2019 priorities

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9
12/18/2018 07:56 PMPosted by The100YOU
About BWAPI:

Dont underestimate the power of playing with bots. It can bring new blood and revitalize the whole game, more than you can imagine. If you make this available for the free version or not that is entirely up to you, but is of my strong suggestion you implement this, people will like it... i play BWAPI all the time, and lately there has been a bunch of new bots for 1.16 that are honestly AWESOME, i am sure some of them can kick some serious !@#... cant wait for soulkey/flash/bisu (when he comes back) to play vs bwapi !!.

Anyways that is a serious good looking path for the future, and i know you clearly said some of this things will inevitably be ditched and ignored... but lets dream for a second. Thanks for the good end of a year, i really appreciate the effort to at least knowledge this features request, i am of the strong believe that Warcraft and then Diablo II remastered will keep SC:RM alive for many more years to come, until all of them merge into a bigger "classic launcher", this type of threads help for future reference for sure.

What do you mean ? BWAPI?
Can i play against a super AI? is this possible in multiplayer?
03/21/2019 11:05 AMPosted by Leonix
12/18/2018 07:56 PMPosted by The100YOU
About BWAPI:

Dont underestimate the power of playing with bots. It can bring new blood and revitalize the whole game, more than you can imagine. If you make this available for the free version or not that is entirely up to you, but is of my strong suggestion you implement this, people will like it... i play BWAPI all the time, and lately there has been a bunch of new bots for 1.16 that are honestly AWESOME, i am sure some of them can kick some serious !@#... cant wait for soulkey/flash/bisu (when he comes back) to play vs bwapi !!.

Anyways that is a serious good looking path for the future, and i know you clearly said some of this things will inevitably be ditched and ignored... but lets dream for a second. Thanks for the good end of a year, i really appreciate the effort to at least knowledge this features request, i am of the strong believe that Warcraft and then Diablo II remastered will keep SC:RM alive for many more years to come, until all of them merge into a bigger "classic launcher", this type of threads help for future reference for sure.

What do you mean ? BWAPI?
Can i play against a super AI? is this possible in multiplayer?

BWAPI is a programing framework to create your own AI, is a contest that runs everyday in an automated stream on twitch you can watch in here:

https://www.twitch.tv/sscait

there are other AI frameworks, but the one i know is BWAPI.

The point is that you can learn how to make your own bot by studying how in here:

http://www.starcraftai.com/wiki/Main_Page
https://github.com/bwapi/bwapi

There are very good bots to play against, but for the moment the only way to play is by having a 1.1.6 version, and the ultimate best way is to prepare a virtual machine that has everything pre-installed and working.

Running AI is not particularly easy, you need to have 2 instances of Starcraft 1.16 opened, and this is achieved by using ChaosLauncher and a "multi instance pluging", it will take you a few hours to be able to run a bot, but once you do is just a matter of downloading, drooping files into a folder and changing a text file.

Otherwise there are some older programs that are MUCH more easy to use, for older versions like 1.15... but i dont have then on hand i am afraid, as i lost a hardrive, i am sure there are online somewhere.

I definitively a great experience, and one that the Team should have included from start to be honest, it was a nice solution instead of wasting time making own Blizzard AI which is more complicated.

But dont wait for it, this game is mostly death by now, team match making is the only thing we can 100% expect to come at some point this year.
12/17/2018 03:26 PMPosted by Grant Davies
DONE
[P1] [1.22.3] Replay autosave naming
[P2] [1.22.3] Restore disconnect stat

4 months...
Hey all –

Thanks for all the feedback thus far. It's been fantastic to see how much engagement this post has gotten, and we look forward to your continued support.

As a heads up, I've just added a few updates to Grant's original post-- including some new priorities, and some things that have already shipped in either patch 1.22.2 or 1.22.3.

thanks,
Matt
Thanks so much! That list is on point.

Glad to see you listened to people's suggestions; I see many important things added that weren't there previously. It's good to have a list like this - even if we know the issue isn't a priority, we know it will be done down the line.

One very useful change or addition:
- Play a sound when game lobby is full.

This is more important than sound on player join.
You can either replace player join sound with game full sound, or have both.

Why is this important?
When hosting team games, sometimes it takes a while to fill up the lobby. People join and leave all the time, so if you are alt-tabbed, you cannot tell how many people there are in the game just by the sound (as leaving doesn't play a sound).
Alt-tabbing every time someone joins, to check if it's full, is annoying - but if you don't do it immediately, people think you are inactive and leave. This defeats the purpose of the player join sound - having to constantly alt-tab to check is the same thing we had to do before.

This would not affect 1v1 games, as for them, a player joining is the same as a full game.

As for the BWAPI guys, please ignore them. They are a very tiny minority. Your very limited time is better spent on implementing something useful for the people that actually play the game. Once you're done with other things, it may be ok to tackle BWAPI.
Desync:
I remember old game replays desyncing if a player paused during the game and clicked around while the game was paused - issuing actions to units while game paused.

I don't know if it's still like that, but that might give you a hint. I can't test currently, I'm sorry, I know such reports are not especially useful.
Any news you can give on the progress towards releasing 2v2? lobby 2v2 or otherwise???
Hi, I noticed graphic problems .. it can affect both melee and usemap player. Why don't you put it in your list..

Additionally, big problem in chat log(in game). When you see chatting log and other player chat new word, log view go to top like pushing internet page's GOING TO TOP button. So it is hard to read log. My community notice this problem so many times. It is really uncomfortable using chat log. Please fix it asap. Thanks.
Can you please fix the bug that whenever i rewind or fastforward in a replay all the different replay overlays disappear and i have to bring them all back again everytime. It's annoying especially when you fast forward and rewind in a replay as often as i do. Plese include it in a future patch.
04/04/2019 03:46 PMPosted by 뫼니에르
My community notice this problem so many times

How long?
Hi there Blizzard! First thanks so much for the coming update to SC:BW. In the words of Tikus Finley, "Hell, it's about time!" ;-)

So currently StarCraft BroodWar caps out at 8 player, and "officially" so does StarCraft 2. That said, you can play custom StarCraft 2 maps that let even as much as 16 player matches happen (although the game runs like junk at that point).

StarCraft BroodWar has so much lower system requirements that it's almost a joke to compare how they tax a given PC/Mac. Even at 4K I'll bet good money that SC:BW is still MUCH MORE forgiving on system resources than SC2 is (assumption, but likely a safer one).

So, is there a chance that SC:Remasted will allow for LAN parties of more than 8 players? I mean, a 256x256 map or even a 192x192 has plenty of space on it to support up to 16 players (or at least 12). Because years ago my buddies would have LAN SC:BW parties, but often there would be like 8-13 of us guys playing so not everyone could play the same game together.

So, I at least think it would be cool to have an expanded map pool of higher count player maps and different mixed team maps. Like a 3v3v3v3, 4v4v4v4, 5v5v5, and so on.

Anywho, whatever you'll do thanks for listening to us for these many years and making StarCraft:BroodWar and StarCraft 2 the great games that they are!

*EDITED*

By the way, even if having higher multi-play (12-16 player maps) was only opened up for UMS maps, I would happy with that. :-)

Thanks!
Please add ultrawide support for single player and custom games against my friends. I do not care about competitive play. I will never ever play competitively. I want to use the monitor that I bought. Please add 21:9 support.
can we have a squelch/ignore check box?
To mute some toxic players?
/ignore is great but
when you face some weird names like IIIIIIIIIII or korean name(in korean,not in roma alphabet), you can't literally mute them right?
come on just add this check box for us plz,it's 2019,all games have this function except sc:remastered!