Patch Preview: New Ranking System

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
Please leave your comments about the new ranking system and other changes coming to patch 1.22.0 in this thread. Thank you!
quick questions:

- You will only play people from your rank?
- What are you going to do about smurfs? i know that there will be a system that will place players based on old stats, that means also that in the future if a pro person wants to create a new account what will happen? how will you track that?
- its the MMR now going to be included in /stats ?
- Are we getting specialized chats for people of the same rank.

thank you.
And also maybe when its coming out? after KSl?

one questions i find very important is the chat one... we will have chats based for specific ranks?
THANKS FOR 2v2 LADDER BLIZZARD. i del this game.
1 boring year of 1v1 with 50 another players at EU and still no team ladder.
No comments....
is this really happening right now !!

WOW greatest news since release congrats team !

Same questions as hydra2018 i guess, do you only play your rank? how that works???

also can you change the D and E rank, simple... i play for over 15 years now, i know i suck, but please make 1400 - 1550 to be D please.... don't be mean, this game is hard. Or at least add a new top level rank like S++ or GOSU !! LEGEND WHATEVER !!!

please think about it... you will see how many poele that play all days cant just break the 1500 mmr thing... which is hard for us that are just not that good.

please change the letter to something more... good for everyone.

also this:

07/18/2018 11:36 AMPosted by hydra2018
What are you going to do about smurfs? i know that there will be a system that will place players based on old stats, that means also that in the future if a pro person wants to create a new account what will happen? how will you track that?

I know that a reason why i lose so much games is that some players are REALLY GOOD and have new accounts etc, how are you going to fight against this?

its ladder going to be global now?

ALSO WHERE ARE THE "+" and "-" signs? are you going to implement those to mean people are close to being promoted or demoted? please blizz...
bring back the keyboard rating :P

https://iccup.com/templates/images/rank/cpu.jpg
A year has passed since Remastered was released.
Blizzard, where is team ladder 2v2, 3v3 ?
This system place me at E which makes me fell like a noob. :( good job making me sad
hey i was B on iccup and now i have to be D??? no !@#$ing way, fix that blizzard this is not fish,
I'm pretty bummed that some portraits will only be available to players who reach certain ranks. I love grinding for collectibles but I'm not sure I'll ever catch up in skill enough to reach S League...
07/18/2018 11:52 AMPosted by MadCatz
A year has passed since Remastered was released.
Blizzard, where is team ladder 2v2, 3v3 ?

wait few more years bro. they trying to make it ^^
is it coming this year ???
07/18/2018 11:47 AMPosted by The100YOU
also can you change the D and E rank, simple... i play for over 15 years now, i know i suck, but please make 1400 - 1550 to be D please

what?? you make no sense bro, you meant it being C instead?
People complaining about where they get placed, lol
07/18/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Babo
is it coming this year ???
Seconded.
07/18/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Final
07/18/2018 11:47 AMPosted by The100YOU
also can you change the D and E rank, simple... i play for over 15 years now, i know i suck, but please make 1400 - 1550 to be D please

what?? you make no sense bro, you meant it being C instead?

hahahha sounds crazy right? check this:

S = 2471 +
A = 2015 - 2470
B = 1698 - 2014
C = 1549 - 1697
D = 1427 - 1548
E = 1137 - 1426
F = 0 - 1136

They want D to be 1427 !!! i played iccup before and players that are that mmr are definitively NOT D XD

D should be 1350 - 1480 or so i dunno... just change it @Blizzard.

realize this errors:

A - 2015 - 2470 do you have any idea how hard is to win those games???, make S inside the 2350 - 2470 range, and then add a new rank that is higher, like why not give player numbers? like you are top 50, top 20, number 1 !!

F - i personally have never seen anyone with such lower mmr like 1000, people leave the game before that even happens or create a new account, make F like: 0 - 1250, and then squish everything, you have to realize players will like a way to "fell" they are accomplishing something, WITH YOUR SYSTEM PEOPLE WILL BE STUCK AT D and E FOREVER!!! trust me, break 1500 is NOT easy, that is actually harder than you think.

Dont make people that play a lot fell like they are E and D forever.
About the upcoming patch:

Amazing! - I cannot wait for it to go live!
Well done.

I think the rank borders are good.

I love the rewards for the ranks.

What interests me the most at the moment is, when the new ladder starts!

---------
About ladder in general:

I hear that people in EU need to use VPNs to get games at around 2400 MMR, just where S rank starts.

In order to have the global leader boards and the skill groups really mean something, we need to play against Koreans too - this is especially important for players who are approaching S rank where European/American/etc. players become scarce.
that's even worse, yes D and E are wrong blizzard good you created this thread to read this beforehand.
2v2 or 3v3 ladder system is dream
wake up people
never gonna happen
[Quote from above]
quick questions:

- You will only play people from your rank?
No its based on a range of points. You play people within a range relative to yours. Letters are arbitrary.
- What are you going to do about smurfs? i know that there will be a system that will place players based on old stats, that means also that in the future if a pro person wants to create a new account what will happen? how will you track that?

They can make a new name like anyone else. Why can't they start back over with 0-0? Your question doesn't make sense. Nobody needs to track anything.

- its the MMR now going to be included in /stats ?
This has been how it's working already for a few months now.
- Are we getting specialized chats for people of the same rank.
Why do we need that if the MM system finds players. This isn't iccup, no need to spam channels for games. That system was kinda garbage.