2019 priorities

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 9 Next
12/17/2018 03:26 PMPosted by Grant Davies
DISCONNECTIONS FROM SERVER
We know that players are still getting disconnected for reasons that aren’t obvious, and this has been an ongoing investigation in 2018. The good news is that we recently reduced those disconnections by 90% - but the number is still too high and we still have work to do on this.

Finally, i'm tired "you have been logged out" "your connection has been lost" messages.
12/24/2018 09:19 PMPosted by Wes
Grant, thanks for taking the time to keep us in the loop. I am really excited about the "relaxed input" implementation. This is a much needed update. Without it, it makes it difficult for users who switch back and forth between SCII and SC remastered because they feel different. Even though I personally prefer relaxed input, I am wondering if maybe it would be better if it was simply something the user could toggle on/off. I am sure a minority of users may still prefer the other feeling of the game.

Could you also look into a problem regarding a Zerg macro issue? It seems there is a slight delay after issuing the select larva command that makes it difficult to macro. I made a video about it here:

https://youtu.be/pY4n5N-L-Bw

I also made a video regarding a bug that happens when you save a game and then continue playing it and try to watch the replay.

https://youtu.be/g5p0E6TbQqY

The zerg macro issue is much more significant! I hope you guys take a look at that ASAP.
Grant Davies, how are you thinking about EAPM feature ?
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20770487162
Please fix forum system! I had posted something and my post is not shown, as if it didn't ever exist!

EDIT.
OK, I will try to remember what I was saying.

Please please add a way to login offline. The other day I had no internet (ISP problem, common in my country) and I couldn't play with the Remastered graphics. Blizzard App could have a "remember me" setting or something like that.

12/17/2018 03:26 PMPosted by Grant Davies
With WarCraft 3 being Reforged and having an active team on it, and us getting more control of the Diablo 2 codebase and update system, this starts to become more of a reality.

Diablo 2? So... perhaps... maybe this could mean the possibilty for a Diablo 2 Remastered could exist?

12/18/2018 07:56 PMPosted by The100YOU
About BWAPI:

Dont underestimate the power of playing with bots. It can bring new blood and revitalize the whole game, more than you can imagine.

THIS would be awesome. Currently the AI is not as good for practicing, a better more human like AI would also be good.

12/18/2018 09:08 PMPosted by ThanatoZ
Any custom colors in games? I miss the large palette of player colors.

OH this shouldn't be hard to implement, please please add more colors!
12/24/2018 09:19 PMPosted by Wes
Grant, thanks for taking the time to keep us in the loop. I am really excited about the "relaxed input" implementation. This is a much needed update. Without it, it makes it difficult for users who switch back and forth between SCII and SC remastered because they feel different. Even though I personally prefer relaxed input, I am wondering if maybe it would be better if it was simply something the user could toggle on/off. I am sure a minority of users may still prefer the other feeling of the game.

Could you also look into a problem regarding a Zerg macro issue? It seems there is a slight delay after issuing the select larva command that makes it difficult to macro. I made a video about it here:

https://youtu.be/pY4n5N-L-Bw

I also made a video regarding a bug that happens when you save a game and then continue playing it and try to watch the replay.

https://youtu.be/g5p0E6TbQqY

100% Agree, we don't know yet how different will it feel in any given situation.
Anti-Hack function (Hack Program Scanning in PC and Starcraft Turn Off)
Starcraft should prevent Memory Scanning
Hey Grant I'm a full-time 2v2 streamer on twitch for sc2. I've been full-time for about 9 years. My URL is www.twitch.tv/protech.

I want to make this post in this thread because I want to warn you, that if you plan on using the SC2 match making system for 2v2, PLEASE consider thinking again. That MM system that they use in SC2 for teams is absolutely terrible and I would HIGHLY recommend using a different system.

The system favors arrange team players, and there is a WHOLE lot of ladder manipulation that goes on in each ladder.

So please, consider creating/using something that does not use the same system that SC2 does.

Thanks,

Protech
More information displayed in observer mode
(Should be [P1] in my opinion.)

