Afreeca StarLeague

General Discussion
1 2 3 11 Next
Highly Rated
I just wanted to put this somewhere Blizzard will see it. I, as well as many Starcraft fans are very upset with the delay of the Afreeca StarLeagues. I know it is because Blizzard wants to squeeze every dollar from the Korean market. Which isn't that bad a thing, gotta get that paper. But when you ask for so much from a game that's almost 20 years old and most people who still care about it are die hard fans anyway, it leaves a gritty grimey feeling in my mouth. This feeling then becomes synonymous with Blizzard. I feel as if Blizzard is coming real close to losing fans.
shouldn't there be a link to a news article or something more than just this vague accusation?
It is common knowledge that Blizzard demands a hefty tournament fee for SC:RE. There were articles already posted in the forums.
And this is the Afreeca CEO saying that they're having problems trying to cooperate with Blizzard for ASL 5.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/525290-information-from-korea?page=73#1458

Seriously Blizzard, get out of the way of us, the fans. We played your game for 20 years, dangit, and if you kill off competitive Brood War in Korea (again) I will know that, despite whatever passion your remastered team may have, you as a company are completely dead inside.
I already realize it and abandon SCR for quite a while.
I switched to play PUBG.
01/18/2018 10:14 AMPosted by Pekka
I already realize it and abandon SCR for quite a while.
I switched to play PUBG.

Nobody cares about your stupid pubg garbage shut up with that already.
Blizzard went too far! They completely ruined ASL Team Battle (ATB) S2. People speculated back then because SC:R wasn't ready. Then after a while when Remastered hit they still didn't allow it, now they don't allowing main tournament. WTF you trying to achieve? Are you going to destroy the game again? Something must be done.
01/18/2018 09:58 AMPosted by Bobolink
And this is the Afreeca CEO saying that they're having problems trying to cooperate with Blizzard for ASL 5.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/525290-information-from-korea?page=73#1458

Seriously Blizzard, get out of the way of us, the fans. We played your game for 20 years, dangit, and if you kill off competitive Brood War in Korea (again) I will know that, despite whatever passion your remastered team may have, you as a company are completely dead inside.

I don't get why they do this right after releasing remastered. Does that really make sense to anybody besides blizzard?

Blizzard are such leeches now it's worst than the mmo free online pay to play systems. At least those systems give you what you pay for. Blizzard releases a half !@# game and the few who decide to stick around in the shet storm can't even enjoy it because blizz decides to alter the blooming phase of a newly released game.

You guys really need to just gtfo of the way and let the hard core fans enjoy the last days of starcraft as it is. You too busy with heartstone and wow and sucking the lifes out of people let us enjoy starcraft the way you gave it to us and the way it's been played for the last decade before you intervened and brought a wild shet storm.

This is out of hand, closing servers that are 100 x's better than the ones you supply us with, slowing or hindering the growth of the game, not completing a project that you promised us, unstable servers that give us errors and lag in team games every time we try to play a game. This is something that all should have been fixed within a 2-3 month period and somehow it took you guys almost a year.

Wish we can just revert all the shet you gave us and you can keep the money you basically stole from your customers. It's whatever, 15 bucks, keep them greedy mofo's but leave starcraft alone and the people dedicated to improving the fans/gamers experience. You guys aren't sincerely interested in that, we are. I apologize to the people in blizz who are sincerely trying to help out the gamers, this is for the money grabbing snobs in blizzard just looking out for their own interests.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/530249-afreeca-ceo-calls-on-fans-to-pressure-relevant-gaming-company-to-begin-asl5#3
2010 -> Killed KeSPA scene by forcing everyone to switch GarbageCraft 2.
2010-2017 -> Gave zero F about SCBW for a decade.
2017 -> Released half !@# beta BugCraft Remastered.
2017 -> Killed Fish, let iCCup die, shutted down remaining 1.16.1 servers.
2017 -> Denied tournaments saying you want them to happen when SC:R hits live.
2017 -> Allowed barely ASL S5 by charging 100k$ fee for 20 year old game.
2018 -> Denying tournaments again.

What's next?
01/18/2018 01:11 AMPosted by SuDDenLife
It is common knowledge that Blizzard demands a hefty tournament fee for SC:RE. There were articles already posted in the forums.

I wasn't implying that he was giving out misinformation, I'm just saying you should give a link so people have a source. It's convinient. I personally knew blizz had been giving trouble for a while now and charging insane fee's.
well.. the only thing i can do is not buy anything blizzard related ever again.
For example, the WoW-Classic server will be avoided by me and my friends.
Once again I have lost faith in Blizzard. I guess SC:R will remain as the last game I bought from Blizz.
Does someone know, what about hosting tournament under original BW license? (not the new SCR license). Is it still possible, or the Blizz doesn't allow it anymore? Kinda curious about it.
01/18/2018 12:59 PMPosted by MocnyGnat
Does someone know, what about hosting tournament under original BW license? (not the new SCR license). Is it still possible, or the Blizz doesn't allow it anymore? Kinda curious about it.

Try to think that through logically, if Blizzard is charging 100k for licensing Remastered events, do you seriously think they'll just allow tournaments for the free standard version that they gain absolutely nothing from? They were already blocking standard Brood War events months before Remastered even released.
Make sense, as BW licensing was in something like gray zone I suppose.
They are doing more harm than good at this point

Remastered was a huge blow to Korean scene tbh. May be on back to recovery now but it did more damage than harm as early bugs and problem drove viewers and streamers away from bw as it was nigh impossible for some streamers to do group clan wars that attracted lot of viewers for lesser streamers. The group clan wars created ecosystem where big streamers were able to spread viewers and donation around to lesser streamers and encouraged organic growth. But with that not being available for few months due to bad lag, a lot of smaller streamers suffered, and took this opportunity to "branch out".

And now with whole remastered problem with tournament, Koreans are growing with resentment at this point to blizzard when BW realistically is on last legs and blizzard is hampering even the last real generation before all ex pros retire
we need openBW as soon as possible and never look back
We deserve answers blizzard. you dont get to come into a scene, make a mediocre product, destroy the industry, without being answerable to your fans. Never buying another blizzard product again.
posting to support Afreeca, ASL, and most importantly, a healthy Brood War ecosystem