I always lost, some tutorial for noobs?

General Discussion
I have played rank I think 7 games and I lost all

And every game I have played, everybody select Protoss

Why?
Protoss is the better?

I always play with Zerg and I cant beat then, how I do with zerg vs protoss?
You probably just have bad luck in the queue at the moment. When I tried out matchmaking, I got three straight Terrans and lost them all, too. Coincidentally, I was also Zerg.

You likely just don't know how to effectively play against Protoss. While I can't offer any competitive ZVP advice, I can say there are plenty of sources out there. Liquipedia is your best friend in this regard if you want written articles.

If you want advice from the other regulars in these forums, try to describe the things that were happening in each game. Things like what you were doing, what the opponent killed you with, etc. So that they'd have a better idea on how to help you solve your problems.
To be honest, I always encourage newbies to finish all of the campaign maps before going online (a few of the Brood War maps can be a really challenging at the beginning, even vs AI). After that you can be sure, that you know the mechanics and units/races capabilities on decent level, needed to play others.
01/08/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Digox

Why?
Protoss is the better?

Here’s an amazing ongoing series:

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgmCLtUkEutKY8IlwyVCUFoRtgQe3LCf1

It should be very helpful to any new player
01/08/2018 02:57 PMPosted by MocnyGnat
To be honest, I always encourage newbies to finish all of the campaign maps before going online (a few of the Brood War maps can be a really challenging at the beginning, even vs AI). After that you can be sure, that you know the mechanics and units/races capabilities on decent level, needed to play others.

I already do that, I have played this game when its classic 10 years ago +/-, but only casualy, now i bought the starcraft hd to play online.
01/08/2018 03:34 PMPosted by InkedChemist

Why?
Protoss is the better?

Here’s an amazing ongoing series:

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgmCLtUkEutKY8IlwyVCUFoRtgQe3LCf1

It should be very helpful to any new player

Thx, good videos
Just have to be humble and accept it that its hard to get to an even intermediate level in this game especially if you are new but also if you are experienced in the past but your skills have deteriorated from not playing.

I'm new and I lose a lot on ladder and it sucks. I just take a break if I get demoralized but then starting practicing my builds and watch pro's replays. I'll come back stronger, and one day I'll start winning, and only because of my judicious study and practice. This game is fair! It rewards those who work hard on improving and will punish fools for thinking they are better than the are. Beautiful.
Lots of good reading on this site
http://liquipedia.net/starcraft/Category:Strategies
Unit stats, build orders, execution, hit boxes (very important for walls), quirky game mechanics, at which time you can expect a drop, dt, mutas etc. Everything you need really.

Profoss isn't better or worse then any other race but their units are pretty tanky so you aren't punished as hard/fast if you're a bit out of position. If you leave lings or lines unattended to do something in your base you might lose them all in seconds if you're not careful. Ofc that will happen with protoss units to later them game but early game i find it a bit easier. I also think its easier to warp in buildings then having to expend drones or fetching another scv's every time you need to build something. The warp in combined with expense units also makes it easier to spend money as toss, this might seem like a trivial problem but if you watch some replays its clear that some people actually have problem spending their resources fast enough, at least later in the game.

Terran is really easy to def with though, you basically just need to do a basic build order and wall from the site i linked above and you're safe from most rushes.

TL;DR
I always recommend toss to newbie mates i play with, an badly micro'd zealot is always good for something while badly micro'd rines and ling's just suck. Zerg is probably the least newbie friendly race, squishy early game units, defensive structures that can't be repaired etc.

That's my opinion anyway.
just keep going. Starting at 1500 mmr is quit high if u are new.

And prtoss is not "better" then zerg. In fact most protoss are afraid of zerg earlygame^^

But if u want u can check out my stream and watch me struggle too. ;)

https://www.twitch.tv/vincent4tv
Echoing a previous post but Day9 has been doing one of the most in depth tutorial series I have ever seen for any game. From concepts to units to current metagames, he is mapping out brood war to the teeth. Highly recommended any beginner that is also looking at this thread.
At low skill level the Protoss are the esiest to use but I suggest you to keep using the race you like the most cuz hopefully you'll not stay at low skill lv for ever.

Leave 10 or 15 or even 20 games when you start the ladder to begin to be matched with players at the very bottom of the ladder.

Watch professional games/tournament to have fun and learn in the same time.

Watch professionals first person videos.

Watch Day9 starcraft remastered series. Ex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0rSOLy9UVY

Liquipedia is your friend.

Find training partners, both of your level and stronger.

Also bw 3v3 is amazing because if you get decent you can often successfully defend vs a 2 or 3 players attack so I strongly suggest you to play team games before getting into 1v1.

- Never stop making workers

- Spend all of your money

- expand and transfer workers
The thing is that when you played it back then it was probably against AI and it's really different against real humans. You will need patience to start wining. The ladder is full of people who know the game very well.
Keep practicing. Find sparring partner which is similar to your level. Most 2 important things you need in this game are 1) mechanics (APM, speed, hotkeys) 2) build order (timing, decision making). Once you master them you won't going to suffer about it.
somethin to introduce noobs to the meta and some camera hotkey tricks etc to help their mechanics would be nice

Why?
Protoss is the better?

no p is not better its just easier for people who are on REALLY low skill to play protoss efficient then zerg or terran

from ur asking and talking i guess ur a beginner so ... lets face it u start at 1500 in ladder and thats waaay to high for u so normaly u should lose like 20+ games before u face people of ur skill

go to youtube and look for DAY9TV he has "learning starcraft" videos who are rly nice