Patch 1.21.4

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
sad
It's pretty ridicolous. Almost a year after the release, and nothing works as it should, basic functionality is missing, tons of bugs still. Not even the stuff that they advertised the game with is in there...

Wanna not spend 500seconds in the que? Get a community recommended VPN... Want to not have a completely stupid replay folder? Get the community developed dev tool by a guy who is just learning to do programming, and yet is still doing a better job than Blizzard. Want to have clan functionality and a working leaderboard? Go to the community-created starlog.gg...

Notice a trend here? Either get more developers and fix the state of this game, or just admit that you cannot do it and hand it over to the community.

Thanks for the hard work. We understand that you currently do not have enough money or developers to actually finish the product that you have already sold to us. It's fine! It's okay. We don't mind.

Just let the community take over!
the new match making algorithm works great! thank you blizzard
03/31/2018 03:47 PMPosted by js1998
the new match making algorithm works great! thank you blizzard

no match making is still bad. im getting matched up vs same player again and again
Please fix the following bugs in the German SCR version:
- In the B.net screen the shortcut for leaving B.net overlaps with the turn on/off button for enter/leave messages
- In the network options menu the shortcut for low and extra high latency overlap with the shortcuts of the tabs
Any news on increasing the color palette for players during game? I miss the list of player colors that was available in Brood War (before remastered) :(.
03/06/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Matt Sherman
Greetings Cerebrates, Commanders, and Executors,

Patch 1.21.4 has arrived!

Features and Improvements
  • As part of StarCraft’s 20th-anniversary celebration, we’ve added another unique console to Remastered. The skin can be enabled via the game options menu. We really hope you enjoy it, and we thank you for your continual support over the last 20 years. https://starcraft2.com/en-us/sc20
  • Added Turn-Rate 20 and 24 support
  • Optimized performance of the interface elements for Gateway, Registry, Ranked Info, and Leaderboard Screens.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue causing ranked matches to frequently fail and re-queue.
  • Crashes occurring during the join game process.
  • Mac oversized cursor on Retina displays.
  • Turn rate not displaying
  • Fixed an issue where typing in Japanese and Traditional Chinese would cause a disconnect.
  • Removed the Linked Profile option from the UI.

Thanks for the update! But however I have a problem. For some reason all my games are 1 bar (red bar) even though when I play a game, it works fine. Well sorta fine, have to play extra but still but if i do that.
03/31/2018 06:26 AMPosted by fazek42
It's pretty ridicolous. Almost a year after the release, and nothing works as it should, basic functionality is missing, tons of bugs still. Not even the stuff that they advertised the game with is in there...

Wanna not spend 500seconds in the que? Get a community recommended VPN... Want to not have a completely stupid replay folder? Get the community developed dev tool by a guy who is just learning to do programming, and yet is still doing a better job than Blizzard. Want to have clan functionality and a working leaderboard? Go to the community-created starlog.gg...

Notice a trend here? Either get more developers and fix the state of this game, or just admit that you cannot do it and hand it over to the community.

Thanks for the hard work. We understand that you currently do not have enough money or developers to actually finish the product that you have already sold to us. It's fine! It's okay. We don't mind.

Imo they should just bring back 1.16. It was in my eyes, a perfect patch. No lag, I prefered the old battle.net menu look (IMO). And I just had fun. Sure we now have pretty graphic's, but that doesn't matter to me. What ever makes this game plays at its best, that's what you want (especially with sc). I like how there trying their best bring back sc1 from the dead, but honestly they I'd rather see this game die looking it as a masterpiece, rather than seeing the game go on for longer and me thinking it lost it's charm.
03/07/2018 04:41 PMPosted by The100YOU
Thanks for this update !!!

Cant wait for 2v2 and BWAPI.

Is there any chance we can get a build in TOURNAMENT module? even for offline UDP/LAN games please? can you people consider this at any time in the future?.

Also please try to make replay mode a little bit better for people that are learning, maybe just add the workers numbers. And also please add a toggle for observers to chat in game as in old days.

Keep up the good work !!!

Added Turn-Rate 20 and 24 support

That is AWESOME !!! thanks.

