Blizzard, FIX THE LAG PLEASE

General Discussion
Here are a few solutions to this problem.
1. Allow an option when hosting a game, to only allow 5G bar players in.
2. Dont allow players to join a server if they have high latency, i play on useast, and uswest, and its all the people from other countries that seem to be lagging. Ive asked players during lag games where they are from, and everytime its someone outside of canada/usa that is lagging.
3. Get better servers.
NO, this is segregation, never should be anything near an option to make a game that is only gor 5 green bar people.

Also it is a know fact that the 5 bar is something that dosent 100% represent if a player is going to lag or not, ill explain this a little bit further the line of this reply.

About not allowing to join player to a server i agree in a sense, there should be some sort of "testing" connection system that would wanr players that the connectin they are using is not good enough to play on that server. But this is jsut for warning porpusses nothing more.

I am 100% AGAINST any sort of country identifier, that is also segregation and of a worst kind.

Remastered Games dont run over server, they run on a technology called P2P, the same its used for downloading things in software like ARES etc.. Blizzard servers they only thing they do is giving you game lists, saving who won/lose, letting you chat, fetch stats etc.. Blizzard has nothing to do with the lag in game as the connection is not running trough a Blizzard server.

No about "5G bar", this P2P networks work something like in this picture:

https://www.gigatribe.com/images/p2p-networks.jpg

To the left you can see how "modern" games work, like starcraft II etc.. they "talk" to a server, so the game is actually running in the server, in Remastered everyone must wait for everyone else, this is the way the game was programmed several years ago, and the DEVS have told us from the very start they wont change this, they will jsut try to "improve" how P2P networks work. Is honestly no on their hands the lag i mean...

Now the "5G bar" means 2 thigns, that a person is "closer" to another person in the network, it dosent have nothing to do with connection, i give you an example...

Imagine you are playing with a person next door, and between you there is only one internet/router distance (called hop), in reality this is never the case as even if your neighbour is next door you and him msut first et to the ISP (Internet Service Provider) special routers then back, but for the sake of this example lets imagine an internet network that is connected between you, i am not tlaking about LAN or UDP (ethernet connection, fiber connetion betwen 2 computers) NO, i am alking about the internet between you being one router of distance.

What happens in this example?, well.. both of you should be able to play on Phone Speed connections, you might have problem creating a game, for your frined to find it in the list, loging into battlenet would be very bad with an 512 Kbps 1995 phone connection to even join the game, but assuming you get to connect, the game should run FAST, this is because Starcraft is very and i mean VERY light... a facebook .jpg might weight around 8 megabytes for instance, a whole game with 8 players connected with 4 observers, and lasting one hours shouldnt weight more than 3 megabytes !!.

So the problem is the distance, and the "5G bar" mean only that, distance, nothing more, nothing else.

But added to this, people in a P2P network are sometimes not directly connect to you, this means that if someone in mexico is between you and other 3 guys in Peru, those guys in Peru will connect trough mexico and then the mexican computer will send you, and that mexican guy might show Green... and guess what ?... all other 3 peru people will show green also !.

Also that this in consideration, this network test or "pings" that are made to give you the "5G bar" are made when a person joins, but they might change, the internet "routes" are like higways, but they fall, whole infrastructure sometimes fall, sometimes during game package decide to travel over satelite, wimax, fiber... meaning they take so many diferent roads, the internet is not always "the same route" and P2P is a mess !!.

This is why the DEVS are looking a way to inform clearly to peole the advantages of having ports 6112 and other opened.

this bring us to the subject of a SOCKET, which is simply an IP + a PORT, they help to sided to community and keep "listening" over dedicated ports, this arguably helps the buffer in the network drivers to add something to the lag, also some ISP technology use ports to "remember & and keep dedicated connections opened" routes and the best path posible for a given service like "Starcraft".

This is how it works, if your Blizzard APP region say America and you visit the server "korea" and you dont have your port opened, when yuo visit korea your connection will first travel to america then to korea!! becasue the Blizzard APP conenects you to a proxy, to let you create games. Back in the day to create games you needed to have the port open.

but if both players have the ports "opened" then the connection will have NO PROXY !! and it wil lbe direct between 2 players !.
So what i get from your thread is this:

• 1. Blizzard give us information tools, like a TEST button we can use to test connection before we start the game
  • 2. We can also go to settings and TEST our connection to see how it will work for diferent servers & situations.
  • 3. Inform people on how to OPEN PORTS on their local ISP, make it an POP-OUT message for people joining servers that dont have ports opened. inform that having ports opened make the information int he frame less clustered with request, as the connection is dedicated already.
  • 4. Give name tags a small "simbol" for people that dont have the ports opened, but inform peole that people that dont have the port opened dose not mean they will lag, is just informative.
  • Also as we are in the subject, i am sure as years goes that Blizzard will implement a dedicated server solution for SC:Remastered, as other games are coming that also uses P2P like Diablo II and Warcraft III which are sometimes ever more demanding. So i dont say we will get a change in the say Remasteed Network works any time soon... but in the next 2 - 3 years we will get dedicated servers, meanwhile.. they just have to make the code better and give us testing tools etc.
    well, i just want a way to prevent people that will lag the game from joining my created games. you are right, sometimes a 3y wont lag the game, and a 5g will. so how do we prevent these actual laggers from joining our games? no one likes lag, the only ones who put up with it, are the laggers because they have no choice.
  • There should be a way to make system "Boot" people for you based on as system called TEST
  • So how would this work?

