To Devs :Key and Mouse inputs

General Discussion
Is there any good news on working on fixing inputs? No 2 inputs and be pressed simultaneously. I play quickly at a high apm and I tend to mesh a key and click together and a portion of my army remains stagnant. Chaos Launcher fixed this in the past, so I guess im curious if u guys plan on fixing this. Ive read several complaints on this from players and nothing has been said by devs. Please reach out, Thanks ^^
https://twitter.com/MattShermanSC/status/1053414393109573632 Been a while since I have seen anything more on it than this.
There is a large volume of support for this in the community. Our Korean team also hosted a summit with pros a few months ago, and support was unanimous for this change from that group.

That said, it's always been something I've wanted to move slowly and carefully on. In my mind, the next step is probably us getting a test build up on PTR so that we can start an informed discussion around it with the entire community.

To manage expectations, although it's something that we all feel is worth investigating, it's also not priority #1 right now, so I'm not sure what the timing of that next step will be.
cool, thats a good change
Please do this so i can be S rank. This is literally the only thing holding me back from being ASL level.

seriously tho this is really difficult for specifically zerg production rounds.
Very good news! By the way it might sound silly but I wish there was a way to donate to developers or invite volunteers to help and make changes quicker. Any way to help from the community to small dev team would be awesome. :)
12/05/2018 09:29 AMPosted by Grant Davies
There is a large volume of support for this in the community. Our Korean team also hosted a summit with pros a few months ago, and support was unanimous for this change from that group.

That said, it's always been something I've wanted to move slowly and carefully on. In my mind, the next step is probably us getting a test build up on PTR so that we can start an informed discussion around it with the entire community.

To manage expectations, although it's something that we all feel is worth investigating, it's also not priority #1 right now, so I'm not sure what the timing of that next step will be.

You often say X is not a priority ATM when people suggest a fix or something specific like above.

What is on the priority list? I feel like that is the type of stuff that would calm the community. I really appreciate those mini clips you would post on twitter. Wish we got more of those.
12/06/2018 01:48 AMPosted by UnlimitedXP
12/05/2018 09:29 AMPosted by Grant Davies

You often say X is not a priority ATM when people suggest a fix or something specific like above.

What is on the priority list? I feel like that is the type of stuff that would calm the community. I really appreciate those mini clips you would post on twitter. Wish we got more of those.

This
People... when a community manager, dev, customer service responds over an official line you must understand they have to try to "make everyone happy", the main problem right now is Team Match Making, and if they say somethinglike: "...the input lag is not priority 1.." some other more than sensitive people would think: "hey they are not 100% deep on Team Match Making."

That is all...they are trained to talk that way. Dont ever read that means they either have no plan for fixing the input (because i am certain they do) or are already working on it parallel to everything else. They just have to keep their "priority straight service wise".

Those mini clips are indeed awesome i cant wait for the next dev update !!!, but i am sure they are not delivering on it because well... the Blizzcon was very informative and there is not that much more to say right?, i think that video will just be:

"We are working on team match making and delivering at some point next year... we hope on the very first half of it, we are also working on several minor improvements... etc"

I mean, as far i know that reads this forums every single day they are indeed hands deep in this problem, sort to say, when they say "it is not a priority" it far from meaning "we are not working on it". is just that we gamer and consumers tend to be a little bit hasty on requesting stuff, we sometimes fell entitled to get things that in our view seem very "simple".

For instance this whole thing about inputs, has to be done carefully, has to be tested bit by bit, imagine the outbreak of this making something else fail!, which trust me The devs know, in the early patch they changed small things here and there and other things broke etc.. is just how this code is. Starcraft Broodwar main code was done in 1997... maybe they can do a video explaining this a bit? i dunno, but this is the kind of game code that has to be touched with surgical hands. This doesn't mean they have not attempted to touch the code. Those who know a little bit about game design and coding always cross our fingers when we read a new patch list XD... because we know every single change was done by someone that IS REALLY GOOD AT PROGRAMMING... trust me, they are indeed very good at it.

Look, i am not saying that i dont want things to happen fast, but the reality is that we have a working game, that you can launch and play, Starcraft Remastered is there, you can open it right now and play it, is pretty much a product that works for me every single day, sometimes i get booted from the server... sometimes RANK is obnoxious with the same people, sometime i play 4 games win points and then a smurf account comes and takes it all...

All of that is working.

Everything else that is not Team Match Making should not be priority 1, that is all grant is saying, that they are indeed looking at all this problems and giving them a fix, but they don't want to make other people fell they are not deep working on Team Match Making.

That is all.

EDIT: also... you people should consider something, number 2 priority probably is the change between 32 and 64 bits... or maybe even priority 1, how can you change something so "essential" as inputs when they have already identified that is a global market switch into 64 bits processors etc, probably next years (at least those are the rumors). So always consider that. They are changing the whole architecture of the code to run on 64 bits computers, they probably have already a working build with the input problem solved !!!, bu they need to work on this things.

We can only serve with our patience at this point honestly.
Yes, I agree with this... Sniper bald locks (UMS Map) Needs this to be fixed as well. If you guys over there in blizzard aren't familiar with our community, come join us in our discord to see we operate. We have a Strong 162 member community.

https://discord.gg/m7B5R46

(Open to anyone who is curious)