Developer Update -- October 5

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Greetings Executors, Cerebrates, and Commanders,

Check out our first development update video with Grant Davies. We plan on making this a regular thing, and hope you enjoy it. We look forward to your feedback.
I all the major complaints and requests were covered in the video. This looks like a good way to keep the community updated. Hopefully online gameplay continues to gain more stability.
First of all, great video! This is an awesome way to keep in touch with community. Even tough you guys keep saying that you read the forums, a direct response as this one will help those who find it harder to believe you actually do.

I didn't quite understand the EUD part though. The idea is that you guys plan to rebuild some if the popular EUD using maps in a different, safety-cocerns-free way?
Thank you for this type of video, very nice! I know this is probably low priority, but can you guys talk about the SD graphics looking pixelated compared to 1.16? Lots of people on this forum and teamliquid feel this way about it. Bring back 1.16 SD graphics! But thank you!
Love the new updates. Yes Please fix: CCMU & Sprite Limit, I would love to see 3v3 or 4v4 or a UMS maps, not being freezing cuz of dumb Sprite limits, and CCMU Will be in the pass of 1.16.1. And you are allowing "some" EUDS. What about EUPs?
Thanks for the amazing update, and all, but yes I love it, keep this up, and SC:R will be forever AWESOME!
Vote on this: Yes.
Thanks for feedback guys!

SD graphics - it is on our list to investigate whether we can more closely match what 1.16 was doing.

EUD - we do not intend to rebuild maps. Rather, we basically have an EUD emulator to emulate hundreds of the offsets. That's why some EUD maps will be supported as we move forward, and not all.
I don't suppose you have a write up for people at work/unable to watch the video?

Really want to know the changes, and patience isn't a strong point for me..
Thanks a bunch for doing this guys, it's much appreciated.
10/05/2017 06:20 PMPosted by Grant Davies

SD graphics - it is on our list to investigate whether we can more closely match what 1.16 was doing.
I'm definitely okay with this as long as it isn't taken too far. I know a lot of people complain about SD StarCraft currently looking very pixelated and I get that, but I also found the look in 1.18 (I believe it was) to be too blurry. If you can find that sweet-spot to make it look like it did in 1.16 without going too far in either direction, that'd be fantastic.
Thank you for the video update. I'm happy to hear that lag issues are being worked on, but sad about team matchmaking.

Can you please fix the naming scheme of replays so that player names + races are shown and organize the cloud save folder?
Couldn't help but smile about this video and the fact that it exists.

One thing I hope to see is that these developer update videos won't be too far in between from one another. A lot of people are feeling jaded and ignored by the company as of late, feeling as though their outcries of the glaring problems they're witnessing are being ignored.

At the very least, this is a great way and also a great start of interacting with fans on a more personal level. I sincerely hope this will bode well on having a better relationship with the fans who are so passionate about seeing this game in a better state for years to come.
10/05/2017 02:21 PMPosted by Traysent
Greetings Executors, Cerebrates, and Commanders,

Check out our first [url="https://youtu.be/O2RuZA7xhWg"]development update video[/url] with Grant Davies. We plan on making this a regular thing, and hope you enjoy it. We look forward to your feedback.

Hi, I recently watched Grant's video on the upcoming changes in regards to the decision to increase bullet sprites and I am very concerned about this matter. It will indeed affect the gameplay for communities who play maps that required the bullet limit, such as, WW2 Death In Europe 5.3

Link to what is WW2 Death In Europe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMScJfY1WRc

Based on the forums, I am aware that the community would like to progress in removing CCMU and the Bullet Limit altogether. However, I am wondering if it it is possible to include a feature in create games (option) that could allow us adjust the CCMU and Bullet Limit?

EUD - we do not intend to rebuild maps. Rather, we basically have an EUD emulator to emulate hundreds of the offsets. That's why some EUD maps will be supported as we move forward, and not all.

Thanks for the clarification, keep up the awesome job! :D
I look forward to fixing RTL vram 2.2gb issue to lower.
Can we have an update on the Blurry HD Graphics issue? Beyond the first acknowledgement by a blue we have had no information on that for over a month now...
Devs do intend to implement Guild Matchmaking Ladder ? Clan matchmaking 1vs1 at moment, and futurely 2vs2, 3vs3, 4vs4.
Can we get something on the possibility of merging East and West into one "North America" server? Lots of people have been making the shift to West anyway since that server generally has at least twice the population of East at any given moment and it's much easier to play ums, but the community still is unnecessarily split to some extent by the hold-outs.
I hope 2v2 comes before 3v3 and 4v4 just so it can be implemented faster.

[/quote]

YES!! Thank you Grant! I play both SD & HD on ladder and it would be super duper if it could get closer to the look of 1.16
I see you guys liked my idea on dynamic turn rate.
09/17/2017 05:54 PMPosted by PheoNIX
Why don't we make the Turn rate dynamic? when the connection isn't great, it will drop to 8, when better 12-16