2019 priorities

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
12/19/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Herbmon
I like all of these, but one I would like to add is to fix the bug that resets my mouse settings, language filter, and other manual settings. Low threat compared to all the others, but something worth mentioning.
Did this improve at all with the latest patch? We fixed a bug with cloud uploads/downloads that could explain most/all of this.
Looking forward to a public API. This will be really helpful to those of us that host leagues and tournaments and write tools to automate the process.
I added more detail to the gateway merge item. Hopefully that makes it clearer.

On the issue of social and friends in Blizzard regions - we'd love to merge these regions too (or not have regions) - but it's not something we control as it impacts on all Blizzard titles, and for that reason it's not on the list. All we can do (and have done) is convey to the teams that control this at Blizzard that we'd vote for regions to be merged or removed. Over the months we've tried to add better user feedback around regions, and maybe we can do more with this - and this is the item on the list regarding friends.
Very happy to hear relaxed input is on the table. I'll look forward to trying it out.
Expanding map string table?
Sounds like a reasonable list!
I also appreciate the very open and honest post.
Matt/Grant,

Another thing that I may suggest is an "add-on" to the concept of adding worker/unit count to replays (which is on your priority list already). I suggest to add this same concept to Observer mode as well. It's a great thing that we had during 3rd party launchers in 1.16.1 which the community loved. It makes watching games a lot more enjoyable from the observer viewpoint.

If the argument for adding this into Observer mode is bad for commentators, could always make it an option that can be toggled on/off for those that find it valuable as they watch games.

Thanks and great list so far. Looking forward to 2019.
12/19/2018 07:59 AMPosted by liveleak
Thanks for sharing. My thoughts on racepicking are that the number of ZvZ games on ladder are gonna get way too low with racepicking allowed. Zergs hoping to also play ZvZ on the ladder are not gonna get enough games in that MU.

I agree
Race picking ends with some % of the games ending in dodge outright.

Unit count > Worker count. Add a collapsible panel, or add it into the existing selected unit description panel.

Consolidation of gateways is ready to act on. Pick one or two and gray out the rest. Leave it to the D2/W3 people to figure out how to consolidate.

Forcing race picking in custom games is adding hassle. Only a small group wants this, it's highly unlikely to be universally supported to approve essentially a pop-up.
Where I work, we have a system called "Fast Lane Friday". This means we work on tasks that are low priority but easy/fast to test and implement. It really helps move the needle on tasks that otherwise would never get done.
It really helps you gather your low hanging fruit, which we've found to be good for customer satisfaction.
It's something you guys might think about.
2v2 or 3v3?

There are pros and cons. Most players who play custom games prefer 3v3 games. (IN KOREA) To be exact, people like 3v3 games on Hunters Map.

However, there are very few 3v3 team play maps. This means that if you want to add multiple maps to the 3v3 mode in the future, it may be difficult to find the right map.

There are relatively few 2v2 players. In the past, however, Starcraft's professional team-player game has been played mostly by 2v2. That means it will be easier to find the right map if you want to add a variety of maps.

2v2 The list of popular maps in team play is as follows.

Iron Curtain -https://liquipedia.net/starcraft/Iron_Curtain

Sparkle -
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft/Sparkle

Python -
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft/Python

Seongan-gil -(Gil means road in Korean)
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft/Seongangil

Hunters KESPA 1.4 -
http://www.stsisi.com/index.php?mid=map_data&document_srl=2581

Of course 3v3 games in Hunters Map are the most popular, but I would like to recommend 2v2 games.

Because I want to play various maps like 1v1 ladder. However, some players will be unhappy if ladder game use various maps in 2v2. They will demand that Hunters map be played only. (They are also demanding that they only want to play the Figthing Spirits maps in the 1v1 ladder game.)

Because it is very annoying to adjust to the new map. But I want to recommend them a custom game.

I think I prefer 2v2 to play various maps.
I like these planned updates. While remastered version is a bless for us players, there were some issues like input problem that really got on my nerves. I am sure I am not the only one b/c I've seen on Korean SC forum people inquiring about what keyboards to buy so that they can get away with input issues.

As for race picking, I think this is a great idea. One reason I do not play as Protoss on ladder any more is because of the infinite number of PvPs I have to endure, and with this update, I would definitely be happier. Now, there is definitely a fairness issue. For that, one solution could be allowing race picking only in mirror match and giving points penalty for race picking (for instance, gaining half of points that a player would normally have earned when won and losing twice the points when lost).
Thanks for updates and continued work
Hi, good to have these changes coming.
Some other things id like to see would be in profile statistics like win rario on certain matchups and maps. Like how many tvsz i won on fighting spirit etc average game duration micro macro statisticw maybe build order used key ponis in the game map coverage distribution or similar things more advanced game statistics that would help us get better.

Also want to ask of u have been able ro recognise and work on two game bugs.
1) units stucking
2) arbiter recalls with no energy

Thanks for the updates and looking forward to have game getting more stuff coming.
12/19/2018 08:32 PMPosted by dedus224
I like these planned updates. While remastered version is a bless for us players, there were some issues like input problem that really got on my nerves. I am sure I am not the only one b/c I've seen on Korean SC forum people inquiring about what keyboards to buy so that they can get away with input issues.

