About Scouts, Balance, and Maps

General Discussion
The biggest thing holding starcraft back in general, is that terran is designed around having less units, but the units being more efficient

While at the same time CLEARLY, to anyone who isn't blatantly deluded, has the slowest expansions and economy, in both games... and on top, the units aren't nearly as efficient as they need to be to make up for that, if anything toss and zerg have stupid amounts of auto-win AOE abilities and difficult to deal with compositions, so terran is behind on both fronts, with some potential of making their units more efficient than the enemy's and winning (AKA only marine medic vs only lings as an example).
01/18/2019 11:13 AMPosted by Tyvalir
The biggest thing holding starcraft back in general, is that terran is designed around having less units, but the units being more efficient

While at the same time CLEARLY, to anyone who isn't blatantly deluded, has the slowest expansions and economy, in both games... and on top, the units aren't nearly as efficient as they need to be to make up for that, if anything toss and zerg have stupid amounts of auto-win AOE abilities and difficult to deal with compositions, so terran is behind on both fronts, with some potential of making their units more efficient than the enemy's and winning (AKA only marine medic vs only lings as an example).

You have no idea what you are talking about and your post history is literally you just saying how dead this game is repeatedly.

Why don’t you just go away? You bring nothing to the table.
You are wrong about the Queen being useless. Rather, it is the lynchpin decisive factor in Zerg versus Terran engagements. This realisation was gained from experience playing against Terran staple Builds and attacks against me as a Zerg player, with an initial M&M's Bioball, and then accompanying it with the defensive power of Siege Tanks, to besiege and contain the Zerg from expanding. At this point the Zerg can't do very much, and the game is pretty much lost. Fact is, when playing against good Terran players, the Zerg player often has a very hard time dealing with Terran pressure.

Through acute analysis, I realised the Queen will aid greatly against the standard Terran Build, in fact it is the perfect counter. Almost as if to suggest so, the default spell for the Queen is the Infest Command Centre. I started including Queens in my Build with great effect, one instance and example I can give, is how I rushed straight to Lurkers and Queens, knowing how fast some Terran players are able to rush with a pro Bioball Build, and by casting Ensnare, then rushing in with Zerglings to tank for the Lurkers, the Queen's Ensnare effectively neutralises what made the M&M's deny the Zerg Lurker-Ling Rush, by using their superior speed, to avoid and evade the Lurkers' attacks, as they burrowed. In that one instance, against the Bioball, I completely decimated his M&M's army.

The reason why the Queen hard counters the Terran, and is in fact the tech answer to the Terrans, is because Ensnare counters the Bioball, effectively neutralising Stimpack, while Spawn Broodlings are crucial to breaking a siege by Siege Tanks. Parasite is the counter to the Science Vessel, another often used Unit by Terrans facing Zerg.

Watching pro replays of Zerg versus Terrans, I would often notice how the game could actually be won by the Zerg, if he had just used Queens in his gameplay. At that point though, I predicted that Zerg Queen will become not just an important part of Zerg versus Terran gameplay, but in Zerg gameplay overall.

And so it came to pass, and the best Zerg player currently, Jaedong, is using Queens in his gameplay, for both Ensnare and Spawn Broodlings. Although, here are some changes I feel should be made to the Infested Terran, for them to be playable. They should improve the AI, and increase the Splash Damage Range to that of a Scarab, while also allowing it to deal full damage under a Dark Swarm, instead of just Splash Damage.