Has SC;RM brought new blood?

General Discussion
Are there actually any new players here who have just found or came to starcraft since RM release?
12/20/2017 11:40 AMPosted by Converse
Are there actually any new players here who have just found or came to starcraft since RM release?

Funny you should ask that. I used Remastered as an opportunity to get people I know into StarCraft. I think I recommended this game to like five people this year, which is an accomplishment for me since I almost never socialize.

Edit: And I'm also gifting this game to two people this Christmas.
Me. At least for 1v1.
I came back to brood war after an absence of at least 8 or 9 years. And the last time I had played before SC:R wasn’t on battle.net, it was just to replay the campaign
Yeah I never played brood war before remastered. I tried SC2 but never got into it.

So far I've enjoyed it a lot. It's obviously very challenging and I don't do to well on ladder yet but I enjoy the fact that the effort I put into the game won't go to waste.

I feel like in most other competitive games these days the game gets re-balanced every couple months or comes out with a new version and the old on dies; or maybe the game just dies after a few years because people get bored of a low skill ceiling game after reaching its shallow depth. I know none of these things will happen in scr so I'm happy to take the time it effort to attempt to get good at it.

So ya, I'm new and I love it.
12/20/2017 09:41 PMPosted by Cresco
Yeah I never played brood war before remastered. I tried SC2 but never got into it.

So far I've enjoyed it a lot. It's obviously very challenging and I don't do to well on ladder yet but I enjoy the fact that the effort I put into the game won't go to waste.

I feel like in most other competitive games these days the game gets re-balanced every couple months or comes out with a new version and the old on dies; or maybe the game just dies after a few years because people get bored of a low skill ceiling game after reaching its shallow depth. I know none of these things will happen in scr so I'm happy to take the time it effort to attempt to get good at it.

So ya, I'm new and I love it.

that's excellent
New Blood in Broodwar? Well me. I played it a a few times on lanpartys years ago. And the day SCR got released I was hooked in an instand! I played SC2 for a long time but made a complete switch into SCR. IT IS AWESOME! I am trying to get good, improve and have fun doing it.

You can also watch my journey to become a good Broodwar-Player on twitch. https://www.twitch.tv/vincent4tv
I never really liked sc2, but then when I heard that they were going to update it to work with modern stuff (back in April I think) I switched back to the better one.
My friends are way stuck into FPS to move to RTS.....but I think im wearing them down ;)
i stream RM from time to time and some of my viewers tell me they started with RM. If they tell the truth, they weren't even born when BW was released :>
I think it is cool, when new people get into playing BW! We need that in order to survive not only for the pro scene, but also as the BW gaming community.

I wish Remastered were more popular. Tbh I do not really get why there are so few playing. I thought alone the Blizzard App would bring in much more players - even though this a 20 year old game.
why do you people keep asking?

There wont be a huge influx of players UNTIL THE GAME WORKS RIGHT and there is 2v2.

THOUSANDS of people are still waiting for fixes before they even START playing again,
12/22/2017 09:21 AMPosted by EoTRampage
There wont be a huge influx of players UNTIL THE GAME WORKS RIGHT and there is 2v2.

The game is working right.
And having no 2v2 ladder has not stopped any 2v2 player from playing 2v2 the last 20 years.

If you want to play teamgames port forwarding should be done anyways. This is not Blizzards fault. They cannot open ports magically. They can give us proxy servers, but this wont stop all the latency issues. BUT that in itself is already a great improvement.

THOUSANDS of people are still waiting for fixes before they even START playing again,
Game is the best it's ever been troll
12/22/2017 03:19 PMPosted by NettleS

Game is the best it's ever been troll

Really? Then I would DEFINITELY be worried.