broodwar unable to set dragscroll speed

General Discussion
I agree it would be great to have this option and would hurt no one
Monthly Bump.

Sorry, I missed the last monthly bump.. :/
Maybe I'll just bump it twice this month to make up for it.

05/09/2018 08:20 PMPosted by Rockman05
I also wanted to see if there was a way to set the dragscroll speed for Remastered. One that is separate from Mouse Sensitivity and Mouse Scroll Speed. I'd like to have dragscroll speed to be less than the Mouse Sensitivity. I googled and came to this thread. Looks like its currently not a feature or an option. But I'm bumping this old thread because I'd like to see such an option added in.

Now if an option to dragscroll will never be added, I'd like to get an official say so from a dev and I'll gladly put the matter to rest and be on my merry way. Otherwise I'll probably just keep bumping this until I do get an official dev response, or get the option added in, or get banned for bumping. Which ever comes first I suppose.
did you gave up?
monthly bump for u
No I didn't give up. lol, thanks for the additional bump.

I also wanted to see if there was a way to set the dragscroll speed for Remastered. One that is separate from Mouse Sensitivity and Mouse Scroll Speed. I'd like to have dragscroll speed to be less than the Mouse Sensitivity. I googled and came to this thread. Looks like its currently not a feature or an option. But I'm bumping this old thread because I'd like to see such an option added in.

Now if an option to dragscroll will never be added, I'd like to get an official say so from a dev and I'll gladly put the matter to rest and be on my merry way. Otherwise I'll probably just keep bumping this until I do get an official dev response, or get the option added in, or get banned for bumping. Which ever comes first I suppose.
Monthly Bumpy

Honestly, why do the devs keep ignoring me?

Bumpy bumpy
I concur that this would be a nice addition, would be great to have this option and it would not hurt anyone
01/09/2019 03:55 AMPosted by fazek42
I concur that this would be a nice addition, would be great to have this option and it would not hurt anyone

agreed
yet another bump..

This is going to be considered as a hack which gonna give unfair advantage. You know how hardly ppl reacted to hotkeys changes, so none of features which gonna affect and change gameplay will happen.
02/16/2019 11:24 AMPosted by CognacLover
You know how hardly ppl reacted to hotkeys changes, so none of features which gonna affect and change gameplay will happen.

what?
Middle mouse scroll in bw is only used for throwing your camera in a corner, you can kinda use it as a 4th camera hotkey, if you have a corner expand, you can camera hotkey your other 3 bases, then just use the middle mouse pan to throw your camera in the corner for the 4th one. Other than that it is not used. I would recommend going into BW as a new game, be flexible with changing some of your SC2 habits, you will be edge panning a lot more in bw. Hope you enjoy the game! Again just try and be a bit more open minded about learning the BW controls/mechanics, they are different, but they make the game that it is, the deepest management, strategy game.

*Also don't worry, everyone is in a crisis playing this game, even pros, it's a game about managing that crisis
still waiting for an answer from any dev, march bump

03/20/2019 04:18 AMPosted by Cld
still waiting for an answer from any dev, march bump

thx. I had missed March. But Im back for April.

BUMP!!

02/17/2019 01:55 AMPosted by Exceed
Middle mouse scroll in bw is only used for throwing your camera in a corner,
I doubt that was its intention.

you can kinda use it as a 4th camera hotkey, if you have a corner expand, you can camera hotkey your other 3 bases, then just use the middle mouse pan to throw your camera in the corner for the 4th one.
I dont always have a base exactly on the corner.

Other than that it is not used.
Again I doubt quickly going to a corner was its intention and for nothing else.

I would recommend going into BW as a new game, be flexible with changing some of your SC2 habits,
I've never played SC2.

Hope you enjoy the game! Again just try and be a bit more open minded about learning the BW controls/mechanics,they are different,
BW is actually my first strategy based game. And while trying to LEARN the controls I found the dragscrolling to be lacking to where its unusable.

*Also don't worry, everyone is in a crisis playing this game, even pros, it's a game about managing that crisis
And being able to set the dragscroll speed would make managing that crisis easier.