StarCraft 3?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
09/15/2017 07:24 PMPosted by StratosTygo
09/14/2017 04:24 PMPosted by Theroux
WoW was still War4 no matter how many times you keep pretending it isn't. War4 is never happening.

wow was not War4 under any circumstance its like saying Star Wars Battlefront was essentially Star Wars Force Commander 3.

sequels kind of have to be in the same genre to be a SEQUEL

well.........the entirety of the lore started in Warcraft was ended in WoW. To say that WoW wrote an epilogue is an understatement. The entire universe has changed to accommodate the MMO.
09/12/2017 04:20 PMPosted by Cam
I don't want to unneccessarily disappoint anyone, but it seems that this Blizzcon dosen't have much SC related stuff, with the absence of a starcraft-dedicated character on the Key art (there is Probius, but he is from Heroes of the Storm) which begs the question.....

Do you guys think there will eventually be a third Starcraft? If so, what do you think of it?
11/18/2017 09:19 PMPosted by Mantou
09/15/2017 07:24 PMPosted by StratosTygo

wow was not War4 under any circumstance its like saying Star Wars Battlefront was essentially Star Wars Force Commander 3.

sequels kind of have to be in the same genre to be a SEQUEL

well.........the entirety of the lore started in Warcraft was ended in WoW. To say that WoW wrote an epilogue is an understatement. The entire universe has changed to accommodate the MMO.
I would like starcraft 3 to be more focused on the community rather than what the Korean players want (I.e less micromanagement and more huge battles without a billion spells on the screen).
09/12/2017 04:28 PMPosted by Danicela
If there is a SC3, it won't be after many years.

War4 or another RTS type is expected before.

Personaly, I would want a new mission pack such as Nova, for more soon horizon.

this
11/20/2017 12:39 PMPosted by PheoNIX
I would like starcraft 3 to be more focused on the community rather than what the Korean players want (I.e less micromanagement and more huge battles without a billion spells on the screen).

'WE' never wanted that.
We actually quite hate it.
09/16/2017 12:27 PMPosted by EoTRampage
sc2 failed nobody wants sc3

Y so many posts then hmm
In my opinion there should be another starcraft that has nothing to do with raynor zeratul or kerrigan. i would like too see a starcraft game based ONE on race like how they did with the expansions in starcraft two such as heart of the swarm because it could make room for more games about different races and what happened to them due to the events in the prior game.
If they made a third Starcraft I would like it to be about the UED. That way it can be about them returning to the sector or them conquering another sector somewhere entirely different. I think there are lots of possibilities with them
blizzard have alreay confirmed starcraft 2 to be the last, end of story.
01/08/2018 04:31 PMPosted by andreasasp
blizzard have alreay confirmed starcraft 2 to be the last, end of story.

Until the corporate greed kicks in.
they never ruled out starcraft 2 but they have ruled out starcraft 3. there is always room for creating a brand new property. warcraft 4 have been hinted a however.
09/12/2017 04:28 PMPosted by Danicela
If there is a SC3, it won't be after many years.

War4 or another RTS type is expected before.

Personaly, I would want a new mission pack such as Nova, for more soon horizon.

I'd give my soul for Warcraft 4.

That said, I think Blizzard segregated warcraft into wow and left starcraft as the only RTS... Makes me sad.

Hopefully someday they come to their sense and write a story that fits Wc4 that can co-exist WoW and create more lore to be used in future wow expansions.

If they decide to make Starcraft their only RTS franchise, i dont think theyd change the gameplay to make it wc3-esque ;/
I'm a die hard StarCraft fan but I would not like to see StarCraft 3 now. I want WarCraft 4 with the same gamestyle as WarCraft 3.
I'd like a third Starcraft game to be tabula rasa, at least in terms of the terrans. Sure, keep Artanis as the hierarch of the Daelaam, but let the story take place decades, even centuries after the first games (Considering Protoss lifespan can be 1000 years, and Artanis is considered young). An all new Terran crew, with Valerian's child/grandchild/great-grandchild as emperor. Bonus points if they keep it a secret that Artanis is still alive, so that it's a bit of a surprise for the OG gamers when the new main characters (In a hypothetic situation) is brought before the Twilight Council, and guess who leads it?
01/10/2018 12:01 AMPosted by poGDI
I want WarCraft 4 with the same gamestyle as WarCraft 3.

You want a reboot? Not talking about the story here.
I sure hope it'll be more than just another Warcraft III.
I want a Starcraft FPS with a campaign for terran/protoss. Maybe zerg to but seeing as they are a hive mind its harder to fit into a first person story but you could obviously control a individual ling or something and make it similar to the old avp games. Multiplayer could be like a mix of alien versus predator 2, natural selection and left for death. Modes should be the normal TDM, DM, CTF and a coop mode where you have to defend a base for X amount of minutes or get to an evac point, these mode should also be possible to play against players just like l4d.

Story doesn't need to be new, you can just be a terran hold out on Mar Sara when its being overrun, a crew member on Edmund Dukes ship when its been downed or other things that have all ready happened in the lore. Nothing fancy or or colorful, i want it dark and gritty just like sc:bw.

Just keep loot crates, unlocks that take hundred of hours to unlock, microtransactions and all the other cancer that has infested games lately out of it. Every one should be on the same level gear wise regardless if they played 30 hours or 3000 hours.

PC only
01/11/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Qronot
want a Starcraft FPS with a campaign for terran/protoss.

Could work, something like: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_versus_Predator_2
But, I still think they shouldn't leave out StarCraft: Ghost.
If I could have my way with StarCraft 3, two things I would ad would be water bases units for all three factions, and for the first time in StarCraft history, the war comes to Earth.