Blizzard dont forget please

General Discussion
Add a worker count for replay and observer mode, even KSL casters are requesting it, ask anyone.

workers numbers - workers idle - total number of workers killed in game.

please deliver

thank you
Dearly - JimboME
for learning specially for zvz for me really important to count workers
no need for workers numbers, you can pause the game and count by dragging a box over the workers, i have no idea how counting the workers can help you
07/19/2018 12:40 PMPosted by ElsoCrazy
for learning specially for zvz for me really important to count workers

zvz is the last matchup i would use it. it is not so hard to count from 1 to 12 or so.
07/19/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Andy4K
no need for workers numbers, you can pause the game and count by dragging a box over the workers, i have no idea how counting the workers can help you
When casting you need to be able to quickly filter useful information to the broadcast, worker numbers are basic stats that help to illustrate whether one player is ahead of the other economically and can be used to add weight to any analysis in an environment that doesn't have the luxury of pausing the game to count by hand.
07/19/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Pr0nogo
When casting you need to be able to quickly filter useful information to the broadcast, worker numbers are basic stats that help to illustrate whether one player is ahead of the other economically and can be used to add weight to any analysis in an environment that doesn't have the luxury of pausing the game to count by hand.

I do not want to know exactly how much somebody is ahead. In Replay mode in do not care, if there are worker counts or not, but for Observer mode there should not be the analyzing tools that SC2 has available.
If they are, they would be used in tournaments, taking the fun out of watching for many players.

Casters like Artosis and Tasteless do not want this features to be added into the game because they know what it did to the SC2 viewing experience.

07/19/2018 11:33 AMPosted by JimboME
Add a worker count for replay and observer mode, even KSL casters are requesting it, ask anyone.

Who are you referring to? In KSL Artosis said it would be nice to know how many workers were killed in that PvP, that does not mean that he wants this feature to be added into the game.

Adding these analysis tools would be a mistake imo.

It was a feature in mca launcher. In general its a good rule of thumb to implement everything that the community had implemented for itself via launchers (because that's stuff that we want / need)

And yep, that is for replays.
As jimmy (JimboME) and we talked about it in person the solution is no brainer, give us all the information we can have to get better at replay, for observer mode leave it as it is right now, the streams and casting have to be as it always been CLASSIC, just leave the option for observer mode to have this, you can turn them on and off period, if artosis ever turns the workers count on or off is because something like yesterday happened with those Reaver bombs etc... but that does not mean it has to always be on.
07/20/2018 07:01 AMPosted by The100YOU
but that does not mean it has to always be on.

If it is added for Observer mode, it is always going to be on. And if its only by the broadcasters to avoid catching flak by those who want it on no matter what.

Sorry, I think, it is naive to believe that.
lol, i trust that people that dont want to use it wont, like dont make a nice feature off just because you dont like to use it?, that is some medieval logic.
i have no idea how counting the workers can help you

Well, maybe you shouldn't be talking about things that you know nothing about. :^)

There are plenty of reasons. Worker counts in all kinds of matchups and buildorders are important to keep quick track of. In some builds, Worker count is the tell-tale sign of what a person's given build even is.
I think it should be added, it's mostly after game stuff that helps to analyse the game better, also it's more comfortable for casters to cast games.
07/20/2018 08:13 AMPosted by The100YOU
lol, i trust that people that dont want to use it wont, like dont make a nice feature off just because you dont like to use it?, that is some medieval logic.

You must be very naive. I hope you are lucky in life, because you are going to need it.
07/20/2018 08:13 AMPosted by The100YOU

Almost like you with racepicking :)
"add a worker count, for replays only"

"add number of workers killed"

"add new colors"

Really? It couldn't have been the lack of bad "features" such as bad pathing being fixed and lack of balance?
I honestly don't really agree with a worker counter. I think that would take away the surprise in the games (imo).
It was a feature you had with the macLauncher used during the iccup era.

Only available when watching replay and observing game ofc. It's a great tool to improve your play and understand why you lost/win a game.

I realy miss it when i go back to my replay to check my mistakes.
the worker counter is important to learn in specific games specially those that are mirrored gosu players come back by making weird combinations of workers and army, this is completely intuitive to the, but for the rest of us we must study.

another reason to have this is simply because most people learning have head that you must never stop building workers, which is very annoying considering you must stop at some point right? because the other person has more army and such

i cant even start to explain the importance of workers numbers, also workers killed and workers idle.

07/22/2018 09:10 PMPosted by FieryChar
I honestly don't really agree with a worker counter. I think that would take away the surprise in the games (imo).

what are you talking about? this wont be used inside the game