Patch 1.21.5

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 15 Next
I'm personally really happy that colors are now red vs blue, being red/green colorblind, I've had issues in matches, especially in a matchup like ZvZ, where brown lings and red lings look the same to me.

Red vs Blue has always been my favorite colors to use, no confusion between them and they're nice and vibrant.
Also, history does not work for me and stats shows 15k apm average.
Anyone else ?
So I am afraid that when TMM gets rolled out it might miss the mark when it's first released. I think you guys might start putting feelers out on some of the important details that I fear may get botched.

There should be two ways to join, solo (public allies ~ same mmr) or with a team.
Teams have hosts. The hosts choose maps from list if he will play one or any of these. There is an estimated wait time for selections visible to everyone in the lobby screen.

Individuals select "Ranked" > "Team" (includes 2v2/3v3/4v4) > game selection screen. This screen also has estimated waits based on which selections based on map and how many players (2v2/3v3/4v4). Each map can have a checkbox next to it (and a thumbnail that expands) and if you check it you're willing to play it. You can check as many or few as you want. Players need to know up front if there's going to be a game or not. The most boring thing about this game is waiting around for the next game. If there's no game, we'd rather go do something else or play UMS or something.

Include a ton of maps. Let people play random maps (this is really fun). Include a select all maps button to check all the boxes for solo joining with publics. Include a MOTW system.

Include all the Iccup maps, all proleague maps, hunters, bgh, iron curtain, chariots of fire, sparkle, seongangil and fixed position maps (not currently supported).
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/231185-2v2-shared-bases-maps?view=all

Have a map contest after fixed position maps have been added. Have another map contest after any other improvements to the map editor have been made. Additional improvements to the map editor and map framework would have big returns on possibilities and playability.

3v3, 4v4 and larger maps in general have really not been explored in a competitive scene just because there's never been a platform for competitive games using them. Some of this is due to lag issues (esp in 4v4). Larger maps also have mini map scaling issues @ 192 sizes. There's a big opportunity to improve the game and bring value where there has been little.

There needs to be a rematch feature after the game where you go back to the lobby and players can re-evaluate if they want to play another map or the same map or someone needs to swap out for another player. Also need a add "2 minutes to the countdown timer" button or feature for breaks and a "start now" that all players could press to start.

Initially 2v2 may be easiest to roll out on the existing 1v1 map selection framework. That's fine, I think the faster the better. However, this map selection framework I don't think is ideal. People get sick of the small selection and restriction that you must play at least one or two maps you may dislike depending on the pool. It's just easier to maintain and more user friendly//fun if you allow more options.

We're interested in hearing any details you guys may want to give us about how and when it is coming.
Thanks
can we please have an option to change resolution in the game, and not have it based on desktop resolution or similar things.
I'm having major issues due to this, so just having the option to adjust your resolution would fix a lot for me.
I liked random colours. Can you please make this an option? I understand that there are colorblind people, but they are not the majority at all, hence this should be a toggleable option. It's a pretty !@#$e idea to force the same colours on people again and again... Why would you do this to us non-colourblind people?
04/13/2018 04:50 PMPosted by fazek42
I liked random colours. Can you please make this an option? I understand that there are colorblind people, but they are not the majority at all, hence this should be a toggleable option. It's a pretty !@#$e idea to force the same colours on people again and again... Why would you do this to us non-colourblind people?

So I untoggle the red/blue option, and I match up with a colorblind person... What then? Maybe thinking through suggestions before complaining is a better idea.
"There are three main kinds of color blindness, based on photopigment defects in the three different kinds of cones that respond to blue, green, and red light. Red-green color blindness is the most common, followed by blue-yellow color blindness. A complete absence of color vision —total color blindness – is rare."

Notice there is no mention of red-blue color blindness. I'm not sure such a thing even exists. There's a reason most games use red vs blue for their default.
Return random color.
Or мake the color settings in the game settings.
04/13/2018 06:38 PMPosted by Achaean

So I untoggle the red/blue option, and I match up with a colorblind person... What then? Maybe thinking through suggestions before complaining is a better idea.

Put red + blue on shift-tab option. Easy solution.
All of my replays are gone and the history tab in profile is emty.

All of them were custom games, just wanted to ask, do history affect only ladder now?
04/13/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Exceed
Red vs Blue has always been my favorite colors to use, no confusion between them and they're nice and vibrant.

That is only your opinion and questionable taste.
I have different opinion AND I want my colors BACK.
04/14/2018 01:30 AMPosted by UEDCommander
04/13/2018 06:38 PMPosted by Achaean

Put red + blue on shift-tab option. Easy solution.
So did they make it red/blue and disable shift+tab?
can u give an option so we can pick our prefered color or just leave it like it was before with random colors ? i dont wanna play red vs blue or green vs red always,
in 2018 instead of giving we are just getting less and less.whats next ? maybe remove mutas from the game ?
Instead of forcing everyone to use red and blue why not give color blind people the RED+BLUE option for shift tab in the settings in place for what we have now?
The colors don't seem to be completely working, currently it seems like it is random between red, blue, and green(teal?). Not just Blue vs Red.
04/12/2018 02:16 PMPosted by Matt Sherman
Greetings Cerebrates, Commanders, and Executors,

Patch 1.21.5 has arrived!

Features and Improvements
  • Updated the Frontier League Map pool to replace Jade and Match Point with ASL Season 5 maps Transistor and Gladiator.
  • Red vs Blue is now the default player colors for Top vs Bottom multiplayer 1v1 games.
  • Optimized Battle.net player profile performance.
  • Streamlined basic chat command help by listing all available commands when the user types /help.
  • Multiplayer setting including the game name, map file, game type, teams, speed, and turn rate are now preserved even after a player re-logs.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a crash that was intermittently happening upon launch.
  • Fix for player receiving “Error# 112 Storm Error” after attempting to load saved custom games.
  • Character data such as time played, and overall stats were carrying over if players created profiles using the same name in different regions.
04/12/2018 02:16 PMPosted by Matt Sherman
Greetings Cerebrates, Commanders, and Executors,

Patch 1.21.5 has arrived!

Features and Improvements
  • Updated the Frontier League Map pool to replace Jade and Match Point with ASL Season 5 maps Transistor and Gladiator.
  • Red vs Blue is now the default player colors for Top vs Bottom multiplayer 1v1 games.
  • Optimized Battle.net player profile performance.
  • Streamlined basic chat command help by listing all available commands when the user types /help.
  • Multiplayer setting including the game name, map file, game type, teams, speed, and turn rate are now preserved even after a player re-logs.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a crash that was intermittently happening upon launch.
  • Fix for player receiving “Error# 112 Storm Error” after attempting to load saved custom games.
  • Character data such as time played, and overall stats were carrying over if players created profiles using the same name in different regions.
There is some trouble, after patch then use alt+tab in game for explorer, video gamma correction is self return to min(dark gamma) ,so after use alt+tab ,everytime resetting gamma corrention. it's too inconvenience. please need answer.
Thank you for the new patch! :D