Patch 1.21.1

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
12/19/2017 05:41 PMPosted by Matt Sherman
Greetings,

This is unrelated to our patch. We have identified the issue and should have a fix within 3-4 hours. Thank you for your patience.

-Matt

Sucks, but thanks for the ETA.
you da man matt
kept crashing to the desktop, never last longer than 5 min in any game.
12/19/2017 04:29 PMPosted by FatBastard
Why not for ranked? it would be an amazing update for broodwar if we had those sorts of notifications/alerts. one thing they SHOULD patch and remove, is stacking mutas.

patching muta stacking would be a huge !@#$ no. the korean pros actually told blizzard original gameplay and not to mess with the game -

what they should actually re-patch is the stutter stepping %^-* - where im trying to micro a dragoon for example and it just !@#$ing glitches out and freezes they were have meant to patched this with 1.18 or something and then for whatever reason reverted back to this %^-* again it wasn't happening at all for me after one of the recent patches its a great efing way to lose units early game against a terran push especially when you are trying to bloody micro/stutter step away
lol wanted to play some brood war before bed but blizz like NOPE, we got that !@#$ for 10 dolla tho, tell ya homies.
Excellent job Matt thanks for the constant communication we where having a local tournament in here, good to know you are working hard the next 4 hours etc. Thanks for the hard work cheers. !@#$ happens.
[...]what they should actually re-patch is the stutter stepping %^-* - where im trying to micro a dragoon for example and it just !@#$ing glitches out and freezes they were have meant to patched this with 1.18 or something and then for whatever reason reverted back to this %^-* again it wasn't happening at all for me after one of the recent patches its a great efing way to lose units early game against a terran push especially when you are trying to bloody micro/stutter step away
Just in case I might not be repeating myself to you, sometimes pressing 's' a couple of times helps get the stucked unit unstuck
12/19/2017 05:48 PMPosted by Southpaw
lol wanted to play some brood war before bed but blizz like NOPE, we got that !@#$ for 10 dolla tho, tell ya homies.

hold out til they release the fix
12/19/2017 02:48 PMPosted by Matt Sherman
Hi Folks,

We are deploying hotfix patch 1.21.1.3402 to address a high frequency crash occuring on startup.

Thanks, but your patch just broke my game when I have never had issues before.. Your patch literally created crashing for me.. I open game and it continues to closeout and put me back to desktop. It crashed before I was able to select Multiplayer, It crashed at in game chat, It crashed at searching for game window, and it has crashed while in game. Way to go devops.. Please test your patches before putting into production.
12/19/2017 05:41 PMPosted by Matt Sherman
Greetings,

This is unrelated to our patch. We have identified the issue and should have a fix within 3-4 hours. Thank you for your patience.

-Matt

Thanks, Matt. Can you provide any details to what the issue is? I've heard this is not affecting everyone, so could that indicate the possibility of a client-side workaround in the meantime?
12/19/2017 05:53 PMPosted by ZurgMaster
[...]what they should actually re-patch is the stutter stepping %^-* - where im trying to micro a dragoon for example and it just !@#$ing glitches out and freezes they were have meant to patched this with 1.18 or something and then for whatever reason reverted back to this %^-* again it wasn't happening at all for me after one of the recent patches its a great efing way to lose units early game against a terran push especially when you are trying to bloody micro/stutter step away
Just in case I might not be repeating myself to you, sometimes pressing 's' a couple of times helps get the stucked unit unstuck

yes im aware of that - it shouldn't happen to begin with especially when they seemed to have patched it earlier now all of a sudden it starts happening again there is no reason why any unit should freeze like this
The fix is being trickled out ETA <1 hour for all users. This will not require a patch for SCR.
I find it hard to believe that crashes that nobody had an issue with that suddenly started occurring immediately after the patch have nothing to do with the patch, but what do I know? I can't even play single player for more than 2 minutes without a crash, so I guess I'll be waiting.
12/19/2017 05:53 PMPosted by ZurgMaster
...Just in case I might not be repeating myself to you, sometimes pressing 's' a couple of times helps get the stucked unit unstuck