As for race picking, I think this is a great idea. One reason I do not play as Protoss on ladder any more is because of the infinite number of PvPs I have to endure, and with this update, I would definitely be happier. Now, there is definitely a fairness issue. For that, one solution could be allowing race picking only in mirror match and giving points penalty for race picking (for instance, gaining half of points that a player would normally have earned when won and losing twice the points when lost).

you'd still play the same almost the exact number of Protoss on ladder if they added racepicking. There are only a very few amount of racepickers who would avoid PvP my picking to ZvP or TvP instead.
First of all, thanks so much for this thread! Love it very much. The dev team is doing an awesome job, really; really love the attitude and approach towards SC:R. It would be very cool to have a video, of someone just going around the office, introducing the devs one by one, everyone saying a few words about themselves and how they got to work on this gem of a favourite game of ours; just explaining how many people work on SC:R full-time / part-time, and how many people will be doing so in the foreseeable future. I think that would greatly help with the kind of expectations we set for you guys in our heads, and also would make you more part of the SC:R community / family. Whatever happened to the developer tournament idea? That was also very universally supported. We could arrange a showmatch with some Tier3 players from the Coach Pupil Leauge to play the winner of the Dev Tournament also... The possibilities are limitless :)

Alright, diving into the feedback section, I am very strongly echoing the "Fast Lane Friday" sentiment of GrumpyKitten. That is something I wanted to point out also -- just do the 'instant replay button' (and the likes) and release it, it'll get so much love from the community. People, including myself, often chastise SC:R UX facets for being kind of clunky compared to 1.16, and this would be one more thing where I'd go like, "hey look, SC:R does this better now too than 1.16, so awesome!!".

CONSOLIDATION OF GATEWAYS
It might be that I'm really not grasping something here, but I feel like you guys just sort of use the fact that you can't touch the underlying Blizz infrastructure as an excuse for not doing a workaround. I'm not sure if you guys really get the importance of this, and how bad the situation currently is with this and the friends-situation.

And I completely understand that you can't touch the underlying Blizz infrastructure and all, and that's fine, but why can't you just grey out the other gateways in-game?
And then tell everyone to only use one of the regions in the Blizz launcher? As someone else had said also.

In my mind, this is a very big issue. So annoying that I can only see either my friends from the EU or NA. I really could do a long litany of why this is really undermining the social experience of SC:R.

FRIEND REQUEST ERROR MESSAGE
I think this ties into the regions issue greatly, and is super important to sort this out.

MATCHMAKER ALGORITHM IMPROVEMENTS
This one is pretty important also. I hope that when you guys say 'actual latency', you also mean that in terms of EU vs. NA, because that's also a big player pool you are currently excluding me to play versus, and one I'd probably prefer playing against rather than Koreans (no language barrier).

WORKER COUNT IN REPLAYS / UNIT COUNT
I feel like this is very universally supported. Just copy what the MCA64 launcher did. And just like the mca launcher, make it an option people can untick, if they don't want it. Simple :) Also, mca had upgrade count also. Cool to be able to tell quickly if I took my engagement before my 2-1 upgrades kicked in, or was 1-0 with my mech. Again, just copy mca, always a safe bet.

Agree with SuGo that it should be available in obs mode as well. Also, why can't we chat to each other in obs mode? People have complained about that also, it should be an option that players can mute obs (if its a serious game, they want to focus), but if it's a friendly practice game and we all wanna hang out... It's really annoying to be muted.

Also agree with the ability to be able to ping other obs.

DISCONNECTIONS FROM SERVER
I think this issue could be greatly-greatly alleviated by another fast-track-friday task of remembering login credentials. The launcher already does this, so currently when I get logged off, I just alt + f4, and relaunch from the launcher to get auto-logged in. Kind of silly, and a waste of my time.

FURTHER LEAGUE DIVISIONS
Another universally supported one I think, potentially introduce the Olympic rank, to ease people's qualms about S-rank being too attainable?

RACEPICKING
Indeed a hot topic, but hopefully we get a solution that works for everyone. Maybe just a quick match button, where you can play a certain MU you want to play for tournament practice, without points, but in the same MMR range? That would divide the playerpool though from the MMR que. Tricky indeed.

DISPLAY RACE OF EACH PLAYER IN-GAME IN THE DIPLOMACY POPUP
Another really good one, I often miss this when tabbed. I think the MMR / rank border might also be added here, as that's another one people will miss when tabbed?

Other stuff
There's some other things that would be nice to have / fixed, but I think focusing on these first is a great approach. Thanks for all the hard work, and looking forward to having as many of these rolled out in 2019 as possible!! :)
Your game is trash and nearly everything mentioned should have been present at launch.
I would like a quick and easy way to check my opponent profile after the game.
Seriously, you didn't fix single thing from my list. You added sound that is played every time someone joins lobby. This is pretty useless. There are tons of spec/replay things you need to add and you want to make unit/worker counters only?
I also want to remind that https://starcraft.com/en-us/ profiles don't work.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20769637885
12/20/2018 07:48 AMPosted by Seriosity
12/19/2018 08:32 PMPosted by dedus224

you'd still play the same almost the exact number of Protoss on ladder if they added racepicking. There are only a very few amount of racepickers who would avoid PvP my picking to ZvP or TvP instead.

I don't quite understand what you are trying to say. I wouldn't mind facing Protoss on ladder as long as I can play as Z or T. Perhaps we have different understanding on the definition of racepicking.