broodwar unable to set dragscroll speed

General Discussion
So i bought broodwar, because i am tilted with sc2.
There is no option to set drag scroll sensitivity and drag scroll speed is out of contol.
Well this suck, i am so used to this, it will probably take some time to get used to play without it.

I played game made wall and lings runned through :D i have no idea how to wall of in this game LOL

I use dragscroll intuitiveli and carema moves to the corner, because sensitivity on this is insane and there is not option to disale this lol.
I saw at beta custom hotkeys and there are none LOL.
I guess i wasted 15, nice remaster no hotkey customization ...
Oh there are but still not for cameras and cannot disable annoying dragsroll
Wait time 300second, estimated 30...
what are u talking about... You mean the window scrolling?

You can reduce it. There is one that is for when you push the up/down/left/right arrow keys on the keyboard and the other setting is for the mouse.

For some reason mouse dpi//sensitivity speed also increases//decreases it which i find a pain in the !@# cause my mouse sensitivity is really low and the window hardly moves even though Ive got it set to the highest on the scrolling option.

SC1 and SC2 are different games. You don't go to another mmo or game and say " oh this game sucks it doesn't have the same keys as mortal combat " lol... I mean you must have known better.

Theres always a learning curve when playing a new game, nobody has to tell you that.

I never understood why people bish and moan about bw or bw players bishing about sc2. Just don't play the game if you dont like it. Complaining about it isn't going to change anything and in fact might make you salty.
Drag scrolling is when you hold mouse middle button and you can move your camera without need to move your mouse to side.
I am used to it from sc2 and i accidentally press middle mouse button and camera flyies to the corner, because sensitivity on it is insane and i can't change it.

what are u talking about... You mean the window scrolling?
SC1 and SC2 are different games. You don't go to another mmo or game and say " oh this game sucks it doesn't have the same keys as mortal combat " lol... I mean you must have known better.

I never understood why people bish and moan about bw or bw players bishing about sc2. Just don't play the game if you dont like it. Complaining about it isn't going to change anything and in fact might make you salty.

Custom hotkeys doesn't affect balance and it is up to player to choose, i can still have custom hotkeys though registry change, but it is annoying to change that back after every time i finish playing bw.
Even this game didn't support it and it does, i didn't see it for first time and i wrote oh okay, you can set custom hotkeys.

I absolutely love broodwar, only thing i am complaining right know, you can't turn off drag scrolling.
I hate sc2, broodwar is so much better, sc2 suck.
middle mouse button scroll is really a bad habit too;;
I don't use razer synapse because it is add tremendous lag, so i can't disable middle mouse button at drivers.
I hope it can be disable using something like autohotkey, but all that hassle could be avoided if you simply could set drag scroll sens in game and i will miss this feature.
No it is not bad habbit, it is faster than mouse scroll, you don't need to mouse your mouse cursor at all before scrolling.
But it is up to individual player to choose what he prefers.

And i really love this game, when i lose i don't get angry, i write everygame glhf gg.
Because in broodwar you lose because of you mistakes, sc is retarded he hides some building on map and you barely miss it.
Sc 2 is trashcan i berate before even game started and i never say gg.
And i am all time angry, in broodwar i have only fun and i truly enjoy starcraft like long time ago.
So so good broodwar, fu sc2

I got it disavled with autohotkey...
I also wanted to see if there was a way to set the dragscroll speed for Remastered. One that is separate from Mouse Sensitivity and Mouse Scroll Speed. I'd like to have dragscroll speed to be less than the Mouse Sensitivity. I googled and came to this thread. Looks like its currently not a feature or an option. But I'm bumping this old thread because I'd like to see such an option added in.

Now if an option to dragscroll will never be added, I'd like to get an official say so from a dev and I'll gladly put the matter to rest and be on my merry way. Otherwise I'll probably just keep bumping this until I do get an official dev response, or get the option added in, or get banned for bumping. Which ever comes first I suppose.
bump
There’s no way to change it, it’s always been this way. It’s useful for a few things
I realize it cant be changed. Right now.

But adding the option to set the dragscroll speed isn't going to change or break the mechanics of the game. It would be pretty much the same as changing hotkeys. And like I said, I'd like to hear from an official dev if this will ever be implemented or remain this way forever.
10/13/2017 04:52 PMPosted by GOFAI
I don't use razer synapse because it is add tremendous lag, so i can't disable middle mouse button at drivers.
I hope it can be disable using something like autohotkey, but all that hassle could be avoided if you simply could set drag scroll sens in game and i will miss this feature.
No it is not bad habbit, it is faster than mouse scroll, you don't need to mouse your mouse cursor at all before scrolling.
But it is up to individual player to choose what he prefers.

