Patch 1.21.1

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
The Twitch christmas bash just got postponed because of this.
Game currently unplayable, good to see it's being fixed, please post an update asap once the fix is live.
Stop proxying our starcraft connections pleaassee!
12/19/2017 04:34 PMPosted by wasdqwerty
12/19/2017 04:29 PMPosted by FatBastard
Why not for ranked? it would be an amazing update for broodwar if we had those sorts of notifications/alerts. one thing they SHOULD patch and remove, is stacking mutas.

one of the most ignorant thing I ever saw

stacking mutas was never supposed to be part of broodwar. now its a staple of cheese harassment.
didnt anyone test that patch for more than 2 secs in blizzard? i mean cmon.. such incompetence
12/19/2017 05:00 PMPosted by Chuck

Then open ports 6112-6119. If blizzard didn't proxy your connection you wouldn't be able to host at all, you should be thanking them.
I have just got up and then I played 2 games, I lost 2 games quickly, it's a moment fastly.

All of the beginning, when I update version lately today :(
I just tested the patch to see what everyone was talking about, not really sure it seemed to run fine for me BUT alt-tabbing in fullscreen is messed up again, the window doesn't minimize to the taskbar like it should.

yeah what the hell is that new crap about? god im sick of these "improvements"
game crashes after 5 minutes of gameplay
[/quote] That does effect balance though.. Like any change that would give the opponent additional information.
This would give out builds protosses are going for in many cases.

how? your opponent can't see what your are producing? [yes im scouting his base and i see his gateway flickering/flashing] what do you get from this other then hes making a unit? it doesn't tell you that hes going dt's (for example) -

when both of the other races buildings have something visible showing when buildings are doing something terran has flashing lights on pretty much every building barracks, CC, factory? do i need to go on?

its the same thing while zerg has eggs you might as well stop the stargate from flashing you don't want people to know you are using it, ah !@#$ - protoss is the only race that doesn't have this except for the stargate - put it through beta testing like a PTR again

open your ports like a good boy.
12/19/2017 05:16 PMPosted by IJVMS
I just tested the patch to see what everyone was talking about, not really sure it seemed to run fine for me BUT alt-tabbing in fullscreen is messed up again, the window doesn't minimize to the taskbar like it should.

the game is slowing to a crawl and crashing for most of us.

sorry your window isnt minimizing to the taskbar.
12/19/2017 05:19 PMPosted by FatBastard

open your ports like a good boy.

i have done so on my router and the ports still aren't open. 6112 tcp/udp forwarded to my static address on this computer. still says theyre closed on canyouseeme dot org
12/19/2017 05:16 PMPosted by IJVMS

Are you sure you're in Fullscreen and not Fullscreen (windowed) ? Cause the patch fixed Fullscreen (windowed) so that it doesn't minimize to the task bar (which it isn't supposed to do in that mode)

Also for those of you who don't understand the "proxy" situation. Read this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/7hj76l/guide_how_to_fix_lag_in_scr/
game crashing for anyone else?
12/19/2017 05:32 PMPosted by LOLlostAGAIN
game crashing for anyone else?
There's a bug with recent hotfix that they released a few hours ago https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20760676001?page=4#post-66

scroll down a bit and you'll see what I mean; they said they were rolling back like 1.5 hrs ago
Game crashing . Please fix it immediately .
Greetings,

This is unrelated to our patch. We have identified the issue and should have a fix within 3-4 hours. Thank you for your patience.

-Matt