Please fix SMURFFING

General Discussion
Quite simple and reasonable solution (I believe) for this situation seems to be making placement matches non-losing ones (in terms of points) for already placed players (in this case, the weaker players).
08/05/2018 02:02 PMPosted by MocnyGnat
Quite simple and reasonable solution (I believe) for this situation seems to be making placement matches non-losing ones (in terms of points) for already placed players (in this case, the weaker players).

correct either take less points from lower players or dont take any point at all, how nice would it be to play a game then lose you check how many points you lose and you see you only lose 1 point or 5 or 0 (because he was 2800 and you 1200 or something)... the should be a point where the lose points are 0
Struggling against very good players that dont belong in low tier leagues and not getting a sense of progress is still an issue. People like me playing online before the official release of the ranking system, those one sided matches were very often. I remember I was getting very often matches with people way more skilled than me and the result were humiliating losses. My biggest loss streak was 20 matches in a row. It felt really bad, but after that big defeat of mine, I noticed that my multitasking skill became better and my apm went from 80-90 to 100-120. When it comes to hard-fast improvement, I think playing against very good players WHILE watching replays/read theory will get you better faster rather than fighting players on your level. Since the game is very punishing even when it comes to the slightest mistakes(and the multitasking stuff), I understand why the newcomers get disappointed and drop the game for good. Fortunately, since the ranking system is out, I rarely get one sided matches. For example, in a ratio of 5-7 matches, I may get 1 match or 2 with an OP opponent. The rest are people around on my skill level. Its not that bad to be honest. The ranking system works for me but still needs polishing. And yea the unlimited acc creation is a problem that causes smurfing. I think blizzard devs are aware of that issue and Im guessing they gonna tackle it very soon. You say you get smurfs in your matches. We all get lol. Not everyone is making new acc for the sake of winning matches. Those who do, are pathetic in my opinion. Winning against a player with lesser skill easily is not that fun to be honest. Most people here looking for competitive matches. Heres a last question. For the rest of the lost matches, have you seeked the reason why you have lost? A "watch replay" can show you. It happens alot, at least to me, to get overwhelmed by enemy who doesnt even know the basics and felt like he was more skilled than me. The replay showed me though that just because I decided not to go for a 3d expansion hatchery in time I was short on gas and couldn't produce enough units. My timing was off and the guy overwhelmed me with zealots and dragoons. So in the end if my timing was slightly better I would have won easily since my micro is better. I hope you get the point. In the end a loss in broodwar is bitter since its a very complex game but dont let that discourage you. Only by following a methodical plan on playing and learning can earn you victories. You new people need to understand fully what the hell you see when a match takes place.
@Masterpanos

I like your philosophy and it is totally correct, There are 3 peaks in life regarding Starcraft Remastered, the first one is when you start seeing replays, watching twitch, learning build orders, you are able to play with a race reading other people builds etc... i call this THE AWAKENING, its just when you learn how to play Starcraft, it seems you are exactly the for what i read not only because you went from 80 apm to 120 apm but because you seem to be LEARNING STUFF FROM REPLAY.

But the truth i want to share with you are players like me that are on the second stage which is what i call THE STRUGGLE, we know everything, we have learned some cool tricks here and there, we know mineral walk when scouting our worker, we block ramps, we protect from a rush with our mineral wokers, we use F2 F3 F4 to move workers when Reaver drop, we know fight compositions, we try to not queque to many units, we know out units micro, we hate lag, we know exctly why we prefer one map over the other... and the list goes on and on... our APM is normally between 120 and 250, some of us even have 300 APM but that is mostly spamming and holding the number button on a main building... also another thing that describes us a lot is that we are OBSESSED ON BEING BETTER, we play 4 or 5 times a week, we watch every single tournament, we know everyone on the ladder that matters, we check starlog.gg and teamliquid. we have a millon discords, we dream on knowing korean.... we can tell a good player from a real good player, some of us are stuck in this level for years, playing and playing, doing the same mistakes over and over again until we break to the third level.

This Third group is what i called THE ENLIGHTEN, they have a different way of playing the game, they been trough everything, they can play any style old or new, they can play Peruvian mass/clueless style and korean perfect micro style, they are the kind of players you will never win because they have perfected their muscle memory to a point the only way to win them is to be another enlighten, when good players watch this matches they dont even know what enlighten ones are doing, you can guess, but they cut workers here and there to make that extra tank that made the difference, they scouted something here and that changed everything !!, they can have army compositions that take in consideration the distance in the map, they do drops while fighting and know stuff that are so esoterically they cant even teach them... that is why they are called THE ENLIGTHEN, they just know what they are doing but is not only muscle memory, but they are playing a Millon games in their head and taking desitions based on solid years of experience.

This game is beautiful and its the best game in the world for that matter, for group 2 mostly points mean a lot, they already taken the en devour of dedicating themselves to Starcraft, they might not be that disciplined to play in a certain way, they have trouble breaking bad habits, but they are there !!! trying and playing.

Its for this people (80% of Starcraft Remastered population) that i and many other people ask for a change regarding points... just the fact to make it more even, if you play someone that is 500 mmr more than you dont take a new account like he was a new person, he just not, take less points from me that i earned so hard... leave everything else intact, don't take 30 points from me like if i was playing someone of the same level as I.

Thats all we are saying, we are STRUGGLING in this beautiful game EVERY SINGLE DAY, EVERY SINGLE WEEK, MONTH AFTER MONTH, TEAR AFTER TEAR !!!, make it happen BLIZZARD, give us a fair chance and start thinking of perfecting this system just a bit. I dont care if i have to play vs someone stronger, just make the points fair, and if i win someone that is 500 mmr more !! give me more points!
Throwers are also a problem. kms0409 just started and left a game with me in about thirty seconds. Guess hes tanking his account.
As for the topic, we already apply a modifier to people creating smurf accounts based on their historical success with their other accounts. We'll continue to tweak that calculation.
08/06/2018 04:23 PMPosted by Grant Davies
As for the topic, we already apply a modifier to people creating smurf accounts based on their historical success with their other accounts. We'll continue to tweak that calculation.

that is great news thank you... and i promise on my mothers grave that wont come from me no more... and sorry for real you know i am just have a problem.
08/06/2018 05:42 PMPosted by hydra2018
08/06/2018 04:23 PMPosted by Grant Davies

that is great news thank you... and i promise on my mothers grave that wont come from me no more... and sorry for real you know i am just have a problem.

You smurf.
What will you do about intentional throwers? Such as leaving 30 seconds into a match, ecetera?