And i really love this game, when i lose i don't get angry, i write everygame glhf gg.
Because in broodwar you lose because of you mistakes, sc is retarded he hides some building on map and you barely miss it.
Sc 2 is trashcan i berate before even game started and i never say gg.
And i am all time angry, in broodwar i have only fun and i truly enjoy starcraft like long time ago.
So so good broodwar, fu sc2

I got it disavled with autohotkey...

Please, stop making us Sc1 fans look bad. People can like SC 2, don't go bashing SC 2 and SC 2 fans stop bashing SC 1 fans. I'm a fan of both of these games, both having strengths and weaknesses. Just keep your opinions civil please.
monthly bump...
You are not supposed to reduce it, because BW could never be played with that function like you can play SC2 nowadays.

I can totally understand that you would want to disable this feature though. Imho Disabling dragscrolling would be okay, but in order to keep the gameplay 100% intact I am against reducing the sensitivity on it.
Then shouldn't you also be against Hotkeys?
07/14/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Rockman05
Then shouldn't you also be against Hotkeys?

I was to some degree actually.

However reducing dragscroll sensitivity would mean you could play Starcraft Remastered with a function that Starcraft Broodwar never had.

Concerning hotkeys: They have always been in the game, and the game has been played with hotkeys.
Since key changes have not been made to hotkey customization, I do not think that changed hotkeys affect the game much for good players (but quite a lot for scrubs, because tank pushing and casting storms etc. is much easier now).
What do you mean hotkeys have always been in the game? I don't recall that option being in the settings pre 1.18

As for dragscroll speed, its not necessarily a function that gives players an advantage. Not much anyway. Not like the way hotkeys do. It's just a function that lets you navigate through the map. Hotkeys on the other hand can easily change the speed in which a player inputs commands. So how would dragscroll speed be a game breaker?

I still want it as a customizable function in the game. As the way It is right now, It's useless for me because it moves too fast. And correct me if I'm wrong but new functions added into Remaster where mouse scaling and mouse sensitivity. Both things that where not capable in original broodwar.
07/15/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Rockman05
What do you mean hotkeys have always been in the game?

Well there were always hotkeys in existence. You just could not customize them.

As for dragscroll speed, its not necessarily a function that gives players an advantage. Not much anyway.

So how would dragscroll speed be a game breaker?

No, it just would change the feeling of the game imho.
Keeping the gameplay intact also means trying not to change how it feels playing the game. (That is one reason why I initially was against hotkey customization, but the game still feels the same now - the devs did not touch its feeling by being very strict about what can be customized and what not.)

As the way It is right now, It's useless for me because it moves too fast.

It is usually used to go from one corner to another, or to from one end to another opposite end quickly. Drag-scrolling in BW was not intended to be used instead of "normal" mouse-scrolling.

And correct me if I'm wrong but new functions added into Remaster where mouse scaling and mouse sensitivity. Both things that where not capable in original broodwar.

I think mouse scaling was not in the game, but I am very sure that mouse sensitivity could already be customized.
No, it just would change the feeling of the game imho.
Not any more so than custom hot keys. It changes the controls. dragscrollspeed would be on the same level. IMO

Keeping the gameplay intact also means trying not to change how it feels playing the game.
If that was true then they should have also left out Windowed mode.

It is usually used to go from one corner to another, or to from one end to another opposite end quickly. Drag-scrolling in BW was not intended to be used instead of "normal" mouse-scrolling.
I'm almost certain that's wrong. I could bet there are those who can properly use it for scrolling around the map. As for me, I can't get used to it. Which is why I would like an option to configure it.

Still hoping for a dev response btw.
07/16/2018 11:34 PMPosted by Rockman05
I'm almost certain that's wrong. I could bet there are those who can properly use it for scrolling around the map.

Oh, I know for a fact that there are people using drag scroll like that, even with the insane sensitivity on it.
If that can be considered "proper" usage, is a different question.

How something is intended and how it is used are also different things.

Yes, a dev response would be great, but be assured: they are reading all of this behind the scenes ;)
monthly bump

05/09/2018 08:20 PMPosted by Rockman05
I also wanted to see if there was a way to set the dragscroll speed for Remastered. One that is separate from Mouse Sensitivity and Mouse Scroll Speed. I'd like to have dragscroll speed to be less than the Mouse Sensitivity. I googled and came to this thread. Looks like its currently not a feature or an option. But I'm bumping this old thread because I'd like to see such an option added in.

Now if an option to dragscroll will never be added, I'd like to get an official say so from a dev and I'll gladly put the matter to rest and be on my merry way. Otherwise I'll probably just keep bumping this until I do get an official dev response, or get the option added in, or get banned for bumping. Which ever comes first I suppose.
I play a lot of dota and I have the habit of using dragscroll aswell and I also think it would be great if we could adjust the speed of it and maybe add a button to turn it off for the people that don't like the idea of it being adjusted.