Afreeca StarLeague

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 Next
I have stopped using the forums, and playing the game mostly out of apathy - however realizing this post was up AND there was a blue response, I have to add my voice to the choir:

Blizzard - stop being greedy !@#$%^-s, leave BW alone. You are tarnishing your reputation.
01/25/2018 01:53 PMPosted by Khalmanac
First – apologies for the delay on commenting on this. We wanted to conduct our own investigation into the context/authenticity of the original post before jumping in, and strangely it has proven more difficult than we expected. We note that the post was deleted almost as soon as it was posted. Frankly, it also caught us a little off guard, as we and Afreeca have been finalizing plans for SCR esports before, during, and after that confusing post.

So, we’re still trying to get to the bottom of this issue, but what we can say is, we are fully committed to SCR as we always have been, and to SCR esports. Nothing has changed in that department, and we continue to engage in dialogue with Afreeca so we can all get back to being excited about an ASL S5!

I appreciate the official response but this post was a lot of vague text that looks like it was cookie-cuttered right out of a PR manual.

I'm not going to bother asking about the license fees since its obvious you'll just avoid that question like the plague, but here's a question you can hopefully answer and it's a really easy one: what exactly is Blizzard's involvement in ASL anyway?

Unless I'm very mistaken (and please do correct me if I'm wrong) ASL is paid, planned, produced and directed all by Afreeca. So I think a lot of us are very confused when you say you're actively engaging in dialogue because no one actually knows what Blizzard's role in ASL is to begin with.
sc2 intro trailer end quote.
Hell, its about time
Official word smacks of bull!@#$ to me...
Please make ASL5 happen.

I want to have another love letter for the BW community :P
em at least an statement thank god hope they can make their words truth..
Blizzard, Bruh.

Here is a list of what you need to do to make people happy and make the game better for everyone.
1)CLAN SUPPORT like in SC2
2)Automated tournaments
3)Ladder like PGT / iCCup / Gamei
4)Continue to work on networking
5) Old Friend list functions /F list & or better.
6)Support your game more financially like with ASL5 + other events / more foreign (non-korean) events, with more open player pools, not biased choosing of popular casters.
7)Combine all the servers into one, since there is cross realm play / it doesn't matter what server you are on for ladder anyways, only public games.
8)Etc.

Lets start with clan support / ladder bruh's , GOGO
01/26/2018 11:23 AMPosted by telecom
Blizzard, Bruh.

Here is a list of what you need to do to make people happy and make the game better for everyone.
1)CLAN SUPPORT like in SC2
2)Automated tournaments
3)Ladder like PGT / iCCup / Gamei
4)Continue to work on networking
5) Old Friend list functions /F list & or better.
6)Support your game more financially like with ASL5 + other events / more foreign (non-korean) events, with more open player pools, not biased choosing of popular casters.
7)Combine all the servers into one, since there is cross realm play / it doesn't matter what server you are on for ladder anyways, only public games.
8)Etc.

Lets start with clan support / ladder bruh's , GOGO
01/26/2018 04:03 AMPosted by Rudeboy

I appreciate the official response but this post was a lot of vague text that looks like it was cookie-cuttered right out of a PR manual.

I'm not going to bother asking about the license fees since its obvious you'll just avoid that question like the plague, but here's a question you can hopefully answer and it's a really easy one: what exactly is Blizzard's involvement in ASL anyway?

Unless I'm very mistaken (and please do correct me if I'm wrong) ASL is paid, planned, produced and directed all by Afreeca. So I think a lot of us are very confused when you say you're actively engaging in dialogue because no one actually knows what Blizzard's role in ASL is to begin with.

this please
I don't wanna go back to being excited about ASL, I want to actually watch it.
First – apologies for the delay on commenting on this. We wanted to conduct our own investigation into the context/authenticity of the original post before jumping in, and strangely it has proven more difficult than we expected. We note that the post was deleted almost as soon as it was posted. Frankly, it also caught us a little off guard, as we and Afreeca have been finalizing plans for SCR esports before, during, and after that confusing post.

So, we’re still trying to get to the bottom of this issue, but what we can say is, we are fully committed to SCR as we always have been, and to SCR esports. Nothing has changed in that department, and we continue to engage in dialogue with Afreeca so we can all get back to being excited about an ASL S5!

Actually, someone on TL pointed out that the original post is still up, but you have to view it in Korean.

You said a lot of nothing, but I guess that's your job. What you did say is that there's an awful lot of "finalizing" and "dialogue" going on for quite some time now. You also said that after it we can "go back to being excited about it", so you confirm there's nothing to be excited about right now. You also say that nothing changed, so I assume you are still bullying and putting organizations/groups into a graveyard, as part of your long term "commitment to the game and community", ie. commitment to your own pockets and complete control. Which is funny and ironic, because you would probably get more money if you relaxed.

Get this into your head, if you want full control while doing nothing with it, you'll kill the game as you also don't allow others to do anything. So everyone does nothing, the game dies. Full control requires you to manage/organize/support tournaments, etc.

If you don't want to directly support/organize the community, that's fine, but then you can't keep wanting to control us and giving us restrictions and huge fees, as you do nothing in return that justifies it. The good old tyrannical adage.

You act worse than a lord in a feudal system. The lord demands exuberant taxes, but he at least provides protection and some organization in return, and he actually allows you to work his land, because he understands that to avoid a famine, someone must always plant food for everyone (him included). You allow us to do nothing, and instead of helping us, you bash us over the head every few of years, or more often than not.
Nice excercise in PR, now can you guys get back to the whole loveletter to BW and reviving the scene stuff? :) Thx appreciate it

What are you in dialogue about? How much money you can milk out of a non-profitable endeavor by Afreeca? Either help or step aside.
Posted by Khalmanac

So how long will it takes you guys at Blizzard to tell Afreeca they can proceed with their tournament, the ASL 5, with your permission?
Considering they broke 1.16 with a faulty Remastered product this whole ASL thing and their exorbinant license fees are a slap to the face of all of us die hard BW fans. The dev team is doing the best they can, but its pretty obvious that some pisspoor decisions were made up the chain. BW in Korea is the father of modern esports, and we are OG hardcore gamers of one of the Blizz flagships. Blizzards reputation is 100% on the line with how they have handled Remastered, ASL and BW in general.
we are fully committed to SCR as we always have been, and to SCR esports.
You say this but StarCraft is not listed on your Esports tab or under more competitions https://esports.blizzard.com/en-us/ ??? Do you even care about StarCraft, or your fans??
01/28/2018 02:22 AMPosted by Veilofshadow
we are fully committed to SCR as we always have been, and to SCR esports.
You say this but StarCraft is not listed on your Esports tab or under more competitions https://esports.blizzard.com/en-us/ ??? Do you even care about StarCraft, or your fans??

wow just confirmed this. pretty sad that Blizzard doesn't consider BroodWar an esport monkaS
lol straight up trolled by blizz.

Very sad day, they have us with a hurricane of emotions.

This is why people believe some random dude with bad news from forums over anything blizzard has to say. You're unreliable blizz. Get your !@#$ together.
01/28/2018 11:10 PMPosted by Converse
This is why people believe some random dude with bad news from forums over anything blizzard has to say. You're unreliable blizz. Get your !@#$ together.

To be fair the random dude is Waxangel, a fairly reliable source of information.
And so the finger on the monkey's paw curls.