Patch 4.1

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Greetings Cerebrates, Commanders, and Executors,

Patch 4.1 has arrived!

Features and Improvements
  • Increased overall Supply limit to 201.
  • Unit selection limit is now measured in Supply units
    • For example, you can select 24 Zerglings, but only 2 Battlecruisers.

Developer Note: This was actually intended at launch, but the technology just wasn’t ready yet. We think this will encourage different styles of play based on army composition.

Terran:
  • Goliaths will now occasionally fall over when walking over difficult terrain.
    • Developer Note: We felt the Goliath was too powerful. This seemed like the obvious fix.

• Goliaths are now always online.
    • Ion Thrusters: To comply with new federal regulations for high-speed vehicles, this upgrade now also increases the cost of all Vultures built by 11 minerals to cover additional vehicle insurance.

Protoss:
  • Dragoons can no longer turn left.
    • Developer Note: Dragoons can still make three right turns to achieve a left turn. We expect this change to encourage greater micro at high levels of play.
    • The voice line “You must construct additional pylons” has been re-recorded to sound a bit less angry.

Zerg:
  • Overlord supply cost is now 2.
  • Mutalisks are now called “Mutalicks”
    • Zergling Happiness is now displayed in a new UI element. This UI also displays the favorite food of each Zergling.
      Developer Note: Please make sure to feed your zerglings! Many players ignore this critical game mechanic.

Bug fixes:
    • Fixed a bug where spider mines of opposing players would sometimes be invisible.
    • Fixed an audio bug where Overlords would often garble unintelligibly instead of speaking their intended voice lines.
    • Fixed a bug where Zerg units could not move while burrowed.

Cheers,

Classic Games.
    Now I'm ready to take my StarCraft game to the next level. Thanks Blizz!
    Hahahaaaa thank you for that one xD
    Apr 1 -102
    Face facts Blizz.
    Even if you added these joke changes in BW would still be better than SC2.
    Thank god Dragoons can no longer turn left. Not everyone is an ambiturner.
    Goliaths always online! Finally blizzz, thanks so much.

Question though, is Zergling happiness an indication of the average Zergling happiness for all the swarm, or the happiness of each individual Zergling selected? I want them all to be happy!
    Fool's day patch?
    Oh boy i cant wait to test those fantastic changes!!
    Oh wait.....
    Happy Fool's day everyone :D
    04/01/2018 10:02 AMPosted by NettleS
    Face facts Blizz.
    Even if you added these joke changes in BW would still be better than SC2.

Who hurt you?
    QUESTION: Does the Dragoon fix effect Fenix?
    Man, I wish these were actually programmed in just for today, that'd be hilarious.
    Why has the bug where units deal damage not been fixed yet? It's really annoying when my units take damage from enemy attacks.
    I have re-turned.
    -Dragoon 2018.
    i actually got excited for a second for the buffs/nerfs until i realized its was troll post =[
    Great one, Blizzard! Keep the jokes, ehm.. good work coming.
    03/31/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Matt Sherman
    Greetings Cerebrates, Commanders, and Executors,

Patch 4.1 has arrived!

Features and Improvements
  • Increased overall Supply limit to 201.
  • Unit selection limit is now measured in Supply units
    • For example, you can select 24 Zerglings, but only 2 Battlecruisers.

Developer Note: This was actually intended at launch, but the technology just wasn’t ready yet. We think this will encourage different styles of play based on army composition.

Terran:
  • Goliaths will now occasionally fall over when walking over difficult terrain.
    • Developer Note: We felt the Goliath was too powerful. This seemed like the obvious fix.

• Goliaths are now always online.
    • Ion Thrusters: To comply with new federal regulations for high-speed vehicles, this upgrade now also increases the cost of all Vultures built by 11 minerals to cover additional vehicle insurance.

Protoss:
  • Dragoons can no longer turn left.
    • Developer Note: Dragoons can still make three right turns to achieve a left turn. We expect this change to encourage greater micro at high levels of play.
    • The voice line “You must construct additional pylons” has been re-recorded to sound a bit less angry.

Zerg:
  • Overlord supply cost is now 2.
  • Mutalisks are now called “Mutalicks”
    • Zergling Happiness is now displayed in a new UI element. This UI also displays the favorite food of each Zergling.
      Developer Note: Please make sure to feed your zerglings! Many players ignore this critical game mechanic.

Bug fixes:
    • Fixed a bug where spider mines of opposing players would sometimes be invisible.
    • Fixed an audio bug where Overlords would often garble unintelligibly instead of speaking their intended voice lines.
    • Fixed a bug where Zerg units could not move while burrowed.

Cheers,

Classic Games.

ROFL. Ah man this made my day! Thanks!
    04/01/2018 10:53 AMPosted by HeatedEos
    Man, I wish these were actually programmed in just for today, that'd be hilarious.

I agree that would be awesome XD, one day we are going to have a working version of Broodwar, like OpenBW but made official and by the community, how many years for this who knows...
    "Goliaths are now always online" love this one
    April Fools Joke Or Real?
    I actually got excited for a sec lmao.