difficulty in single player

General Discussion
Loved the single player campaign, but it was to easy …. would it be possible to add 3 or 4 different difficulties to the game to make it more challenging? I know they are more focused on multiplayer, but maybe there is some interrest in this too.
this will never be, blizzard doesnt care i am sorry to tell you, there will never be better difficulty computers
this is the most important thing they could be working on right now
They don't have to program a new ai …. they could increase the enemy attacks rate and group size or increase the enemys dmg and hp or something like this.
VS-AI could be a great thing, yet they are ridiculously easy, and you cannot setup multiple opponents.
I want to macro turtle king until I can beat 7 AIs.
Please allow custom game making.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/starcraft-coop-campaign/addons/starcraftstarcraft-brood-war-insane-edition

This is the Insane AI version of the campaign. Nothing changed except for the AI simply increased to Insane difficulty, so no balancing was done. You can give this a try.
07/28/2018 07:17 AMPosted by Pachimari
They don't have to program a new ai …. they could increase the enemy attacks rate and group size or increase the enemys dmg and hp or something like this.

You're right, they don't have to do "too much" Except, add a toggle in the settings. Ensure that the effect of setting changes works. And that as a player, it is physically possible to complete every mission under each setting. Forgetting this testing/bug-testing all the usual jazz to game development.

They could without much difficulty (aside from above) implement a slider, Which changes the computers attributes. Heck, Red Alert (Command and Conquer) had this as a thing, which modified both a.i. and general attributes.

1. Cost of items for you. It varied between 20%? either way.
2. Your stuff is weaker by a modifier of some percentage I am not sure. depending on difficulty.
3. a.i. Would be having more health per thing by this modifier.

Normal - Would be the default for skirmishes/online.

Also - I am surprised someone asked for a "difficulty" changer to be MORE difficult. I found base StarCraft - If you knew/worked out the units vs units and which ones you needed, it was easy. I remember one protoss mission involving another protoss, and I tried every unit - every strat I could think of, and I couldn't win. Until I built Archons.

Brood war, I still haven't finished, I got upto the one involving the UED and the zerg against you mission within episode 6, but I still haven't found a viable way to complete it. Especially with the execution of completion. Bare in mind, I am/was playing via N64 at the time. ( N64 <3 )
07/28/2018 09:13 AMPosted by CruelAngel
Nothing changed except for the AI simply increased to Insane difficulty
If you're using PROTOSS CAMPAIGN INSANE in your game...
They aren't focused on multiplayer, the game isn't on the 4th page of twitch (nor the first 3 obviously) because they let it stale and refused to make it so that hotkeys/minimap/pathing work more like SC2 aka the common sense option
I'm working on bringing an old campaign I made to remastered and giving it a facelift in the process, it is much more difficult then the original campaigns and will contain custom scripted AI (among many other things) so just be on the look out for Ascension of Duran Remastered.