yes im aware of that - it shouldn't happen to begin with especially when they seemed to have patched it earlier now all of a sudden it starts happening again there is no reason why any unit should freeze like this
It's unfortunate, but seemingly a lot of the time we seem to have to rollback patches that fix an erstwhile problem of old SC, because of some other (minor) issue that they deemed unacceptable to break. Give them time, and I anticipate that they will fix it. They have limited resources; they haven't forgotten.
12/19/2017 05:23 PMPosted by Tsunami
12/19/2017 05:16 PMPosted by IJVMS
I just tested the patch to see what everyone was talking about, not really sure it seemed to run fine for me BUT alt-tabbing in fullscreen is messed up again, the window doesn't minimize to the taskbar like it should.

Are you sure you're in Fullscreen and not Fullscreen (windowed) ? Cause the patch fixed Fullscreen (windowed) so that it doesn't minimize to the task bar (which it isn't supposed to do in that mode)

Also for those of you who don't understand the "proxy" situation. Read this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/7hj76l/guide_how_to_fix_lag_in_scr/

Yeah I am in regular fullscreen, that's all I run in as I like the window minimizing when I alt tab. It was broken for the majority of sc:r's lifetime but one of the most recent patches fixed it. Now it seems broken again. Not the biggest of deals but annoying when you want to change windows and sc is in the way.
[quote="207592381923"]@Matt Sherman/Developers - i have asked for non-balance additional features before (about the an addition to the gateways crystal so here goes again here is a gif of what i had in mind for the gateway https://imgur.com/a/WekMi -

/quote]

Is that from some kind of patch or some edited animation? Looks amazing. I had this idea in my mind long ago and I believe I posted about it somewhere years ago. I fully support having this: protoss buildings should flash/blink/flicker when something is producing. It's not going to affect balance. I'm 99,9% sure devs just forgot to add those features when they released the game in '98.

Wanna blindly downvote?
Don't agree?
How you explain all terran buildings or zerg eggs flashing when you macro or upgrade then?
A new patch, nice. Thank you developers.

But is the /users command really fixed?
This is what I get:
There are 60 games being played.
There are 59 players online.

There's more games being played than there are users online..?
12/19/2017 11:20 PMPosted by CognacLover
12/18/2017 08:46 PMPosted by Connor5620
@Matt Sherman/Developers - i have asked for non-balance additional features before (about the an addition to the gateways crystal so here goes again here is a gif of what i had in mind for the gateway https://imgur.com/a/WekMi -

[/quote]

Is that from some kind of patch or some edited animation? Looks amazing. I had this idea in my mind long ago and I believe I posted about it somewhere years ago. I fully support having this: protoss buildings should flash/blink/flicker when something is producing. It's not going to affect balance. I'm 99,9% sure devs just forgot to add those features when they released the game in '98.

Wanna blindly downvote?
Don't agree?
How you explain all terran buildings or zerg eggs flashing when you macro or upgrade then?

Zergs and Terrans are different race.. That's how.
Zergs overlords can fly and provides detection while supply depos and pylons are static? :)

Come on, if you do a change in the game that effect the game, then of course it effects the balance. Don't you think it's logical?

It's not only a "cosmetic" change, when you can use that flickering info in game.

a few frequent situation examples:

-zvp, tosses use their first gateway as a wall on the natural most of the time
-any match up gateway on nat
-proxy gates: enemy would know when you're abandoning those gates
-produce a zealot while building cybernetics core
-2gate-opening vs zerg, zerg would easily keep track of zealot number just by camping his overlord over the gates.

terrans and zergs already have good amount of time to react once they see a zealot pop out. Flickering gateways would give them just way too much time to react. Obviously on lategame the flickering would not give out too much info since usually you cut gateway units only on early game.

I understand that this change would benefit some protosses in their macro aspect, as they could seee easier which gates are idle. but becouse it would give out info to the opponents as well, it would not be good for the balance.