Patch Preview: New Ranking System

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
Thanks dev team! Can't wait for the new patch.

Here are some of my thoughts:
  • The +/- subdivision of ranks is I think something people really liked. Any plan to include that?
  • The eye-candy/cosmetics are nice... ^_^
  • MMR decay sounds good! Imo, it's needed since we'll be using that percentile based rank system. I'm looking forward to seeing how that will work out. Might be really interesting. Also, inb4 someone has 100-0 stats (but bad rank) because of MMR decay. :D
  • So, like some people already said, we'll see how it is once we get the patch. But thank you very much for working on this, BW is very dear to a lot of us.
    Please display the race of each player in the diplomacy tab, alot of times on ladder players miss to see what race the opponent picked. Thank you.
    Major reaction : Ranking should be more narrow (ex, SS or F)
    i think that rank should be more flexible nobody wants to have the same letter for months or years even, add the symbols = + and -, or even ++ or --, or like change color to the batch, whatever... but people dont like the idea of playing 10 games and having the same output, this game is hard, make it fun Blizzard.
    hey look it's what should've come with the game on release day xd
    As far as "smurf pros" bashing on newbs, the game search algorithm could prioritize similar number of games played. So new accounts are likely to play other new accounts and less likely to play someone with many games with a true 1500 MMR.

Of course they could still intentionally lose games to keep a low MMR, but at least it makes trolling more difficult. And then seasoned players making new accounts for whatever reason are more likely to get better games earlier on, playing against other high level MMR players with low number of games played.
    give me some 2:2 rank system!

PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAASE!
    07/18/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Traysent
    Please leave your comments about the [url="https://starcraft.com/en-us/articles/21953989"]new ranking system[/url] and other changes coming to patch 1.22.0 in this thread. Thank you!

On LoL players sell ranks. How will Blizzard combat this kind of issue ? A player pay for a random S guy to play it's first five games. Will you sign in ip ? Or what ?
    Another great patch, thanks Blizzard! But please, add the - / + sub ranks in between the letter ranks E / D- / D / D+ / C- / C / C+ / B- / B / B+ / A- / A / A+ / S / S+ then Olympic, as there are players well over 2.4K+, it only makes sense to use the same PGTour style ladder ranking.

Please take this into consideration, and thanks.
    This ranked system is amazing,and please consider to add a unranked matchmaking system too,people need unranked system.
    07/20/2018 06:47 AMPosted by dukepersie
    This ranked system is amazing,and please consider to add a unranked matchmaking system too,people need unranked system.

people can do that through custom games, its basically the same thing
    Your motivation should be the game itself and not a number next to your name. Great Job, agree on the server mergers at least US East and West!

Also will the ranks be race specific like in SC2?
    That looks cool
    can i buy points?
    The decay penalty seems harsh to me. Go on vacation two weeks and you lose 10-20% of your MMR? How long does it take to get back up? 5 games a week is a decent amount too.
    07/20/2018 07:23 PMPosted by Drayen
    The decay penalty seems harsh to me. Go on vacation two weeks and you lose 10-20% of your MMR? How long does it take to get back up? 5 games a week is a decent amount too.
    It's only for S class players I think. Flash or whoever would easily get their rank back, decay or not! But its a necessary feature for the math/distribution to actually work out as intended for the whole ladder.
    when you already release the patch?
    remove the tr under 12 please
    or at least under tr 10 its fu cking trash to play on and it bascially kills the game playing on anything less then 12
    It's funny that in the main screen of the new patch advertising these changes we can see , some graphics with "iccup heartbreak ridge" map in the background. Its stacraft remastered and you somehow advertise the iccup custom server thats wasnt even eglible with bliizard law as far as i know, seems silly to me.