Korea/Asia Server Migration Issues

General Discussion
Hi folks,

As you may have noticed, there has been some network instability this week (largely in Korea).

This is because, in our ongoing efforts to migrate all SCR infrastructure to modern & better environments, we encountered some headwinds with a planned date center migration in Korea. Initially we believed we could stabilize, but instead we've decided to revert that migration for now.

Ultimately, we'll want to circle back and try again once we've analyzed the unforeseen issues we encountered, because we all want SCR to be powered by best hardware and fastest pipes available.

Apologies for the disruption this week - sometimes wrangling decades old code can lead to issues that are difficult to predict!

Thanks,
Classic Games
Migrating the data centers and CDN and "pipelines" to korean wouldn't necessarily mean worse latency for South Americans right?, considering we cant hardly play on KOREA anyways because of the bad TR experience for us and KR, correct?. Please tell me there is no relation between latency (ping time to STUN server mostly, and all the Btnet services like fetching game list, profiles etc) and this.
Thanks for sharing with us!
Hello thanks for notice.

But there is big problem in Korea server.
It is game room for advertising.

If you click join open games, ad games are ruling whole lists. I suggest you input fish server's algorithm for blocking ad games.

In addition, would you share plan for updates about eud or map editing?

There are lots of issues and bugs. I hope u patches.

I know korean community leader sent e mail to you guys. Please read it.

Thanks.
12/08/2018 05:52 PMPosted by 뫼니에르

If you click join open games, ad games are ruling whole lists. I suggest you input fish server's algorithm for blocking ad games.

[/quote]

This is 100% true. Even when I filter the game list to "UMS only" "no passworded" "no full games" I still get half the list being website advertisements and it makes it hard to find new Korean UMS maps to play. :/

Thankfully, ads GENERALLY tend to fall to the bottom of the list, but its still very annoying and I'd like to see lobbies that are idle for more than 1 hour be removed from the list at least.
12/06/2018 07:07 PMPosted by The100YOU
Migrating the data centers and CDN and "pipelines" to korean wouldn't necessarily mean worse latency for South Americans right?

To my understanding, this stuff is already in Korea (that's the whole point of "Korean server" I think) - they're just changing things around a bit within Korea itself. So in the end I'd expect your experience to be relatively unchanged (or maybe a tiny bit faster, but at that distance, don't get your hopes up imo)
I hope so, i understand that once the game starts it really doesnt matter because after all is P2P, but i am stressed a bit that the CDN or the STUN server changing to a korean server might make things slower. Anyways is just a game.