Turn Rate

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 12 Next
09/16/2017 07:46 PMPosted by LoucMachine
09/16/2017 07:36 PMPosted by hyfrehyfre
I dont answer for Blizzard, i am just not as dumb as the other 80 % of this Forums no offense to you i dont know you.

People here theya re really not that smart. About the servers well it has been aswered by staff at some point i wont search it i think it was in some 1.20.3 or something like that, also if you dont trust me there is a long interview with Pete Stilwel where he says exactly the same... they just wont purchase dedicated servers... and dont like to open the "pandoras box that is the Net-Code", is on the gamescon this year, sorry i dont find it for you right now i am lazzy got like 6/7 loses in a straight line.
You know that re writing the whole net code is probably years of work right ?

Btw did you remove me from your friends list because I was trying to make you realise that a Latency profile does not work ? I hope this is not the reason :/ ...

yes, because you dont understand what a "Pplayer Latency Profile means" is not only latency, but a bbunch of other tests, like country ip, clock substraction, etc... but you have no read it so is ok. Ignore me, i had 7 lose in a row and i am pissed with the current Turn Rate, and that "sleezy lazzy" Blizzard move "we will move everything to Turn Rate 16 so they will complain, and then leave it forever at Turn Rate 10 and not make an algorithm that works, i hate this not you my friend, i hate tht everyone in this forum is a jerk also. GN
09/16/2017 07:54 PMPosted by hyfrehyfre
<span class="truncated">...</span> You know that re writing the whole net code is probably years of work right ?

Btw did you remove me from your friends list because I was trying to make you realise that a Latency profile does not work ? I hope this is not the reason :/ ...

yes, because you dont understand what a "Pplayer Latency Profile means" is not only latency, but a bbunch of other tests, like country ip, clock substraction, etc... but you have no read it so is ok. Ignore me, i had 7 lose in a row and i am pissed with the current Turn Rate, and that "sleezy lazzy" Blizzard move "we will move everything to Turn Rate 16 so they will complain, and then leave it forever at Turn Rate 10 and not make an algorithm that works, i hate this not you my friend, i hate tht everyone in this forum is a jerk also. GN
I perfectly understand what your idea of a Latency profile means and I read your posts from top to bottom no matter what you think and not matter what I quote from you. But whatever man...

Edit: anyways I sent another request, feel free to accept it and we can discuss it more when you are in a better mood. good night
i hav eproblems with people in real life, is probably not you, i just hate when people say that i dont "know stuff" it rages me even more than losing 7 game sin a row, specialy vs terran that just frog jump here and there and build turrets like crazy. Or vs zerg that just had luck because a misclick here and there, hate my mouse my keyboard and all humanity, nothing personal.

I am a network engineer, and a web server programer for ages, i have worked with websites that needed to chose diferent pipelines to upload stuff, so i know 100% what i am talking about. i know what p2p is how it works, how latency is messured correclty in those situations, and what other information would be good to have a perfect Turn Rate choice. Thats all cheers.
09/16/2017 10:53 AMPosted by Matt Sherman
We very much appreciate all the feedback thus far.
I'm targeting Monday (PT) for Turn Rate 10. I'll update the main post once we have a specific time for the change.

I really dont think that changing every game to have TR 10 is the best solution, you will still have games that on 10 is a nightmare to play with, the development team will either need to improve the netcode or make algorithms to be able to change the TR depending on players from 8 to 16 and not just a fixed number.
hey i buy before i think that was 7 years ago (2010) Starcraft battle chest, inside the box include cd case of starcraft broodwar expansion set and starcraft with CD-key. My concern how can i play starcraft remastered with cool graphic i thought only update then playable it seem that i need to buy again the starcraft. Its unfair because we paid the original CD and now, before we play the remastered we still need to play.
09/17/2017 12:00 AMPosted by giantamayo
hey i buy before i think that was 7 years ago (2010) Starcraft battle chest, inside the box include cd case of starcraft broodwar expansion set and starcraft with CD-key. My concern how can i play starcraft remastered with cool graphic i thought only update then playable it seem that i need to buy again the starcraft. Its unfair because we paid the original CD and now, before we play the remastered we still need to play.
Remastered is a different product then the original Brood War. Think of it like an expansion pack: it introduces stuff (graphics, matchmaking, ...) that you did not pay for with the original Btood War.
09/16/2017 07:46 PMPosted by LoucMachine
You know that re writing the whole net code is probably years of work right ?
Not really, it's just a small part of the game. I could probably do it myself.
Yeah, the guys at shieldbattery.net already rewrote the netcode to allow for a more sophisticated, smoother experience. Blizzard devs should talk to tec27 and 2pac, who already implemented a well-working solution to this problem.
Just wanted to give my 2cents feedback after playing 6 games, only 1 game lagged and the other guy dis, one other game was lagging but got fixed after changing it to high latency and 4 games went smooth, Im playing from CR.

the experience has not being bad for 1v1, but for a global ladder i dont see this sustainable.
09/17/2017 03:35 AMPosted by fazek42
Yeah, the guys at shieldbattery.net already rewrote the netcode to allow for a more sophisticated, smoother experience. Blizzard devs should talk to tec27 and 2pac, who already implemented a well-working solution to this problem.

