2019 priorities

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 9 Next
01/06/2019 03:52 PMPosted by CastorTroy
Why isn't ultrawide support an upcoming priority? I want to use my monitor.

Probably because Ultrawide would be an inherent advantage, I imagine. There's a reason we can't zoom in or out during anything other than observing and single-player play - keeping everyone having the same range of view is somewhat important for maintaining a level playing field.
[quote="207692878420"]
P.S: People also promote their sites inside their maps, so what, you gonna report those players and maps?

I'm sorry, but, you don't really have any valid points here. Game lists becoming clogged with fake lobbies is an issue, no matter what kind of positive spin you might put on it, and it does need to be addressed for the sake of the players looking for a game being able to find a friggin' game without parsing through non-games.
Please hurry up with racepicking in ladder =)

I can play any of the matchups, but I don't enjoy mirrors at all. I will be playing a ton more bw again when I can have fun 100% of the time instead of the 66% of the time. =)
RACEPICKING
It’s a pretty hot topic now that we’ve put work against the prevention of ladder dodging, and there are two sides that have opinions we need to listen to and decide on. This is an investigation task where we take community feedback and decide how to approach this thorny topic.

racepicking was the norm in bw for 20 something years. bring it back. no debate.
There is already a clan system in SC2, how do you not have the technology for a clan system in BW? This makes literally 0 sense Blizzard lol
Good to see that team matchmaking is at the top of the list. This item is absolutely essential if we want to grow the community and see higher player counts. I know many people who immediately quit playing remastered when they realized that there was no support for a team ladder.
It's a nice list, but i don't see anything regarding fixing the replay corruption on that list. That should be #1 priority.
CONSOLIDATION OF GATEWAYS
This is something we’ve wanted to do for a long time - but the gateway part of our server infrastructure is essentially the 1998 server code, and it still underpins SCR, WarCraft 3, and Diablo 2. Therefore, we haven’t been able to make this change without impacting the other games. With WarCraft 3 being Reforged and having an active team on it, and us getting more control of the Diablo 2 codebase and update system, this starts to become more of a reality.

What this means is that we could combine US East and US West into just 1 gateway for US for example, or combine all gateways into just one (which would effectively deprecate the concept of gateways).

This is really urgent for the clans, and the community in general, combine all gateways in one would be perfect to get more non ranked games and finally have friends from other servers...
Please allow us to choose our player COLOR in single player games, and choose the difficulty or teams. The random colors and standard simplistic IA is just boring and makes that aspect of the game useless. Also would be a fantastic idea if you allow us to edit custom campaigns or scenarios from official campaigns (Enslavers, Deception, etc.) with a more improved version of Starcraft Editor with the features of SCM Draft or so many other far more more better than the standard and limitated Staredit. That is something that would improve far better the game than simplistic mechanics and other unnecesary stuff. Don't need to break your head to make the game better, just allow us some customization and edition. Its not a crime to read and hear what people demands... sometimes... a bit...
The only thing I'd really like is to have some sort of way to choose the difficulty/archetype of the CPUs in custom games.
Other than that the game is golden atm and can only improve.
01/24/2019 08:05 AMPosted by DVillain
The only thing I'd really like is to have some sort of way to choose the difficulty/archetype of the CPUs in custom games.

I agree.

There was a female streamer who started learning Starcraft a few months ago. Terran player 'Light' taught her directly EVERYDAY, but she could not win at Battlenet until a month later.

I think the problem is that there isn't enough tutorials in this game, but the bigger problem is that it takes too much time to beat a person.

We need a different level AI who can be a sparring partner until begginers can win against people.
01/24/2019 08:05 AMPosted by DVillain

I agree.

There was a female streamer who started learning Starcraft a few months ago. Terran player 'Light' taught her directly EVERYDAY, but she could not win at Battlenet until a month later.

I think the problem is that there isn't enough tutorials in this game, but the bigger problem is that it takes too much time to beat a person.

We need a different level AI who can be a sparring partner until begginers can win against people.

The AI is pretty easy already. Would prefer higher difficulty scripts.

There are many new and low level players currently in the game. If you get into f rank, you will have plenty of time to experiment with builds.

As for blizzard: how about making FIXING THE DAMN REPLAYS a 2019 priority?
Can't wait team matchmaking and clans. Hopefully we will bring back Clan Wars <3 It will give new life for sc :)
01/13/2019 07:08 AMPosted by telecom
There is already a clan system in SC2, how do you not have the technology for a clan system in BW? This makes literally 0 sense Blizzard lol
I dunno if an ingame clan system is honestly necessary with third party software such as Discord being able to provide such types of community services. An ingame name tag for your clan might still be nice though.
I would just be happy if we could get the replays fixed and 2v2 ladder w Dire Straits and Lost Temple as ladder maps!@!@
just get to work the game is unplayable for westerners
until team matchmaking is up i will for sure not buy any more blizz products (classic WoW) and will continue to badmouth blizzard every chance i get
no racepicking that is how people in the old tournaments did the race picking and it was unfair, keep rank to the new ASL and KSL style race vs race and also please fix the random and make it so we can know the race.
Why race-picking on ladder right now would be bad:

Currently as is, 100% of the foreign player base can play against each other with mmr as the only dictating variable. (player chooses to exit game that's on them)

If race-picking is implemented some players might choose P with ZvP. While another P could choose ZvZ. Therefore these 2 players would never meet on ladder even within the mmr range thus creating a 2nd variable.

Therefore the small 100% player pool would be reduced by between 10-30%.

Once the player pool grows significantly I believe race-picking would be a good feature to add. But right now it would probably do more harm than good, catering to the benefit of a very small and biased subgroup.