Patch 1.21.1

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next
It has been said before but you really should make it so observers can see what the player can see, and see what's inside a shuttle for example.
12/18/2017 12:42 PMPosted by HaN
It has been said before but you really should make it so observers can see what the player can see, and see what's inside a shuttle for example.

This features should be in replay mode also by default.

Different observers mode are the answer for this, being the current one the default. but you could have an observer mode with production bar, number of workers, seeing inside a shuttle as you say... and other that well... wont even let you see the unit panel or the statistics panel.

Also please Blizzard please.... let observers chat. Make the game good.

This are my suggestions for observer modes:

• minimal Observer
  • Just minimap

• Observer mode default
  • Just as we have it right now.

• Observer mode detailed
  • Production bar, attack units bar, number of workers, selection, groups numbers, seeing inside eggs, shuttle, Dropships, whats being build in gateways barracks etc...

All this options can be toggle ON/OFF when provided in a simple menu. But if game Creator did not chose the Detailed Observer mode... you just cant.
    @Matt Sherman/Developers - i have asked for non-balance additional features before (about the an addition to the gateways crystal so here goes again here is a gif of what i had in mind for the gateway https://imgur.com/a/WekMi -

anyway the other feature had in mind i heard from a korean youtuber by the name of Tiny Land here is his link to the video where he starts talking about it - http://bit.ly/2CZaAA3

i am backing it up because they are good ideas, hes asking for a worker counter some where obviously to see how many workers you have (and maybe an idle worker notification as well) also he asks for some way to know which "upgrade is complete" my idea for this is either text some where for -

example either on the left of the screen like it is in sc2 but the problem with that is (for sc2 anyway) in short its out of your eye sight because everyone is always focus on more important things that are going on in-game (building, in battles, macro/micro) and no reason to ever look there that is why i think of this -

i think it would be better if it was text it should display a white text at the bottom middle like it does for when you need more supply depots or which ever... another idea is having a picture of whichever upgrade you are getting on that building example zergling speed when upgrading a picture of it is shown on top of the spawning pool i would also say do the same for the nexus and command center i know that they flash when building i know this sort of thing is in SC2 but again it is a good addition to the game (but gateway doesn't) but i'm trying to think out loud and try and trying to help SC:R get better and hopefully a better reputation over all! and to finally finish this off of course have the options to turn all this off for the people that for whatever reason don't like it

Thank You Blizzard!
    12/18/2017 08:46 PMPosted by Connor5620
    @Matt Sherman/Developers - i have asked for non-balance additional features before (about the an addition to the gateways crystal so here goes again here is a gif of what i had in mind for the gateway https://imgur.com/a/WekMi -

anyway the other feature had in mind i heard from a korean youtuber by the name of Tiny Land here is his link to the video where he starts talking about it - http://bit.ly/2CZaAA3

i am backing it up because they are good ideas, hes asking for a worker counter some where obviously to see how many workers you have (and maybe an idle worker notification as well) also he asks for some way to know which "upgrade is complete" my idea for this is either text some where for -

example either on the left of the screen like it is in sc2 but the problem with that is (for sc2 anyway) in short its out of your eye sight because everyone is always focus on more important things that are going on in-game (building, in battles, macro/micro) and no reason to ever look there that is why i think of this -

i think it would be better if it was text it should display a white text at the bottom middle like it does for when you need more supply depots or which ever... another idea is having a picture of whichever upgrade you are getting on that building example zergling speed when upgrading a picture of it is shown on top of the spawning pool i would also say do the same for the nexus and command center i know that they flash when building i know this sort of thing is in SC2 but again it is a good addition to the game (but gateway doesn't) but i'm trying to think out loud and try and trying to help SC:R get better and hopefully a better reputation over all! and to finally finish this off of course have the options to turn all this off for the people that for whatever reason don't like it

Thank You Blizzard!

The truth is that most of the community is against what Tiny Land said, the reason is that nobody wants additions to the main game, of ANY kind, the game has to be played as it was on 1998 to 2017, until the day the last copy of Broodwar disappears in a super nova. We dont want workers count or upgrades "alerts" in the game, one should be able to learn the game in the "guts", play a lot and get the experience necessary to understand all the different maps, play styles.

People in the internet will jump and say "git gud" insult you and be a 12 year old all together. But i respect Tiny Land request for what it is, i know where it comes from i fell the same when i am playing. But the answer from me and the big chunk of the community that also plays this game every day is a resounding:

NO

If you still cant understand why we don't like this, then you should probably reconsider if you would like to be learning Broodwar or Starcraft 2. leave Broodwar alone.

---
    Now.... here is something that you must understand, the majority of the people is against modifying the "core game", that is:

• RANK
  • Melee
  • Top vs Bottom
  • Any any other mode that "modifies" your ladder points.

