Immersion-breaking pixellation, bad remaster

General Discussion
Hey people, it's perfectly fine to dislike the way the remaster looks over 1.16.1. Everyone is different and has a different way of seeing things, different perspectives.

The question that we all know the obvious answer to is: is this the potential of the Blizzard that we know?

Imagine the remaster would have been done 6 years after the vanilla SC came out (2004), would it have been better done?
05/25/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Templarfreak
You literally read like one sentence and then ignored the rest of my entire post. This is why there is no argument to actually counter here, because no real points are made. For starters, pretty much all Pr0's opinions are either strictly that, an opinion, which I have every right to be as dismissive and malicious against as he is against the Remaster itself, or that the graphics are poorly done. Well, simply put, they aren't, and I gave plenty of reasons why. They are not as inconsistent as he claims, or at least not with themselves but I suppose in comparison to Brood War they are. The "Stickerness" that everyone complains about is for the most part simply looking into details that aren't actually there. I can't find myself agreeing with a single building that looks like it's "sticked on".

Wrong, you actually made the rose tinted statement multiple times.

There are literally issues with lighting and perspective on almost every single graphic. FFS, the Marine, Dragoon, and Goliath are clearly rendered at totally different angles from almost every other unit in the game (These units are almost at a totally top-down perspective, whereas other units such as the Zealot and Firebat are not). This is because these graphics are older than most other ones in the game, about a year older.

The marine? the dragoon? not really, I'll give you the Goliath (who also has a shadowing problem)

Actually, the original Archon is also off-center. See for yourself: https://imgur.com/a/in0d5PI

Eh, barely, the fact you have to use bright red lines to measure it shows that its not particularly noticeable. (I'll grant you the side profile though)

The remaster decides to make this worse.

So, if you dislike this about the Remaster than you must dislike this about the original game, right? Right??? It's not that you're just baselessly bashing the Remaster just because right??? It's because you want a higher quality standard right??? So why does that not apply to Brood War??? Or if it does then why are you cherry-picking??? You see how bad your argument is???

Are you this retarded? no it doesn't apply because the remaster somehow fks up even more EVEN THE ARCHON YOU BROUGHT UP, the remaster does WORSE, how the hell is that not strengthening my argument, mate?

This is exactly what I am talking about when I say rose-tinted. You see what you want to see without looking at it objectively.

Oh fk off with this "you're a nostalgist" unprovable claim.

What "weird" Interceptor? What's weird about it?

Its sprite being flipped.

05/25/2018 01:30 PMPosted by Templarfreak
Again, I don't see the "stickerness" or the problem with the shadow. The shadow is at the same angle as the Zergling. The shadows are also now at an angle instead of being straight-down like the SD graphics, though, for some reason, which changes the way the perspective looks.

Now it looks like they're pasted on instead of actually on a battlefield, so this... whatever this was doesn't counter that point.

05/25/2018 01:30 PMPosted by Templarfreak
But if your reasoning is because of the shadow, okay, sure. So then the SD Spawning Pool should look stickery, right?

I agree, both the SD and the HD spawning pool look bizarre.

Now look at all the other Zerg units and structures between the two and your argument is null. but I guess i'm just being a rose-tinted nostalgist for bringing up the fact that most of the Zerg buildings in the original DON'T have this issue.

lmao.
I miss the 1.16 graphics. They looked so nice and unique. Ever since the remaster, I haven't really played SC too often. For me, the remaster feels bland and just gives off a off feel to it.
05/29/2018 06:12 AMPosted by FieryChar
I miss the 1.16 graphics. They looked so nice and unique. Ever since the remaster, I haven't really played SC too often. For me, the remaster feels bland and just gives off a off feel to it.
You're not the only one with that feeling.
The main issue I have is the new rendering filter. Many of the UI elements are also shifted. This is a comparison of 1.16 and 1.18, but their rendering technique hasn't changed since then. I'm sure this is causing issues for the remastered graphics as well.

https://imgur.com/pr47bzi

https://imgur.com/TvqbDD1