StarCraft Remastered Outage 10/13/2017

General Discussion
Hi Cerebrates, Commanders and Executors,

Blizzard infrastructure has suffered a major outage and we have our best and brightest trying to fix the issue. Sadly this means StarCraft: Remastered is currently offline until such time as the problem is fixed.

We will update this topic as soon as we have more to share.

Classic Games Team

Edit: Looks to be caused by Internet Service Provider network issue in Korea.

Edit 2: We have fixed the network issue and servers are back to a health state.
NA and EU players should be able to connect and play and KR should be back online shortly.
NANI?!
CAN YOU PLEASE HURRY UP?
aww... on a friday =[

dun dun dun.... its friday the 13th. i expect nothing less.

DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!
Sad! Y_Y

Work hard for us Blizz!! You can make it!
Can we get IP/direct connect if Blizzard can't keep its servers up?
I need to play find the murderer .... :-)
Ruined my Friday night.
10/13/2017 08:46 PMPosted by CokyScar
Ruined my Friday night.

I can assure you that you are not the only one that has had their Friday night ruined. :)
Took 3 hours to report an outage?
thanks for the update!
10/13/2017 08:49 PMPosted by Suzy

I'm sure they noticed it before then, though dealing with downtimes on non-working hours is never pleasant nor easy.
Thanks for the update Mark :)
thanks for letting us know and for trying to fix it
much love for starcraft 1 and the community/staff that keeps it up
10/13/2017 08:49 PMPosted by Suzy

Considering the infrastructure is in need of re-working, it's not fixed with the snap of a finger. Trying to look for what the heck is causing it is what really takes time. Because if you do a sloppy job at trying to fix it, it will be short-term and the problem will eventually bounce back.

Also, there's the issue of "if they announce it early and the issue they announced turned out wrong". People will probably get mad too.

I think being patient is what most of us really need here. Knowing how old the server is and issues we've all encountered in the past, it should now really surprise you (right?).
10/13/2017 08:48 PMPosted by Mark Chandler
10/13/2017 08:46 PMPosted by CokyScar
Ruined my Friday night.

I can assure you that you are not the only one that has had their Friday night ruined. :)

Lol. Perfect response.
well played severs well played I'm off to bed see you peeps tomorrow.
please blizard fix it!! you guys can do it~!! we are still waiting for this to be fixed ;)
Got wine dont care lol
Just to reinforce Mark's edit in the original post, the outage is a physical outage outside of Blizzard. Rest assured we are doing all we can to restore service.