This is most def. not remastered.

General Discussion
I don't like sc2's graphic
09/01/2017 09:27 AMPosted by str33tph4rm
Higher Resolution and the ability to play on a lot of new rigs, I was expecting SC2 graphics.. what a rip-off. I feel sorry for anybody who paid for this, I already own SC1 why would you waste your money on this garbage?

Blizzard, you wanna do something right? Make a new Warcraft RTS.

I like the remasters graphics. I'm still disappointment with the remaster, but it's still good.
I have the sensation that the remaster could have been better done than it already is and that it's not at the same level of potential that Blizzard used to be long ago. Anyone who agrees with this?
I love the remaster, even though I dislike some of the Zergs death animations. Patch 1.22. will be great.
There is a reason it's called a remastered. What you wanted is a remake. If you want a remake of SC1 with SC2 graphics you can use the Mass Recall Mod for SC2.

https://www.sc2mapster.com/projects/starcraft-mass-recall
Download the maps and mods from there(too heavy for Battle.Net)

There's also this project:
https://www.sc2mapster.com/projects/starcraft-reawakening
I don't know how good it is, but I have played the mass recall one and it was very good.

For multiplayer there used to be a bunch of modded maps. StarBow was the name.
07/17/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Josue
There is a reason it's called a remastered. What you wanted is a remake. If you want a remake of SC1 with SC2 graphics you can use the Mass Recall Mod for SC2.

https://www.sc2mapster.com/projects/starcraft-mass-recall
Download the maps and mods from there(too heavy for Battle.Net)

There's also this project:
https://www.sc2mapster.com/projects/starcraft-reawakening
I don't know how good it is, but I have played the mass recall one and it was very good.

For multiplayer there used to be a bunch of modded maps. StarBow was the name.

Fair warning.

Just about every Brood War mod for StarCraft II requires you to rework several units and abilities for accuracy.

Mass Recall in particular has a bug where explosive splash damage units such as Siege Tanks can only hit targets of a single armor type at a time. They use a switch that only calls one of the three damage effects based on the target's armor type; where it should actually use all three damage effects with impact and search validators.

You have to change the mod yourself to fix this:
-Replace the attack effect with a set containing all three damage effects.
-Remove the normal validators and set the "search" validator and "impact validator for all 3 attacks instead.
-Technically, you need extra validators to catch the with light with/without shields and explosive with/without cases for all Protoss units, since explosive and concussive damage always inflicted full damage to Protoss units and structures that had at least 1 point of shields.

-You should reduce the size of many units because the Brood War units were smaller than SC2 units. Tanks only took up one square for example.

- You should increase all ranges by a factor of about 1.2071 to compensate for the fact that ranged units used a square search in Brood War opposed to the radial search of Warcraft 3 and Starcraft II.

etc........

07/17/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Josue

[/quote]

Fair warning.

Just about every Brood War mod for StarCraft II requires you to rework several units and abilities for accuracy.

Mass Recall in particular has a bug...

You have to change the mod yourself to fix this:
-Replace the attack effect with a set containing all three damage effects.
-Remove the normal validators and set the "search" validator and "impact validator for all 3 attacks instead.
-Technically, you need extra validators to catch the with light with/without shields and explosive with/without cases for all Protoss units, since explosive and concussive damage always inflicted full damage to Protoss units and structures that had at least 1 point of shields.

-You should reduce the size of many units because the Brood War units were smaller than SC2 units. Tanks only took up one square for example.

- You should increase all ranges by a factor of about 1.2071 to compensate for the fact that ranged units used a square search in Brood War opposed to the radial search of Warcraft 3 and Starcraft II.

etc........

Dude... Mass Recall is a remake, not a remastered. if you want that level of detail, it's best to play SC Remastered. If you want SC2 graphics and engine with SC1 gameplay you go for the Mass Recall SC2 Mod. Now, the mod is being largely improved, so your warnings may be outdated. IMHO It's still fun to play any of those.