CCMU & Sprite Limit

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
So, Matt's said we'd like to tackle CCMU - that seems like a universally supported feature.

But CCMU is a little different from the sprite limit (Photon Cannon & Valkyrie missiles, for example). Imagine a world where we also raised/removed the sprite limit. Would this be a good world?
This would be an amazing world !!!, honestly CCMU is something that need to be solved, as the sprite limit. Release it as soon as posible as it is, as you probably know BUGS dont start showing theire faces just like that, they wait for people that make maps/play to bring them to the surface. Dont try to perfect something that is only going to be broken by regular people, release your fix with a big title "CCMU Alpha test", and we would be more than happy to test it until it is perfected.

In other words, i think most of the people universaly see CCMU as a "cannot place more unit problem", but most place sprites problens in the same bag; valks, canon bugs etc are the same in most people mind. There are a few people that really understand what CCMU is, but most people if they would see another Valk glitch in tvt, or when making map they encounter a "max number of sprites" they will certainly think you have not solved the issue.

Good luck !!! we can only think what the Dev Team has on its hands right now, we are at the edge of our sits, keep it going please !!! this means the world to us.
YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. Especially if you want good modding support in the future. Lots of mods, even older mods, for the game heavily abuse and reach the current sprite limit easily. Lemme just compile a list of reasons why the community, and myself, thinks these limits (most, if not all of them) should be increased (Preferably to the 16, or even 32-bit, integer limits so they will effectively never be an issue ever again):

1. They would not have a substantial impact on the balance of 1v1. 1v1 hardly ever reaches any of these limits to begin with, even when Valkyries get involved. The only potential way it can is through Overlords, but that would take a lot of time and effort and most people would have lost well before they ever even come close to reaching any of the limits via Overlords.

2. The UMS, Modding, and general mapping community needs these limits raised or removed to flourish again. Too many games are starting to become heavily affected by CCMU and Sprite Limit, causing the game to be completely and totally unplyable.

3. The Team Game community is having a very hard time being able to have good, fun games due to the CCMU and Sprite Limit by reaching the limit so easily and quickly. People being unable to build a new army due to CCMU, and even if they can most of their units not attacking due to Sprite Limit, is really hampering the ability to play anything above a 3v3. Even 2v2 can easily reach CCMU if there's more than 1 Zerg player.

4. There are a few open-source resources around the net that have already accomplished raising nearly all limits to the 16-bit integer maximum, effectively making the limits borderline non-existent. These resources could easily be researched to make the process a little easier on your end (As I'm sure even on your end you'd still be having to work with machine code to some degree to accomplish this).

5. This one is more of my own reason, but for any further content expansions to be released to further build upon the game, such as adding new Campaign heroes that have crazy behaviors, or having crazy effects going off on maps, or having a lot of new things all happening at the same time in general, or anything along those lines, having these limits increased drastically would make things a lot easier (As it would also for mods).
It goes without saying that the world is perfect.
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. I can't think of a reason to say no to this, except some quite far-fetched arguments about buffing valks.
09/20/2017 06:43 PMPosted by Achaean
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. I can't think of a reason to say no to this, except some quite far-fetched arguments about buffing valks.

How about people strugling with Remastered already... like my friend with an I7 integrated graphics... Sad, Would CCMU make oeverheat worse?, can people add an option in setting to turn this "ON/OFF" at least on test time.?
Yes, a good, the best world. . Weapon (Sprite) limit is the worst limitation of SC, I don't know how often i tried to explain people about that limit and still about 80%+ don't understand it. Remove that limit <3
Yes. This simply needs to happen. This is just as or more important than CCMU, in my opinion, as it prevents certain units from functioning as intended.
09/20/2017 05:07 PMPosted by Grant Davies
So, Matt's said we'd like to tackle CCMU - that seems like a universally supported feature.

But CCMU is a little different from the sprite limit (Photon Cannon & Valkyrie missiles, for example). Imagine a world where we also raised/removed the sprite limit. Would this be a good world?

hahahahaha. Thiiiiiis guy.
Yes please what is the point of removing CCMU if none of your units can fire?

I make a lot of defense maps and nothing is worse than when the defender has so many units that the attacker CCMU outs, or vice versa where there are just so many units attacking each other where the defender's units can't even fire and just get killed cause their range units can't fire firing.
Will this proposed fix address the lagginess around just a lot of carriers + interceptors? I've seen games where there may be 4+ players with JUST carriers, maxed, battling. It definitely can get choppy on even newer computers. Dev team might just test it where all players just have an absurd number of carriers battling stuff. #thelagisreal

Also, what about team match making? The next patch with a fix to CCMU + team match making are the two are the tops of most wishlists. Both would just be awesome :)
As a staunch SC purist, even I am totally in favor of slaying CCMU for good.
It would be amazing if you could remove the sprite limit and raise the unit limit. Just imagin the games of diplomacy!
i think, just one words need to answer.

abosoultely yes.
I think that this would be a very, very good world. Why?

With the sprite limit, units like Valkyries never see play, and for very artificial reasons. I do not think Valkyries suddenly becoming more viable would permanently throw the perfected SC1 balance out of wack.

The balance of win-rates has shifted many times historically as people discover new strategies and develop new techniques. The fine tuning the OG SC1 team settled on is very important, but it is not everything. I think SC1 from both a casual and comepetive perspective will not just survive, but thrive.
Yes.

As long as it does not cause some glitches, like some bugs with sounds, fog of war, or other nobody could forsee.
I thought this was pretty much a combined package. What advantage do I have if I can build as many units as I want if half of them won't shoot on sight of an enemy. lol
so, when is patch them date?
just tell us cleary date blue letters.