One year later, my current feedback

General Discussion
Exactly one year since I last posted here, wow! am I still being used as a profile template for update previews? Probably not, oof.

Uh... I wanted to make this short, but wtf happened? Seriously? One year and no 2v2 ladder? No lag fix? Literally 365 days, one whole year, I decided to keep my mouth shut and wait for updates. This hasn't been a week for me, or a month. I waited a YEAR for team ladder and lag fixes, among other things.

In 2017 we were told to chill out and wait. In two weeks it'll be 2019 and the game is exactly the same.

One guy made wLauncher. One guy made mca64Launcher. One guy made Chaos Launcher. One guy made the largest Korean Brood War server to ever exist that became a pillar of the Brood War scene. How many people does it take to update a game they themselves created? How many dollars? How much time? Is there something I'm missing here? I keep being told I'm rude to devs for talking like this, but like... are we just supposed to quit? "Literally unplayable" is a stupid meme. However, SCR is walking a frail and beaten bridge outside of Korea right now.

I love StarCraft, dude. It's my favorite !@#$ing game. I can't believe I uninstalled it to make room for other games. I want to play every day like I did on Fish, but I'm an adult now. I didn't have responsibilities when SCR was revealed. Now I have a job to pay tuition for a double major. I'm in a serious relationship. My family is in shambles, I have real life %^-* going on. I can't be expected to spend twenty minutes finding the fastest VPN node of the day anymore, that's simply not worth my time.

For me and probably most reading this, StarCraft isn't another game we can rage quit when the devs screw up. It has become a staple of our gaming lives. When a revitalization is promised by Big Blue themselves, imagine our dismay when we see the same thing every... single... day...
Seriously: What the frack are you talking about?

So there is no 2v2 matchmaking. Fair point. Who ever is in charge should be whipped through the streets of the Lost Temple map for not getting how essential at least SOME KIND of fair matchmaking would be for the 2v2 community.

What else? What lag are you talking about? Network performance is amazingly good. They did a superb job on the netcode. I have critizism of my own. I like to see some things that I consider rough edges and unpolished. But the core game works FANTASTIC.

Now use you adult maturity that you claim to have and present your point(s) in a proper manner or shut up.
Mr. NotGayDragon,

there is no 2v2 in the ladder and I understand that you are waiting for it. But I have an advice for you that is maybe helping you. you need a friend to play in a team anyways, so why not join a clan and play 2v2 games with them? It should not be to hard to find people to play with.
And if you want it to be more competitiv, play for your clan in the Broodwar Clan League (BWCL). In every match there are four 1v1 and one 2v2 match.

About the lag, I am on the side of Grulemugg. I am also not facing any real lag anymore. The connection is great for me. But I live in europa, were do you live?

Or are you complayningabout the fact that you want to play vs koreans, like you did on fish? Because then I get your point, that is hard to do.

So let me know what you think man.

But pls tell it in a respectfull way, without any rage, or harrasment.

I am looking forward for your feedback.
It's hard to argue against his points to be fair and honest.

It has been about a year since we've been told 2v2 match making would exist. The network isn't nearly as bad as it once was, think it's improved 10 fold, and with that said I also don't think it's perfect. Could use more tweaking. I would love to see a similar system to that of mcalauncher//chaos launcher even if that means using a 3rd party program that they would have to make separately and that would have to be ran separately from starcraft just like mca and chaos did. People were willing to run it though because of all the benefits it brought to the table and thats cause it was ad heavy and people still never complained. The pro's outweighted the cons.

Not going to lie, these past few months I was also becoming equally as irritated because we weren't being given any obvious fixes. Fixes that the game clearly needed that address bugs/errors. I know it's a hassle but those are things that must be cleaned up and those things people notice.

If they can continue releasing bug fixes//additions frequently then perhaps waiting another 6 months for 2v2 matchmaking wouldn't feel as torturing also, people would understand and be more forgiving to the pace of 2v2's official release, it shows that there is progress.

Last patch helped release some stress. Knowing that there is some progress helps alleviate the idea that the staff are just sitting there with their feet on the desk snacking on their snickers bar while the game is working at what i consider poor performance.

No matter what, i'd still play the game because Starcraft game itself is ridiculously fun and it's a rare "specimen". It's is a genius creation, 1 in a million. That's what is sad about all this. Blizzard can throw me a half assesed product that would barely function and i would still play it lmao!

Anyways enough rant. With all above said I do appreciate these last few patches the team has given us, hope to see more of them sooner rather than later.
12/16/2018 06:50 AMPosted by UnlimitedXP
It's hard to argue against his points to be fair and honest.

It has been about a year since we've been told 2v2 match making would exist. The network isn't nearly as bad as it once was, think it's improved 10 fold, and with that said I also don't think it's perfect. Could use more tweaking. I would love to see a similar system to that of mcalauncher//chaos launcher even if that means using a 3rd party program that they would have to make separately and that would have to be ran separately from starcraft just like mca and chaos did. People were willing to run it though because of all the benefits it brought to the table and thats cause it was ad heavy and people still never complained. The pro's outweighted the cons.

Not going to lie, these past few months I was also becoming equally as irritated because we weren't being given any obvious fixes. Fixes that the game clearly needed that address bugs/errors. I know it's a hassle but those are things that must be cleaned up and those things people notice.

