Global Matchmaking update

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Greetings all,

We've just deployed server side improvements towards our global matchmaking algorithm! These updates heavily favor more latency performant matchups.

Please give it a go and let us know what your experience. As always your feedback is very much appreciated.
5 games, is only giving me people from my country, is that ok? or coincidence.

EDIT: after around 15 games i have to honestly say that i cant find any particular difference. This is my experience from BOLIVIA, but this late "server side improvement" it might not been build for me, STUN server where the BIG deal for us, and people are commenting that "servers" are faster all around in my social StarCraft related chats and social media etc, little do they know there is no server but is a p2p connection and the only server service is the STUN UDP packaging that is making our games a little bit more stable.
Is MMR "region aware", meaning weighing games in regions differently? I think one of the issues with ELO (and maybe MMR?) was that if groups are isolated (closed pools) it's not an entirely effective overall measure. I would imagine US regions would be deflated a bit if adjusted somehow. Just curious about Blizzards approach to this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claude_Bloodgood
since the last patch im playing most of games TR10 Tr8 TR12,rare case playing TR16 extra, now with this update im facing players with a very low MMR despite me using IDS around 2500,2000.

but yeah games are low latency except one korean i faced that the games was TR16 L2
Tier System like sc2.
Update time?
02/08/2018 09:05 AMPosted by vorti
Update time?

It's live now.
When will you release ladder rankings like PGT / iCCUp? It makes it more fun for the players Blizzard Bruh's
Matt Sherman how about fixing the macbook cursor way too big?? it's really annoying to play with that.. and it's been like this since december started on one of your update's
i had posted about this so many times on bug forum's and every new path forum's and i got no answer of any of you..
Hello,
Do u plan to update sc2 match making too?
sc2 teamgame system looks pretty bad atm :)
I lag every game I join on US.West now, no matter through my home network or through mobile tethering. I can play fine without lag on Asia and Korea servers. Ports are also forwarded.
so because no one in my area/country/region is around my mmr 2500 I am matched against 1500-2000 mmr players and I receive no points from winning. Please back to last patch
Great patch. While D3 died. SC1 RM lives. SC1 RM got 3 content patches while D3 got not one. It's because of that i love here.
give the laggy latinos their own server, everyone else should be fine.
NO PUEDO INGRASAR A BATTLE.NET NO CON ESTA ACTUALIZACION TENGO INTERNET Y TODO PERO NO APARECE BATTLE.NET SE QUEDA EN NEGRO QUE PUEDO HACER PARA AREGALR ESO ME PUEDEN AYUDAR GRACIAS
02/09/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Elelegido
NO PUEDO INGRASAR A BATTLE.NET NO CON ESTA ACTUALIZACION TENGO INTERNET Y TODO PERO NO APARECE BATTLE.NET SE QUEDA EN NEGRO QUE PUEDO HACER PARA AREGALR ESO ME PUEDEN AYUDAR GRACIAS
if you can help me this new update I do not know if it's my internet but it does not let me enter battle.net it does not give me the option to enter battle.net help I want to play I'm good haha
02/08/2018 04:04 PMPosted by Matt Sherman
02/08/2018 09:05 AMPosted by vorti
Update time?

It's live now.
u play on us west
LAG
All red bars and lagging in all games since this update, what gives?