3v1 Omega

Campaign Discussion
06/23/2018 08:55 AMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf
Why makes Dugalle a Vakylrie hero, though? Would it not make more sense to give him a special Battlecruiser
Because Mengsk is a BC already. Also, BC with missiles is Dreadnought already.
By the way, while I was playing your map, I noticed that Fenix was in the map as a zealot. Now maybe it's because there's something I'm missing from not having played any of the missions in the the Brood War Expansion yet (I want to beat Insurrection and Retribution first before I go to the Brood War Expansion), but isn't Fenix already dead around the time of Omega (heck, long before the events of Omega)? Why is he here as a zealot then?
06/23/2018 09:12 AMPosted by UEDCommander
Because Mengsk is a BC already. Also, BC with missiles is Dreadnought already.

Why not make the Aleksandr a Dreadnought hero, then?

I do not know, it feels weird to me to see Dugalle piloting a Valkyrie.
GeneralKrang: Fenix is a zealot only if you do not run the mod file. In-game his unit uses the infested kerrigan model and he is called 'Infested Zealot'. See this image: https://i.imgur.com/iRLUx9A.png

JohnnyZeWolf: There aren't any valkyrie heroes by default, and I wanted to make one.
06/23/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Pr0nogo
GeneralKrang: Fenix is a zealot only if you do not run the mod file. In-game his unit uses the infested kerrigan model and he is called 'Infested Zealot'. See this image: https://i.imgur.com/iRLUx9A.png

Well that explains why it looked so different when I ran it. Still feels a bit odd for him to be here though, considering his death in True Colors. But hey, who said you had to follow the script to create an alternate story, am I right? That is what the Staredit tool is for afterall. To create alternate stories and universes.

Hopefully I can get the actual Fenix image to appear soon. I'll probably figure out something.
06/23/2018 03:14 PMPosted by GeneralKrang
Well that explains why it looked so different when I ran it.
Also when the mod is not run the map's specially designed AI won't work, and so the purpose of map itself.

Still feels a bit odd for him to be here though
It's not him, it's a random infested zealot. Kerrigan has tons of them.

06/23/2018 01:44 PMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf
it feels weird to me to see Dugalle piloting a Valkyrie.
It's a frigate, not a fighter to be "piloted".
I don't understand what you're saying Krang. If you don't run the mod the unit, including the unit name, won't receive the mod changes. Fenix was never intended to be in the map, I just used his unit ID because it has hardcoded elements like faster movespeed due to Leg Enhancements being enabled by default and softcoded elements like the zealot wireframe that were impossible to change at the time of the mod's creation and even still are arduous to change in remastered. When you don't run the mod, you won't be facing the actual AI written for the project, and neither you, nor your allies, nor the AI will be using the new techtrees I've implemented, effectively ruining the experience as you are actually not interacting with 90% of the work I've done.
06/23/2018 03:41 PMPosted by UEDCommander

But its unit portrait is clearly of a fighter pilot.
06/23/2018 04:45 PMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf
But its unit portrait is clearly of a fighter pilot.
Navigator? Helmet with visual tactical interface and self-sustained life support for commanding officer? The Patriot being a modified model for tactical command duties? Pick one.
06/23/2018 03:43 PMPosted by Pr0nogo
I don't understand what you're saying Krang. If you don't run the mod the unit, including the unit name, won't receive the mod changes. Fenix was never intended to be in the map, I just used his unit ID because it has hardcoded elements like faster movespeed due to Leg Enhancements being enabled by default and softcoded elements like the zealot wireframe that were impossible to change at the time of the mod's creation and even still are arduous to change in remastered. When you don't run the mod, you won't be facing the actual AI written for the project, and neither you, nor your allies, nor the AI will be using the new techtrees I've implemented, effectively ruining the experience as you are actually not interacting with 90% of the work I've done.

06/23/2018 03:41 PMPosted by UEDCommander
Well that explains why it looked so different when I ran it.
Also when the mod is not run the map's specially designed AI won't work, and so the purpose of map itself.

Still feels a bit odd for him to be here though
It's not him, it's a random infested zealot. Kerrigan has tons of them.

06/23/2018 01:44 PMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf
it feels weird to me to see Dugalle piloting a Valkyrie.

OK. I think now I understand what you're trying to communicate to me. So Fenix is actually an infested Zealot, not actually Fenix. So it's a special zealot. Sorry about that. I probably should've made myself a little bit more clearer or something.

Right now, I'm still trying to figure out how to get the mod to work. None of the changes actually happened in the map when I played it that time unfortunately.

Maybe if I get some of my friends to try the mod, I'll finally get the map to work. Thank you for clearing that up for me, especially you Pr0nogo! Seriously, I've always wanted to play as the UED fleet in Omega! They're awesome!
Just running OMEGA.exe instead of playing StarCraft normally works for me.
06/23/2018 08:57 PMPosted by Pr0nogo
Just running OMEGA.exe instead of playing StarCraft normally works for me.

Alright then. And you said that everyone playing the map must use the OMEGA.exe also in order for it to work. Is that correct?
Yes.
06/23/2018 10:01 PMPosted by GeneralKrang
Alright then. And you said that everyone playing the map must use the OMEGA.exe also in order for it to work. Is that correct?
Welcome to SCBW modded campaigns world.
Awesome! Thank you guys for helping me out! I look forward to enjoying this map in its full capacity!
Made some stability fixes as the latest patch changed some stuff around. Some people on my discord server have been looking to get a game of this going, so jump onboard if you're interested.

https://discordapp.com/invite/s5SKBmY
2 July 2018-
fix: various command card tooltips
fix: wireframes for Patriot (DuGalle), Skitterer, Skywing, Interdictor
fix: numerous AI issues introduced in earlier SC:R patches
update: minor terrain optimization
add: cut-down hydra-style briefing