Yeah i know those guys also, i have not used my shieldbattery beta for like a year, that thing was cool, too bad this came to kil everything esle
so guys at shieldbattery can rewrite netcodes and blizzard can't? Blizzard, you guys do realize that this is by far the biggest problem SC:R is facing? You could potentially devastate the playerbase so much. How is it that most of the foreigners were able to play koreans on fish ON L2 before and now we can't even play lagfree on TR 12 which is supposedly L2?
09/17/2017 10:57 AMPosted by wasdqwerty
so guys at shieldbattery can rewrite netcodes and blizzard can't? Blizzard, you guys do realize that this is by far the biggest problem SC:R is facing? You could potentially devastate the playerbase so much. How is it that most of the foreigners were able to play koreans on fish ON L2 before and now we can't even play lagfree on TR 12 which is supposedly L2?

Is not as easy as that, the WHOLE program is compile in such a way that the MUTEX systems are perfect, Mutex by te way are how threads & processes use shared memory and they are how to say it... "waiting in line", so adding anything new like a local algorithm to gatehr information is always something dangerous, because you will probably always move a register that is being used by this or that. is not as easy as it would seem.

Regarding the SERVER SIDE touching the net code would most definily bring problems we cant even imagine, stack allocation problems, and overflow of the mos simple kind come to mind. Once you change the netcode is as well better to make a new one (which at this point would be at least half a year of work).

So, the onyl solution is to make suck a Latency Algorithm so the RANK Algorithm itself can pick the best Turn Rate for each played vs player situation, but this also is very hard to implement, and is well to say the least... much, much extra work.

They will change the game to Turn Rate 10 and leave it there period, that is more eficient in time and effort, wish i could see the objective board of the Classic Dev team, i am sure Turn Rate is top 10 there it can easily be solved byt making turn rate 10 defult in RANK. I sincerily dont matter, i been able to play turn rate 16 before and my connection is stable enough, but i fell for people a little bit further from the server, or behind a really bad ISP/BGP infrastructure... wish Blizzard would make the "Adjustable Turn Rate Algorithm", and this i my opinnion and only my opinion, this can only be made if Blizzard saves and compare each single player Latency/ip/lag information in a single set of functions to compare, contrat with the ultimate obective of chosing the best Turn Rate, any other solution is honestly a Band-Aid ordeal.
Ok I got here because I wondered, why there are Koreans on EU server and wanted to find out then just ask myself, if these are to noob for own kind but feel good at rest but after reading that all I am realy asking myself.
For what do we choose region in Battle.net, if it is Global?
L2 is way closer ti TR8 than TR12 and most people have no issue with global MM on TR8... its just that people want better turn rate and no lag. Shieldbattery guys didnt re write the net code, they added lan latency to play over the internet, what remaster is already doing.
09/17/2017 04:53 PMPosted by LoucMachine
L2 is way closer ti TR8 than TR12 and most people have no issue with global MM on TR8... its just that people want better turn rate and no lag. Shieldbattery guys didnt re write the net code, they added lan latency to play over the internet, what remaster is already doing.

i dont think you ever played fish server. Tr 8 is not way l2. Try ti muta micro on wlauncher and sc r.
This 12 is unplayable sometimes which sucks for ladder.
09/17/2017 10:06 PMPosted by wasdqwerty
...L2 is way closer ti TR8 than TR12 and most people have no issue with global MM on TR8... its just that people want better turn rate and no lag. Shieldbattery guys didnt re write the net code, they added lan latency to play over the internet, what remaster is already doing.

i dont think you ever played fish server. Tr 8 is not way l2. Try ti muta micro on wlauncher and sc r.

TR8 and L2 are the same.

It was tested by tec27.
come on blizzard this is too unfair on the aus and nz community, please do something about it :(
09/18/2017 12:47 AMPosted by Shaggy
come on blizzard this is too unfair on the aus and nz community, please do something about it :(

Agree. It is so painful to play at the moment... I know this is often exaggerated, but its literally unplayable. Its like the game is on normal speed it stutters so much. Its not just a delay in actions, the whole game is literally slowed down because it buffers 5 times a second
09/17/2017 10:06 PMPosted by wasdqwerty
...L2 is way closer ti TR8 than TR12 and most people have no issue with global MM on TR8... its just that people want better turn rate and no lag. Shieldbattery guys didnt re write the net code, they added lan latency to play over the internet, what remaster is already doing.

I tried this already:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/526353-turn-rate-and-latency-data

L2 is TR8 low latency