CCMU & Sprite Limit

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
11/29/2017 10:57 AMPosted by Grant Davies
Thanks for all the feedback, gang!

We are very very close with this feature now.

The one thing that concerns me in all of this feedback is the question of enabling in 1v1 ladder. We had planned to raise the limits by default - including matchmaking/ranked. (And still having an option in custom game creation for the original limits).

We've never seen a serious competitive 1v1 get anywhere near close to the bullet limit - so many units are required for that. Is this something you guys see?

My opinion is to increase it for ranked ladder too. Even though there's a (small) chance that it will affect some games, I think it's stupid for balance or meta builds to be decided based on a situation that players can't exactly control (by this I mean that a terran player who builds valks may find them firing or not firing depending on things he can't control). The toggle for custom games is awesome for those UMS that require it.

Then again, I'm just a regular noob and this is my humble opinion.
09/20/2017 05:07 PMPosted by Grant Davies
So, Matt's said we'd like to tackle CCMU - that seems like a universally supported feature.

But CCMU is a little different from the sprite limit (Photon Cannon & Valkyrie missiles, for example). Imagine a world where we also raised/removed the sprite limit. Would this be a good world?

That's the bigger feature of Stracraft Broodwar that everyone wants removed so we can have epic battles :D Please Blizzard make it Christmas gift :D if they change the Peer to Peer connection a server based service to get rid of the lag would be asking to much I thing .. but I'm sure you guys can pull this one off :D
09/21/2017 03:49 AMPosted by Fefnir
Just imagine those sick 4 v 4 games...
Ma' man :D

The one thing that concerns me in all of this feedback is the question of enabling in 1v1 ladder. We had planned to raise the limits by default - including matchmaking/ranked. (And still having an option in custom game creation for the original limits).

We've never seen a serious competitive 1v1 get anywhere near close to the bullet limit - so many units are required for that. Is this something you guys see?

Oh man, I can't wait for this to go live. Certain UMS maps will be completely different (and better) experiences thanks to this.
Lot of Korean plays 3vs3 fastest unlimited resource map, CCMU seems to be fixed, but sometimes Valkyries don't fire still. I hope this bug fixed soon, I've played this game near 17 year now, still enjoying. I mostly play terran i got attacked by lots of mutals with couple of Queen but there is no appropriate counter but Valkyries.
thanks
What is the point of this topic? They promised CCMU would be 100% slain and abolished BY release in August and it wasn't. This was posted a month later and they're "talking about removing it"...? It is now 4 months later and still no update.

Like I said before, are they literally waiting for Christmas? Why are you asking rhetorical questions? "Hey guys, SHOULD we fix bugs in our patches and keep our word?"
12/08/2017 01:09 AMPosted by Numenor
3400 is the new ccmu limit.

Though I notice the AI bugs out at around 1500 units if they are all being ordered to do something.

Cause I made a test map that just spawned kerrigans none stop and had a trigger that ordered them to move to the edge of the map to not block the spawn location. CCMU and saw that after a certain amount of units that been ordered to move to a location the newly spawn units would refuse to move. Which caused them to clog up the spawn location till some of the other units stopped moving.

Any update/fix on this, devs? Units refuse to move.
12/13/2017 09:23 AMPosted by 무시무시한발바닥
Lot of Korean plays 3vs3 fastest unlimited resource map, CCMU seems to be fixed, but sometimes Valkyries don't fire still. I hope this bug fixed soon, I've played this game near 17 year now, still enjoying. I mostly play terran i got attacked by lots of mutals with couple of Queen but there is no appropriate counter but Valkyries.
thanks

but sometimes Valkyries don't fire still
when i played a UMS map,they indeed didn't fire!!
It is possible that you are playing an EUD map. The new CCMU limits are not supported for EUD. Also, be sure that "extended" is selected in the game creation.

Please let me know if neither of these scenarious are the case.
12/14/2017 07:36 PMPosted by Matt Sherman
It is possible that you are playing an EUD map. The new CCMU limits are not supported for EUD. Also, be sure that "extended" is selected in the game creation.

Please let me know if neither of these scenarious are the case.

I feel that CCMU is not enough.
l now know that the CCMU is made up of 3,400 people, double the existing 1.16 version.

However, if all eight people in the fastest map draw a population of 200 Valkyries, the projectiles of Valkyrie will not be perfect.

I think it is necessary to increase CCMU by at least 1700 (1.16 version)×8 in order to get Valkyrie projectile to go perfectly.

I wonder what the Blizzard Classic team is thinking about my opinion.
66*8*8=4224. There's your perfect sprite limit. Of course, that assumes 8 people make 200 supply of Valkyries and they all attack at once.
12/15/2017 12:51 PMPosted by Theroux
66*8*8=4224. There's your perfect sprite limit. Of course, that assumes 8 people make 200 supply of Valkyries and they all attack at once.

yes.
CCMU limit, which are units, is not a sprite limit, will that be increased any time soon?

Hi Grant,

Can you give an update on the sprite limit? What exactly does the option "Unit Limits: Extended" do? Does this "fix the sprite bug"?

I am an oldschool 2v2 player, and my race is terran. So I would like to make sure that in sequences where there is a lot of traffic on the screen, my Valkyries really shoot. I think the 2v2 aspect of the game is underrepresented, and in my opinion, there are also different aspects to balance. Valkyries are highly mobile and effective compared to any other terran air- counter- unit. In other words, turrets to hold of mutas are not an option if you have to help your ally. I have a feeling (that I cannot really prove, because my micro is too bad) that Valkyries that are not limited by the sprite bug can also change the carrier game significantly, since they can kill observers and interceptors with splash damage only and can strip the Protoss fleet of Corsairs. And a fleet striped of Observers and Corsairs can be annihilated by a hotkey full of wraith as we all know...

I guess my point is: The removal of the sprite limit could be huge for 2v2 matches where Terran has to defend against air. So is this fixed?