Is there an any api deployment plan?

General Discussion
Hello. I run the SC:R stat site called starlog.

The Blizzard API system gives me the battle tag and the Aurora ID of the user who authorized my app.
I want to retrieve user's profile data (by aurora id).

Is there an endpoint like "get aurora profile by aurora id"?
That is a really good question as a matter of fact i want to share a few ideas about it as i think of the topic and why i consider it important as i am sure it will arise again at some point in 2 years or so.

So Blizzard is shrinking 12% this quarter, but Activition-Blizzard is a strong company that will survive the backlash from having 3 death AAA games (Overwatch - Diablo III) and Heroes of the Storm which is a game only the developer mom plays. Well all this is added to the recent debacle of Diablo Mobile.

But the truth is that Blizzard will surface from this because all Game companies have to do mobile games on their main IP`s, Blizzard done the transition quite earlier and it will be rewarded for being brave early on in the long run.

What am i saying this?, because the truth is that the 12% shrinking & the last debacles might be an indicator that their focus would be on trying to "revitalize" strong IP`s. Is only natural to think that they want to recover/revive their old strong target audience. Specially considering the amount of new games & of course substitutes that the market has now.

So @Lael

Your request INMO could not have been landed on a better time.

An API should in generic terms INMO allow a this 3 points:

• 1) Provide interfacing and efficient handling of public and relevant data trough a 24/7 2018 Web Service (What Lael is requesting)
    • 2) The API should contemplate a future scenario (5-7 years from now?) where the Btnet legacy games might not have its own working servers from Blizzard. Yet not necessarily the same WebService API as contemplated on the first point, is indeed necessary that Starcraft Remastered gets a way for us to build custom servers, ladders and so on. I know this sounds crazy on 2018 but wait a few years and we will think "why haven't we asked for this on time :("

3) The WebService API should also be used for people to not just "fetch/read data" but also "write/set it" in the sense that people are requesting to have personalized bots and interesting functionalities like placing your Twitch link on your name profile, or creating your own chat commands, or logging chat into desktop .txt etc..

So i consider that this request is very important, it should not be a #1 priority by any means but i think not enough has been talked about API/Interfaces/WebServers and the future of Legacy BTNET.
    I must add that beside starlog, profile data allowed community to make wonderful functionalities for their own projects. Including ladder for Fastest Game Possible UMS and retrieving ladder stats for only selected players for tournament purposes.

I know that Blizzard mentioned those data as "not supported api", but it's still better to have not supported, but working mechanism, than don't have it at all.
    I love how The100YOU always sends a reply way too long and has not contributed anything whatsoever.
    Oh wow, in
    Oh wow, in two days he goes from -20 to 0 and I go to -8

:thinking_emoji:
    Thanks Blizzard for killing starlog.gg without providing a proper online leaderboard yourself, btw.

After starlog.gg died, we have no real possibility to check the leaderboard outside the game.
    11/26/2018 08:26 PMPosted by Heart
    I love how The100YOU always sends a reply way too long and has not contributed anything whatsoever.
    02/23/2019 08:32 AMPosted by chrisolo
    Thanks Blizzard for killing starlog.gg without providing a proper online leaderboard yourself, btw.

After starlog.gg died, we have no real possibility to check the leaderboard outside the game.

To be honest, I'm pretty outraged with the dev team. And not with Blizzard for once, but the dev team. I get that they are a small, incompetent, underpaid team or whatever, and that's why it takes 1 year for 3 minor updates, but honestly, is it too fuscking hard to roll back once you introduce game breaking bugs? Or once you break the, in comparison to your own !@#$ty %^- solutions, working, and perfectly working leaderboard? The replay bug was live for like 2 months? And how long are we going to be without a functional leaderboard? Without a way to check what mmr our opponent was?

Seriously, you guys are a disgrace. You treat an established esport, one of the all-time-greats and one of the grandfathers of esport like you are some kind of fancy pantsy agile development team, making untested and *!@#ty changes left and right, but your "agile" methods are not worth $%^-, because it's one guy coding, and introducing bugs in live, and it's not agile development at all. You need to be more considerate, and at least not do damage when you do an update, or at the very least, for facks sake, roll back, when you mess up (which is often).

You guys really fuscking seriously need to take a long hard look at the way you do things, because this is a disaster. I know most people have abandoned hope of things changing, and have given up posting on these forums, but here's to hoping some developer actually still reads this.
    11/26/2018 08:26 PMPosted by Heart

He reminds me of this annoying NPC named Neeber from Baldur Gate II.