dunno why i haven`t thought about it, thanks :D
08/22/2017 03:19 AMPosted by poGDI
You can use the old one. But the easiest is just to join a game on battle.net and it downloads to your Download folder.

Just use the official one located in folder "Broodwar\Webmaps\".
08/22/2017 05:33 AMPosted by Airball
08/22/2017 03:19 AMPosted by poGDI

Also true! But the newer once have changes in the mineral patches and so on to work better. :)
08/22/2017 05:48 AMPosted by poGDI

Also true! But the newer once have changes in the mineral patches and so on to work better. :)

That makes it feel like you are playing a strange hybrid between BGH and fastest map possible. I personally hate having my downloads folder clogged with so many duplicates and tweaked versions of a map. Also, lots of players will not join your game when they see that the map is altered and they don't know what the changes are. Better to just use the official version.
Where do I download the Starcraft Remastered that I bought. The whole process is terrible!
08/22/2017 05:56 AMPosted by Airball
08/22/2017 05:48 AMPosted by poGDI

That makes it feel like you are playing a strange hybrid between BGH and fastest map possible.

That's what BGH is regardless. It's a turtling map. Even the standard version, you can sit in your base for almost an hour.
09/01/2018 06:00 PMPosted by Juggernaut
Where do I download the Starcraft Remastered that I bought. The whole process is terrible!
Have you installed the blizzard launcher? This is all pretty straightforward stuff.

09/01/2018 10:16 PMPosted by InkedChemist
Have you installed the blizzard launcher? This is all pretty straightforward stuff.

Exactly, and once you've installed and launched it, just press F5 ingame and it will switch to the Remastered graphics. Alternatively go to the game settings and enable the HD version.

Thanks! Now it brings me memories from 15 years ago!
I have memories of this map, too. Sadly, in hindsight, I think it is one of the elements that majorly ruined StarCraft on B.Net. :/
I still play this map vs. AIs on occasion for some simple old-fashioned violent fun. Not because I don't know how to expand but at least the AI players don't just exhaust their resources through mismanagement and expansion raids by the opponents, and can actually put up a good fight for much longer than on maps with standard resource placement. For some extra craziness points I usually play Protoss and steal SCVs and drones from enemies to build up everything available. :)

I may've had too much time on my hands until recently... :)