But here is the thing Nobody would mind that you could be able to create UMS maps that give you Workers numbers, Production panel, upgrade panel etc, or have a Melee game but both players have to noticeably accept that the other one has different information. NEVER FOR RANK, NEVER

Hell !!! i even think that the engine should allow private games that have multiple unit selection, pathing fixed, gold mines, shared base maps, etc... but that is a redesign of Remastered that will never happen. Share base maps is something funny... i have no idea how they thing that TMM will be release without it, seeing that they come is making me scared.

Me personally i think there is a big difference between people that "own" remastered and the people that play it for "free". So i think that even Melle and Top vs Bottom should allow workers numbers and upgrades alerts... why not?

BUT NEVER FOR RANK

-----------

I am DISGUSTED with Blizzard that this basic 2017 additions are not even implemented in replay mode and observer mode. Like we have to think they are working on them, when we know they are not, and never will. Why?.

There is a work for that, they are neglecting, working way to slow, missing communications, being scared of doing "too much job" when they have one of the best jobs in the world...

THIS IS BECAUSE THEY DONT CARE !!! THEY ARE LAZZY AND PHONIE

PUBG which is a freaking 3D game just released in 2 months of work a freaking 3D replay mode, with server side functionality, you can watch what "every" other player is doing some kilometers from your character.

What the classic team did in 2 months? create an icon to show if a game is running in proxy and change the Map Pool.

DISGUSTING

That does effect balance though.. Like any change that would give the opponent additional information.
    This would give out builds protosses are going for in many cases.

I would not like this at all. BW game mechanics are not ment to be made easy or automatic. Mechanics, manual evaluating, keeping track and remembering things are part of the game. You're supposed to remember what you were upgrading something and try to evaluate the timing on when it's finished. If it's hard for you, then it's just another thing to practise :) Things like this are what makes the SC:R learning curve so steep!

Let's not make the game into something you can play while dipping your left hand finger in your nose and wondering the universe.
    Let's keep it as a game that needs 100% concentration to be good at!
    Hi Folks,

We are deploying hotfix patch 1.21.1.3402 to address a high frequency crash occuring on startup.
    12/19/2017 02:48 PMPosted by Matt Sherman
    Hi Folks,

We are deploying hotfix patch 1.21.1.3402 to address a high frequency crash occuring on startup.

My game keeps crashing after upgrade to 1.21.1.3402 without any error message.
    Never happened to me before.
    12/19/2017 03:44 PMPosted by GhostCat
    Hi Folks,

Same. Randomly crashing to desktop without notice. Also Ladder tab and profile not loading in menus. Same with MMR on Ranked queue screen.
    12/19/2017 03:44 PMPosted by GhostCat
    Hi Folks,

Same.
    My game just vanished.

And the bug with the screen going into a small window at start up is still there.
    We have reproduced the issue internally. Looking to roll back the version asap.
    Great patch! Everyone's dropping like flies in heat.
    Thank you for fixing the bug with Windowed (Fullscreen) mode. Improved my life SO MUCH!! :D

That does effect balance though.. Like any change that would give the opponent additional information.
    This would give out builds protosses are going for in many cases.

I would not like this at all. BW game mechanics are not ment to be made easy or automatic. Mechanics, manual evaluating, keeping track and remembering things are part of the game. You're supposed to remember what you were upgrading something and try to evaluate the timing on when it's finished. If it's hard for you, then it's just another thing to practise :) Things like this are what makes the SC:R learning curve so steep!

Let's not make the game into something you can play while dipping your left hand finger in your nose and wondering the universe.
    Let's keep it as a game that needs 100% concentration to be good at!

I agree with this fully.
    12/19/2017 04:13 PMPosted by Matt Sherman

When can that happen? I am wondering if we should still sitting here waiting for the rollback. Games are crashing like hell after the newest patch!
    Why not for ranked? it would be an amazing update for broodwar if we had those sorts of notifications/alerts. one thing they SHOULD patch and remove, is stacking mutas.
    12/19/2017 04:27 PMPosted by roywwcheng

When can that happen? I am wondering if we should still sitting here waiting for the rollback. Games are crashing like hell after the newest patch!

next week probably. the patch crew are lazy and incompetent.
    Damm I tho for sure be no more bugs....But thanks for the ASAP rollback. That is amazing...I didn't think Blizzard will have a backup of ech version. Nice!
    12/19/2017 04:29 PMPosted by FatBastard
    Why not for ranked? it would be an amazing update for broodwar if we had those sorts of notifications/alerts. one thing they SHOULD patch and remove, is stacking mutas.

one of the most ignorant thing I ever saw
    12/19/2017 04:29 PMPosted by FatBastard
    Falls under the same counter that the earlier user provided. Dedicating time and attention to a unique, difficult task (stacked muta micro) gives (unique) payoffs. You can do things with stacked muta micro that you otherwise can't do in the game. Not to mention that the removal of the aforementioned would to say the least disrupt balance, and it's a no-no.