I'll only be happy with this, as long as they implement it in the OG SC. Otherwise, no I rather not. because i'll have to stop playing this, it's because most people will just hit matchmaking. If your wondering why I can't just get the remaster, Well that's kinda simple why. Me computer is !@#$, with me being a console gamer my entire life, and plus no job yet. Let's just hope that blizzard puts in matchmaking in OG SC, cus hey more people = more fun :).
03/07/2018 06:30 PMPosted by A2GMAN
So the 20th anniversary skin will only unlock for people who have remastered Ed. Not for for the people who have got the F2P Version of starcraft.

I know man it sucks for the people who were long time fans of this game. Even if I had a powerful enough computer to run remaster. I would still probably play OG when I can. Main reason why is because the game is a'lot harder to see for me (due to my bad eyesight). So if i want to do well in remaster, I'd have to wear me glasses. And I don't want to do that because every time I blink, I have a risk of my eyelashes falling into my eyes xD. I really wish the OG people get the same amount of attention as the remaster people. After all, Blizzard said that the OG can play with Remasters too. And sure they want money which is far enough, but I thought the only reason why people play Re is due to better graphic's.
03/30/2018 05:45 AMPosted by 하이하이영
에디터는 어떻게 실행하나요? 유즈맵을 만들고싶은데 에디터가 사라졌네요 ㅠ 늦었지만알려주시면 감사하겠습니다

ni hao
z
04/03/2018 12:46 AMPosted by FieryChar
03/31/2018 06:26 AMPosted by fazek42

Imo they should just bring back 1.16. It was in my eyes, a perfect patch. No lag, I prefered the old battle.net menu look (IMO). And I just had fun. Sure we now have pretty graphic's, but that doesn't matter to me. What ever makes this game plays at its best, that's what you want (especially with sc). I like how there trying their best bring back sc1 from the dead, but honestly they I'd rather see this game die looking it as a masterpiece, rather than seeing the game go on for longer and me thinking it lost it's charm.

Yeah, funny thing is, I still play on SD graphics (which they managed to make a lot worse) whenever I play anyway, because I get only like 40-50 FPS in HD...
^_^
Greetings Cerebrates, Commanders, and Executors,

Patch 1.21.4 has arrived!

Features and Improvements
  • As part of StarCraft’s 20th-anniversary celebration, we’ve added another unique console to Remastered. The skin can be enabled via the game options menu. We really hope you enjoy it, and we thank you for your continual support over the last 20 years. https://starcraft2.com/en-us/sc20
  • Added Turn-Rate 20 and 24 support
  • Optimized performance of the interface elements for Gateway, Registry, Ranked Info, and Leaderboard Screens.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue causing ranked matches to frequently fail and re-queue.
  • Crashes occurring during the join game process.
  • Mac oversized cursor on Retina displays.
  • Turn rate not displaying
  • Fixed an issue where typing in Japanese and Traditional Chinese would cause a disconnect.
  • Removed the Linked Profile option from the UI.

Any chance you guys can put matchmaking in SC BW? I reckon that could help the game live longer. Cheers.
04/05/2018 02:06 AMPosted by fazek42
04/03/2018 12:46 AMPosted by FieryChar

Yeah, funny thing is, I still play on SD graphics (which they managed to make a lot worse) whenever I play anyway, because I get only like 40-50 FPS in HD...

Yeah they have the graphic's worse have they. The funny thing is they made an update trying to fix that, but still have not succeed XD. It's like there trying to kill SC BW on purpose or something like that. You can still play Iccup, which unfortunately is nearly dead :(. Now i've only played Iccup at the exact time I made that post, so maybe I was playing when it was 4 am for korean. 1.16 just needs to come back.
Hey guys! I found a video that in my eyes said some good points. The guy in who made the video goes by the name ZevooxGAMES!. He made two videos saying why Blizzard is hurting sc bw. I'll put the two videos here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulGy8iCZqvE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgPZY4_-6lI&t=723s

Now he is not judging the later patches. He's only talking about 1.18 and I think remaster too.

He also checks his comments a'lot so if have any questions ask him really anything. He is currently sick though so he may not get to your comment quickly.
Getting so many phantom games at 1500 mmr when off-racing with zerg..
I am actually happy with where StarCraft is at now :)...

A few things I would like as "improvement" is adding extra player/base colors and fix what seems to be a bug that SCVs seem to forget what to build when they're sent to build something over a somewhat long distance across the map.

Just thinking/hoping out loud here....