Patch 1.22.2 notes

General Discussion
Hi Matt,

I am an avid 2v2 player, and was hoping you could provide me with an approximate date range for if/when 2v2 ranked will be released?

Thanks!
Hey all -

We've just updated to 1.22.2.5125 which provides an additional fix towards the UI going blank on certain machines in certain circumstances.

Thank you for your patience.

cheers,
Matt
After that last fix (presumably) some UI elements are gone from replay panel and you can't bring them back (like clicking E does nothing). All it was while watching a hosted replay in multiplayer. Looks like easy to reproduce.
Hi, one of the features I suggested (play a sound when a player joins the lobby) was implemented with this patch. I wanted to stop by and say "Thank you!!". It feels great that, after 20 years of playing, a tiny little part of SC is actually coming from me, harr! ^^
Hey i just got to sit on my home computer to play since the last patch... i have 3 screens at home and i find the join sound now... how can i turn it off? or on when i want to.

Why would you create a sound that cant be turned off? did i missed something in settings? the toggle on/off doesn't seems to be in settings, where is it? is it a command?

it has to be somewhere right? people wont create a sound you cant turn off? i mean.. why? what???.
12/15/2018 07:48 PMPosted by The100YOU
Hey i just got to sit on my home computer to play since the last patch... i have 3 screens at home and i find the join sound now... how can i turn it off? or on when i want to.

Why would you create a sound that cant be turned off? did i missed something in settings? the toggle on/off doesn't seems to be in settings, where is it? is it a command?

it has to be somewhere right? people wont create a sound you cant turn off? i mean.. why? what???.

I haven't tried this out yet but it can probably be turned off by going in Settings > Sound > Sound plays while in Background. ^^
oh is that the setting ok, that is a really weird name, why not calling it "ring that goes beyond threshold" or something more clear.
12/13/2018 09:32 AMPosted by sickr1rider
12/12/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Grant Davies
...So far, we've had no luck in reproducing this issue internally. Is there any other info you can share - for example, general PC specs? OS? Does this only happen in the replay overlay? (I assume it also happens in the observer overlay). Is it happening when watching via the single player menu or only in the multiplayer menus? Anything else you can think of to help us narrow it down.

All of my replays seem corrupt now. The players seem to be afk with workers stacking up idle. I am watching by going through the profile menu not creating a game. I did update to the latest nvidia driver not sure that had anything to do with it tho. Specs are Windows1064bit, nvidia 1070

Hi, same issue here, replays are bugged. Specs win 10 64b - intel hd 4th gen.
Can you revert back to the previous patch at least until the replay problem is resolved?
12/12/2018 04:35 PMPosted by Matt Sherman
12/12/2018 03:05 PMPosted by SuGo
Seems like a lot of issues already when watching replays.

Already 3 instances when watching replays -

1) Red bar appears at bottom of replay and all hotkeys stop working (QWER)
2) A "green circle" appeared in replay as if it was trying to load something
3) All Widgets are gone - Impossible to bring any of the widgets back, even pressing "A" for All doesn't work (obvioulsy QWER won't work either)

In all 3 scenarios, you can't even exit because the menu bar is gone and you can't use a hotkey to bring it back either. Had to end up doing ALT F4. Multiple people were in these replays with me and faced the same issues.

Also, in all 3 scenarios, the player bar is gone when watching replays (the bar at top which shows player names, minerals, supply). No hotkey works to bring it back. This might the most annoying when you're trying to watch a replay.

EDIT: Even more crazy stuff. It's almost impossible to watch a replay. Something wonky continually happens. This time, I saw the settings (like if you go to Video settings) on top of the game while the replay is going, and obviously didn't even open the settings because I can't access it to begin with. I did try restarting my computer already. Multiple people still reporting the same.

Thanks for the report, we are investigating.

Matt, still facing a lot of issues on this and many others are too. It's almost unbearable to even watch replays. We have to alt f4 every time because everything disappears, even the menu bar (of course, pressing 'A' to bring widgets back does not work either).

Also, the other big issue now is during obbing games. This same issue of the widgets disappearing occurs when obbing games as well. And even most annoying is the player bars/supplies/APMs disappearing too which effectively makes observing games useless.

If you still need help or need screenshots, etc, please email me and I can help provide the details.
12/16/2018 10:16 AMPosted by SuGo
12/12/2018 04:35 PMPosted by Matt Sherman

Thanks for the report, we are investigating.

Matt, still facing a lot of issues on this and many others are too. It's almost unbearable to even watch replays. We have to alt f4 every time because everything disappears, even the menu bar (of course, pressing 'A' to bring widgets back does not work either).

Also, the other big issue now is during obbing games. This same issue of the widgets disappearing occurs when obbing games as well. And even most annoying is the player bars/supplies/APMs disappearing too which effectively makes observing games useless.

If you still need help or need screenshots, etc, please email me and I can help provide the details.

Appreciate your offered support Sugo. We will continue to hammer on these and be in touch.
12/12/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Grant Davies
12/12/2018 03:05 PMPosted by SuGo
Seems like a lot of issues already when watching replays.
So far, we've had no luck in reproducing this issue internally. Is there any other info you can share - for example, general PC specs? OS? Does this only happen in the replay overlay? (I assume it also happens in the observer overlay). Is it happening when watching via the single player menu or only in the multiplayer menus? Anything else you can think of to help us narrow it down.

While you are at it working on the issue it would be amazing if you manage to implement a full compatibility code/addon to fix all the replays no matter the patch so streamers and youtubers can play, cast end enjoy those amazing replays from the past with the community!
Like FalconPaladin does for instance.

Thank you
When is there going to be a fix for replays? The majority simply do not, or stop working part of the the way though. Its a big problem.
Don't get why there is no rollback until they fix it
Sometimes ranked games do not connect, I don't see my opponent updated on the map preview pefore match and after some wait time there's a message in the game console in red:

Error: Failed to send end game result to server.

Not sure if it's a major thing, happens once in a while.
12/17/2018 05:43 PMPosted by All4thewin
When is there going to be a fix for replays? The majority simply do not, or stop working part of the the way though. Its a big problem.

We are aiming to deploy a fix for this asap. Thank you for your patience.
Hey all -

We've just updated to 1.22.2.5147 which provides an additional fix towards the UI disappearing in both replays and observer mode, as well as a fix for replay functionality.

cheers,
Matt
We should have also thanked SuGo for helping us run down and test the UI issues. It was extremely helpful!
12/19/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Grant Davies
We should have also thanked SuGo for helping us run down and test the UI issues. It was extremely helpful!

Thanks.

I'd like to simply note that the SC team (Matt/Grant) were super fast and worked very closely with me. It's a great personal touch that they provide to get close to the community, partner together, and tackle these problems.

I felt a sense of urgency in their work and I feel they'll continue to do good work for the community into 2019, especially with the 2019 priority list that they've created.