If they can continue releasing bug fixes//additions frequently then perhaps waiting another 6 months for 2v2 matchmaking wouldn't feel as torturing also, people would understand and be more forgiving to the pace of 2v2's official release, it shows that there is progress.

Last patch helped release some stress. Knowing that there is some progress helps alleviate the idea that the staff are just sitting there with their feet on the desk snacking on their snickers bar while the game is working at what i consider poor performance.

No matter what, i'd still play the game because Starcraft game itself is ridiculously fun and it's a rare "specimen". It's is a genius creation, 1 in a million. That's what is sad about all this. Blizzard can throw me a half assesed product that would barely function and i would still play it lmao!

Anyways enough rant. With all above said I do appreciate these last few patches the team has given us, hope to see more of them sooner rather than later.

Couldn't agree more with every word!
I agree Unlimited! They threw a poor functioning game at me and for some reason, I keep coming back to it lmao.

The remaster has been getting better, but still, it's just haven't reached that addicting level of fun like 1.16 gave to me.
Welcome back Gay Dragon! I too am disappointed and agree with your points.
I haven't played more than a few games in the last 6 months or something like that. Queued a couple of games today, first with delay vs someone from NA(I'm EU) and then someone from England which is very close to me since I'm from Norway. TR fell down to 8 and it was not playable at all.

I basically quit the game because of all these problems, only to check it out after half a year to see if it got better. Not sure if I will even bother to check in again in the future. 18 months the game has been out, and still it is unplayable. You have to live in/close to South Korea to play Brood War, sadly.
12/29/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Kare
I haven't played more than a few games in the last 6 months or something like that. Queued a couple of games today, first with delay vs someone from NA(I'm EU) and then someone from England which is very close to me since I'm from Norway. TR fell down to 8 and it was not playable at all.

I basically quit the game because of all these problems, only to check it out after half a year to see if it got better. Not sure if I will even bother to check in again in the future. 18 months the game has been out, and still it is unplayable. You have to live in/close to South Korea to play Brood War, sadly.
you even complain lagging with me and im from Belgium,go fix your trash internet already or your computer..
12/29/2018 03:01 PMPosted by Eonzerg
12/29/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Kare

you even complain lagging with me and im from Belgium,go fix your trash internet already or your computer..

I suggest you "go fix" your trash personality instead. No wonder you don't complain about lag eonzerg, your whole playstyle revolves around it.
my playstyle revolves around it ? LOL my personality is trash for telling you what your real problem is ? from day one u complaining the same thing,check every post,what u mention is a huge loss of data or your pc freezing.How comes koget from Norway play just fine and others players like shrinker madinho etc.right now the problem is that the TR is always looking for players around your region so it takes a long time to find players and sometimes they are low MMR.Lag is not a problem,Lag is your problem and you should fix it by your side.

but u are so f*cked that do u even see lag where there is not :D
1. Again, it's not my problem. My internet and PC is fine and the problem lies with Blizzard/distances to players.

2. Koget, you, shinker and everyone else have the same lag issues. I just tuned into your stream to check and you are playing with TR20 on High latency. Are you blind?

3. When I see bad TR and bad latency in the top left corner, then that is seeing lag where there is no lag????

4. Learn to write, seriously.
12/30/2018 10:18 AMPosted by Kare
1. Again, it's not my problem. My internet and PC is fine and the problem lies with Blizzard/distances to players.

2. Koget, you, shinker and everyone else have the same lag issues. I just tuned into your stream to check and you are playing with TR20 on High latency. Are you blind?

3. When I see bad TR and bad latency in the top left corner, then that is seeing lag where there is no lag????

4. Learn to write, seriously.

no doubt im playing with VPN against korean so games are always tr20 high tr14 tr16 etc,normal ladder (no vpn) is always tr24 tr20.
As we all know, how you revive a game is you charge 30$ for a HD mod and a ladder that should have been there for free in the first place, to the people who already paid for the game & are dumb enough to pretend that's not anti-consumer

And also let extremely professional, smart people like pete stilwell pretend the sheeple hive minded community is right, right?

Facts say otherwise:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today%205-y&geo=US&q=starcraft%20remastered

Literally like I said, only a spike in interest from people who thought it was gonna be more than a brainless cash grab
They unironically think letting the game stale and not changing the gameplay (because it's somehow magically timeless, and because of an appeal to tradition fallacy) is the way to go, don't expect anything... but you'll still be let down
i want to know what the GayDragon opinion is.
The game is actually so dead there is only 1 person to downvote controversial posts

While there used to be a lot of discussion back when it was announced
01/01/2019 02:02 AMPosted by Tyvalir
The game is actually so dead there is only 1 person to downvote controversial posts

There’s only on average three to four posts a day on here.
01/04/2019 08:23 PMPosted by NiceRNG
01/01/2019 02:02 AMPosted by Tyvalir

There’s only on average three to four posts a day on here.

The outdated gameplay is the only thing holding this back from being big on twitch.

But no, pete stilwel has to tell himself "well all the feedback we got says "we need to keep everything exactly as it is, just change the graphics and give players a ladder", and look where that got us, the game is literally dying, with ONE spike in interest after the announcement.

Nothing to say, absolutely everything is pointing to the fact that they should remove the black minimap and the 12 unit selection limit at least. Then move on to being able to see how many workers you have and balance issues.