Being able to see things like:
Units inside Shuttles/Overlords/Dropships.
Units / upgrades being produced when the building is selected.
Workers count / Units count. (A must for ZvZ)
etc.
Starcraft is a competitive game and the most pure form of its competition is the ladder.I dont understand why the ladder ''improvements'' dont follow this direction.
There must be as less random elements as possible in the ladder, everything should be based on the skill difference between the opponents.Random and racepicking are distortions of the ladder.You shouldnt be able to play as random without your opponent knowing your race, also i dont want to see people who doesnt play their mirror and play only 2 match ups higher than me in the ladder.
Privacy also doesnt exist especially if you are from a small country, even with the iiiiiii accounts everybody can see your stats and when you play.Put private profiles for people who want them also the blizzard account shouldnt be shown to non friends.
Do something about the smurf problem, emerge all ladders in a global one with only 3 accounts per player and only 1 deletion per season.
ps please fix the mouse/keyboard conflict
ps2 happy new year
01/02/2019 07:02 AMPosted by Over9000
also i dont want to see people who doesnt play their mirror and play only 2 match ups higher than me in the ladder.

Racepicking isn't only playing 2 matchups, you still play 3 of them, but you play another matchup than the mirror one when you're against what would otherwise be your main.
I'm using vpn and I won't get mached vs koreans? I get TR 24 High vs koreans and I feel this is more than fair for me to match vs them.

*Can you also fix the little lag that occurs when im in Tr 20? what's the point in Tr 20 low if its laggy? just up the lat automatically so that it does not lag at all. I see that it lags and Tr doesnt change. It seems TR only changes when theres a sudden spike in lag and not in gradual lag. Please fix this as well
12/20/2018 10:22 PMPosted by 우끼끼끽
- Problem of advertising room

In Korea, there has been a room for promoting illegal gambling websites for a long time. They make rooms to promote the website and don't start games.

There was a function to filter these rooms in the wlauncher, but there is no way to filter those rooms at the moment. Therefore, many players are exposed to the promotion of websites.

So? How did you think Staredit.net become so big? And that is the place for Map makers, and maps. And everything for SC1 and sc2.
Pfft, even tho people didn't "like it" it was great to get people out of hackers hands. -duh- Beside, was not for that, there would be hardly any map supports or in need of maps, doing this won't of happen has much. Just saying.

P.S: People also promote their sites inside their maps, so what, you gonna report those players and maps?
Hey. Senior Software Engineer.

When you send messege from "Warcraft" no need used word "C" from high letter.
Is the server consolidation underlying code in Starcraft or is there a workaround? Is that upcoming or?
What about something like a Coaches Corner feature in remastered?

Maybe, like a game where many people can connect to one lobby, a guy who wants to help out newbies connects, the newbie in question who wishes to play connects.

Both players play a game out while the observers can freely chat in all-chat, but the Coach can mute players as he wants if they're giving away information intentionally instead of sharing learning experiences. Um, also maybe endless pauses and so that the coach can hover his secondary mouse cursor or something over your base to point out errors (the ability to disable/reenable fog of war on-the-fly would be necessary to achieve this).

It would help foster a community experience, thx again.
No additional information in obs mode please. This is not sc2, this is a real sport.
Why isn't ultrawide support an upcoming priority? I want to use my monitor.
Since Starlog.gg is no longer online, there is no easy way to determine the MMR ranges of ranks. The only way to do it is to manually scroll through the ladder, which is not realistic. We need somewhere (online or on Bnet) that we can see what the ranks actually mean in terms of MMR.

Clearly fastest deserves a spot in the map pool.
[/b]

While yes, fastest is very popular - that's the kind of thing that should be restricted to manually hosted/joined games rather than being in matchmaking.

Fastest is so vastly different from "actual StarCraft" that A) Many people hate it and B) It teaches players all the wrong habits.

Just the fact that the game becomes more about playing tower defense and guarding your 50 stacked SCVs that can die to one psi storm on its own makes it different enough from proper Melee that it can't really be lumped in - it's basically a Use Map Settings game with how differently its played and as such, IMO, MMR/matchmaking doesn't seem appropriate.