General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 11 Next
ASL5. Let it happen.

Or stop interferring with E-sports.

Or accept that SC:R is a cash grab.
/watch?v=SyMKC0UZxFw
@Blizzard it's time for a statement!

So many fans are disappointed...
It is time for a statement. This current no-communication is unacceptable!
Developers, please make yourself heard and give us your stance on this. You certainly didn't develop a new engine to see the game die within months. Just when i thought SC:R would be the next big thing, possibly even with some cash grabs (custom skins for casual games, avatars as DLCs or so...), there is just nothing and the game gets shut down by the creators themselves?
ASL5 or ATB or riot!
I have been following many different competitive scenes in my life, both eSport and IRL, yet there is nothing that sparks the same enthusiasm for me as SC:BW does. Blizzard your behavior is disgusting. I regret buying SC:R. Support Afreeca (!) and stop ruining thousands of people love for the best game ever made.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give ASL5
why blizzard? why dont u want to support your game? the greatest RTS of all time?

we bought the SCR, we support your game, people in korea want to host the ASL and many pro players want to play.

why are u doing this? i dont get it, it doesnt make sense.

life is not always about making millions you know?
Blizzard is all silent about this as well. You need to communicate better because this will be a PR problem. At least companies like Riot communicates with it's community.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give ASL5
#HelpOrStepAside !!
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give ASL5
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give ASL5
I've exchanged correspondence with Mike Morhaime and he assured me good news in the near future. Hopefully it's very near. Thanks so much for the support comrades. Long live Aiur!!!
01/22/2018 03:25 PMPosted by JacktheTerr
I've exchanged correspondence with Mike Morhaime and he assured me good news in the near future. Hopefully it's very near. Thanks so much for the support comrades. Long live Aiur!!!

20th Anniversary is in March, so that would be my guess. A number of people have been speculating that these blocks were related to whatever Blizzard has planned for the 20th Anniversary.

Either way, I suggest we keep this topic bumped in case this is just smoke and mirrors. Until we get an official statement on the matter.

edit: typo
hm.. even if there were anything in march, the ASL5 could have been long done if they just would have started on time :[
I honestly don't understand what the thought process is anymore. ATB2, you can at least argue that RM was almost out then we got no ATB3 and no ASL5 which is all ready and is being stopped by Blizzard.

Someone, please explain it to me because I just don't get it anymore! Blizzard, you aren't even doing squat here. You're just charging a large fee for Afreeca to run an event that sponsors your own game!

RM has turned out to be the worst possible news for the scene in years. What was supposed to help revitalize it has only halted the growth quite badly. All those bugs on release and news folks leaving due to frustration. Add on the fact that it affected a lot of community projects and it's just been a disaster. Now, the last haven of competitive BW is being negatively affected...

If Blizzard truly care for their fans, they would fix whatever is impending ASL5 and make sure it doesn't happen in the future!
01/17/2018 08:37 PMPosted by JacktheTerr
I just wanted to put this somewhere Blizzard will see it. I, as well as many Starcraft fans are very upset with the delay of the Afreeca StarLeagues. I know it is because Blizzard wants to squeeze every dollar from the Korean market. Which isn't that bad a thing, gotta get that paper. But when you ask for so much from a game that's almost 20 years old and most people who still care about it are die hard fans anyway, it leaves a gritty grimey feeling in my mouth. This feeling then becomes synonymous with Blizzard. I feel as if Blizzard is coming real close to losing fans.

re