Once you are inside the game lobby you can read “Turn Rate 12" if you choose the default value. Under that you could read something like "Dynamic Turn Rate 4-8" (with yellow color) meaning there is a big probability that it will drop to 4 or 8 during game. it could also tell you: "Dynamic Turn Rate 16" (with green color) or Dynamic Turn Rate Unstable (With red color), here the color just means:

Red = Unstable This means that the system Can’t possible give you an answer and it will 99% of the time lag or even drop to hell at the start of the game.

Yellow = Dropping from desired Turn Rate, so if you choosed 12 as default anything lower will be yellow.

Green = Turn Rate will go UP, meaning it will get better.
    So all of this is happening automatically as people join your game, and its only based on the “color” of players latency. So its basically telling you the obvious.

So, based on this when you get yellow or red a button that says "TEST" will be clickable, when you click this it will give you something like this:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MlkFMAWDZ8s/TcEfyKnAXWI/AAAAAAAAABk/9ddo6AToWJI/s1600/P2P_peer-to_peer.png

No names, just colors, you will see how many people have a direct socket connection (PORT OPENED) and how many are using proxy.

The point is and pay attention fi you are reading this if the game status is RED you could also choose an option "BOOT Nodes", and it will kick all the nodes one after one in a certain order of “furthest to closer” in the P2P network, until your game becomes yellow. Any game in Turn Rate 4 is considered “Playable”.

I think this is reasonable, you will never know who are you kicking until you see the names being kicked by the system, you just press a button that works like a "CLEAN GAME" function, it will kick anyone that the TEST system sees is interfering with having at least Turn Rate 4 game. And that’s another point, the TEST system won’t kick nobody once you achieved Turn Rate 4 (the lowest possible turn rate), also when you click the TEST button nobody can join your game, also nobody can leave while its testing.

When the test is being conducted some messages will appear in chat for everyone else to see: "Testing connections....", "Test concluded game is Unstable", "host choose to boo lowest Nodes..." "Player1 booted from game", "player 2 booted from game", "game is now stable".

etc... sounds reasonable?

Also if a person gets booted it should always say "You been booted from game by Connection Tester", so they know that its not a personal boot, the Test does not BAN, it just boots, so that person can try to join back again, they will get manually banned of course, and also they will get a pop-out "You been Booted from this game by system, would you like to join anyways?":

i think this could help mitigating private games a bit. The WHOLE problem is how good the "TEST" system is at determine which is the node in the P2P network that is keeping the game Turn Rate down or making it unstable, it should not only be precise, but also quick to use, this tests shouldn’t take more than lets say 5 to 7 seconds.
    11/15/2017 04:12 AMPosted by FatBastard
    well, i just want a way to prevent people that will lag the game from joining my created games. you are right, sometimes a 3y wont lag the game, and a 5g will. so how do we prevent these actual laggers from joining our games? no one likes lag, the only ones who put up with it, are the laggers because they have no choice.

this would be amazing, because how many bums are still playing on Dial-up and ruining games for everyone else? It's apparent that there are a lot. Or that MANY are Koreans who should be playing on the Asia server in order to reduce lag.
    11/06/2017 05:48 PMPosted by FatBastard
    Here are a few solutions to this problem.
    1. Allow an option when hosting a game, to only allow 5G bar players in.
    2. Dont allow players to join a server if they have high latency, i play on useast, and uswest, and its all the people from other countries that seem to be lagging. Ive asked players during lag games where they are from, and everytime its someone outside of canada/usa that is lagging.
    3. Get better servers.

I guarantee it's a 100% server problem. I have zero lag when I play on eu / na servers in starcraft 2 and I'm from Korea. In SCR, 1 in every 2 or 3 games is a lagfest even though I'm not playing with someone outside of Korea.
    11/15/2017 05:33 PMPosted by CHiMCHiM

this would be amazing, because how many bums are still playing on Dial-up and ruining games for everyone else? It's apparent that there are a lot. Or that MANY are Koreans who should be playing on the Asia server in order to reduce lag.
    South Korea has one of the best internet infrastructures in the planet.
    11/15/2017 05:33 PMPosted by CHiMCHiM

this would be amazing, because how many bums are still playing on Dial-up and ruining games for everyone else?

Zero
    Do you even know how P2P works?

no one likes lag, the only ones who put up with it, are the laggers because they have no choice.

*facepalm*

If you play with somebody far away, and your TR is too high, you will have lag. It is natural because of geographical distance. Of course geographical distance is the fault of the lagger, especially in times of global matchmaking and customizable TR in custom games.